Jeremy Clarkson made me laugh

dune

He's not a character, he just tries to be controversial for money. Otherwise he is nothing and has no talent. Just another Littelejohn. Obviously a bit of self-publicity to try and shift some of his quality literature before Christmas.

Still, I guess he saves some people the trouble of trying to form their own opinions using facts. (I guess I should point out that I'm self employed before anyone suggests I was on strike yesterday!)

That's really poor, kind of akin to saying "Is it the School Holidays" when arguing in threads. Try again.

For a leftie Badgerx16 is very very funny.

Sadly at the other end of the spectrum we have Um Pahars, Franks Cousin and Thorpe-le-saint.

He's not a character, he just tries to be controversial for money. Otherwise he is nothing and has no talent. Just another Littelejohn. Obviously a bit of self-publicity to try and shift some of his quality literature before Christmas.

Still, I guess he saves some people the trouble of trying to form their own opinions using facts. (I guess I should point out that I'm self employed before anyone suggests I was on strike yesterday!)

Apart from being a presenter of Top Gear a very very popular TV programme since 1988, which people are forced to watch at gun point.

Apart from earning £1.7 million a year from books, DVD's and newspaper articles, which people are forced to buy at gun point.

What talent does Clakson have?

I'm pretty talentless, where do I sign up for a job like his? It must be pretty easy to earn £2.7mil a year if he can do it, perhaps some of our talented teachers should give it a go. If a nobody like Clarkson can do so well, think how well NUT's finest would get on in the same role.

good that someone dares to say what they think , even if it is too radical for everyones taste.

The country , the western world even , is full of boring plebs not daring to say anything controversial, just in case they get labelled a whatever.

He makes good reading and tv - simple as that.

I see people in the media are just focussing on a specific comment not all his comments on the one show.

he said he was for the strikers as there were no cars on the road.

one Radio 5 show host was trying to get a lawyer to say there was a legal case for Clarkson to answer and the police should investigate. She said if you were to change the word striker for Black, Jew etc. and that by refering to strikers being shot it was no different to referring to ethnic groups, I think she has lost the plot

BBC are not helping as they keeping playing the comments on radio shows and news bulletins

Oh have the union heirarchy got nothing better to do than waste poor members subscriptions on legal cases.

Some folk need to have a sense of Humour failing that then all comedians should be shot so that their humour can no longer offend people.

I can see why Dune likes Clarkson, they are very similar in terms of being 'comical' Right wingers who just say things to get a response.

Unfortunately that's where the similarity stops for Dune as he does not make millions from book, DVD and newspapers and get to drive fast cars.

This was his best line;

"I mean, how dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living"

Comedy gold coming from him, I'm sure he'll be safe in retirement, bless his little cotton socks.

Clarkson is a total c*** but this was obviously a joke. He should just be ignored.

Yeah, obviously a joke but not sure he's a total c***.

He's a clever guy with a sense of humour who likes to wind people up. The OP on the other hand, just seems interested in the winding-up part.

This was his best line;

"I mean, how dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living"

Comedy gold coming from him, I'm sure he'll be safe in retirement, bless his little cotton socks.

When your lifestyle was/is/will be paid for by Paddington Bear it's easy to sneer...

We need people like Clarkson on the BBC.

I thought it was funny. Admittedly saying it on the One Show which has a clear remit to be 'warm and fluffy' and as least likely to offend as possible was, in hindsight, not a great choice.

But rather have Clarkson and free speech than the Union Mafioso Bosses dictating to us what we can and can not say.

This was his best line;

is he unemployed then ? i thought he did work ?

or are you questioning the level of work he does ?

Just under 5,000 complaints to the beeb.

So I reckon that makes it about 59,995,001 who have not complained. Storm in a teacup and a PR managers dream. Free publicity just as he has DVD to sell for Xmas.

Whether it was PC to say what he did or not or whether it was funny, the fact that the sheep jumped on the bandwagon. Bet his Bank Manager & Pension Fund Manager are laughing their rocks off.

How pathetic!

