A Daily Mail story that somebody seems to have missed

badgerx16

The competition for 'Worst British Prime Minister' is intense and I feel DC just hasn't done enough as yet. But in the best traditions of the Oscars - and the nominations are:

Gordon Brown - He was once in love with a girl called Prudence, but dumped her for some reason and now we're all in the sh1t as a result.

John Major - Utterly hopeless, he'd need the assistance of a map to find his own arse.

Anthony Eden - He invaded Egypt, uninvaded Egypt, he then went mad and ran away screaming.

Harold Wilson - A clever man who managed to achieve almost nothing except promote the Scilly Islands as a holiday destination.

Winston Churchill (2nd term) - Suffered a stroke in office, decided not to tell us, and then spent the rest of his term asleep.

Neville Chamberlain - Peace in our time with that Mr Hitler, I don't think so Nev.

Sir Alex Douglas-Home - And you though Tim-Nice-But-Dim was a fictional character.

Harold Wilson - lied through his teeth in his dealings with the most honourable of men - the great Ian Smith of Rhodesia and hated the fact Smith was so admired by the British public.

Edited by dune

Harold Wilson - lied through