It was totally taken out of context. Prior to what he said, he did say that as it was the BBC, balance was required and then said what he did.

The deputy secretary general of unison says that this strikes fear into public sector workers. I would suggest that when you call 999 and no-one turns up because the ****s are on strike, causes far more fear IMO

Just under 5,000 complaints to the beeb.

So I reckon that makes it about 59,995,001 who have not complained. Storm in a teacup and a PR managers dream. Free publicity just as he has DVD to sell for Xmas.

Whether it was PC to say what he did or not or whether it was funny, the fact that the sheep jumped on the bandwagon. Bet his Bank Manager & Pension Fund Manager are laughing their rocks off.

I bet they are too.

In a sense, I'm with you on this one Phil - we all know that Clarkson is a nob, and it's difficult to assess how many people would take his comments seriously. The problem is that there probably are people out there who are behind those comments 100%.

Clarkson has enough money. If, as you've said, this is a massive publicity stunt, then he could at least pick a better target for his manufactured ire than public sector workers. Still, wouldn't go down as well with his target demographic, I suppose.

I find Clarkson irritating, not least because most of what he says is just synthetic crap said for effect. I also think he played a large part in 1,000s of people losing their jobs at Rover as Top Gear routinely ridiculed the products and company. That said he is totally entitled to say whay he did and the union are just making themselves look stupid / humourless.

As is anyone who takes him seriously and gets "offended" by him.

I don't take him seriously but I do still find him offensive? Where does that put me? To me he is like whatshisname off fox news who ended up starting to believe his own act and got shipped out once they started losing advertisers. I suspect he has shot himself in the foot a bit as I expect his book/dvd/whatever he is promoting will be struck off the wish lists of more people than it is added to after that appearance.

I don't take him seriously but I do still find him offensive? Where does that put me? To me he is like whatshisname off fox news who ended up starting to believe his own act and got shipped out once they started losing advertisers. I suspect he has shot himself in the foot a bit as I expect his book/dvd/whatever he is promoting will be struck off the wish lists of more people than it is added to after that appearance.

I doubt if those who had anything by Clarkson on their "wish list" would be at all put off by what he said. He is a celebrity gobsh!te. He can be avoided. There are more important things in the world to worry about.

Being offended by Clarkson is akin to being offended by Dune on here, ridiculously over sensitive.

As mentioned above its no so much offended by what he says and the fact that what he says is probably not what he really thinks but an act. Which would be fine except people like right wing nutcases with guns use it as one of their justifications for mass murder. Never mind tens of people dead it was only a joke. As I said like the bloke on fox news who wound up all the 'Tea Party' to the point where anyone trying to become president on the republican side has to be extremely right wing.

It's not exactly unexpected for Clarkson to come out with comments like this. IMO, no matter which side of the debate you're on, he's better off ignored because he adds nothing of value. The unions especially should rise above it and focus on the important issues at the heart of the matter, i.e. meaningful debate and negotiation about the pension offer...

It's not exactly unexpected for Clarkson to come out with comments like this. IMO, no matter which side of the debate you're on, he's better off ignored because he adds nothing of value. The unions especially should rise above it and focus on the important issues at the heart of the matter, i.e. meaningful debate and negotiation about the pension offer...

This. Prentis should stop being so precious about it and concentrate on making sure we take as much back from the government as we can on the issue.

I find Clarkson irritating, not least because most of what he says is just synthetic crap said for effect. I also think he played a large part in 1,000s of people losing their jobs at Rover as Top Gear routinely ridiculed the products and company. That said he is totally entitled to say whay he did and the union are just making themselves look stupid / humourless.

Having worked with JC on the Sunday Times Driving and later InGear sections I can only say that in that case, he is responsible for job losses at Porsche, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, Ford, Honda, Ferrari, Bentley and many moreas he slags them all off routinely.

However there is a flip side to that, 3 days after he destroyed the Bentley Continental GTC I spoke to someone very senior at their Head Office expecting the usual "why can't the Sunday Times say nice things about us, we advertise with you, all the other papers recognise that", but instead I was told their Barclay Sq store alone took 13 orders as a result of his review!

He is a fascinating guy that plays up to the characature he created that makes the BBC 10's of millions of £'s in syndication revenue globally. Easily the hardest working "celeb" I've worked with too.

Oh, and Top Gear is the Dali Lama's favourite TV show, he is obsessed with Clarkson, weird but true!

As mentioned above its no so much offended by what he says and the fact that what he says is probably not what he really thinks but an act. Which would be fine except people like right wing nutcases with guns use it as one of their justifications for mass murder. Never mind tens of people dead it was only a joke. As I said like the bloke on fox news who wound up all the 'Tea Party' to the point where anyone trying to become president on the republican side has to be extremely right wing.

As much as Clarkson is a bigotted, mysoginsitic, hypocritical and at times purposefully provocative individual, I'm not sure i'd bracket him in with the Glen Beck's of this world. His rants and exposure is different gravy.

He's the light entertainment answer to Jim Davidson to me.

German joke, circa 1941.

Q: "What happened to the Frenchman who went on strike?"

A: "They executed him in front of his family".

Good German joke, ja?*

(*not entirely sure what my point is here. I'll get back to you)

He should be shot, not the nurses. I'm sure he'll collect his £1 million of taxpayers money without a slight bit of conscience, whilst the nurses work 24/7.

It's a fair point that's been made. If I said Blacks and Asians should be shot, let's say if they were striking about an issue close to their heart, then I laughed it off. I mean, it's just me and my crazy sense of humour isn't it? Well you know the outcome.

What next, what if the Jews were striking or demonstrating, how about....."let's gas them!!!!"

*Everybody falls about laughing at my witty sense of humour and the total hilarity of my quirky personality* ***

***Not of course.

Referring to striking workers, Mr Clarkson said: "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813

Needless to say the Left wing scum are getting their knickers in a twist over his remarks.:lol:

To$$er

Like that oaf Clarkson.

Clarkson is a total c*** but this was obviously a joke. He should just be ignored.

Like that oaf Dune

I can see why Dune likes Clarkson, they are very similar in terms of being 'comical' Right wingers who just say things to get a response.

Unfortunately that's where the similarity stops for Dune as he does not make millions from book, DVD and newspapers and get to drive fast cars.

It's hard to get on in life when still living at home with mummy at 42.

is dune really Micky Fialka?

Having worked with JC on the Sunday Times Driving and later InGear sections I can only say that in that case, he is responsible for job losses at Porsche, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, Ford, Honda, Ferrari, Bentley and many moreas he slags them all off routinely.

However there is a flip side to that, 3 days after he destroyed the Bentley Continental GTC I spoke to someone very senior at their Head Office expecting the usual "why can't the Sunday Times say nice things about us, we advertise with you, all the other papers recognise that", but instead I was told their Barclay Sq store alone took 13 orders as a result of his review!

He is a fascinating guy that plays up to the characature he created that makes the BBC 10's of millions of £'s in syndication revenue globally. Easily the hardest working "celeb" I've worked with too.

Oh, and Top Gear is the Dali Lama's favourite TV show, he is obsessed with Clarkson, weird but true!

A good interesting post!

Big lol at the forums pet Lefties having a collect fit of the vapours.

dune - straightforward question for you: Why do you always resort to name-calling and abuse of those with different views to you? Why such utter contempt for anyone who doesn't share your view, and why so arrogant to think you are always right?

Or should the question simply be: Why do you waste so much time on this wind-up?

I'm all for Clarkson, he's usually right about half the things that he says. However, he's an absolute cock, like most of the people that drivel over his jokes, I imagine he's a closet racist, like a lot of his admirers on here. (see above)

I bet there are a few of the posters above, tissues in hand to **** off when he spurts his nonsense, as for that little freak that presents with him, maybe he would have been better of dead in that crash, instead of dying on his feet on air.*

*All meant in a Jezzy Clarkson crazy, zany sense of humour way.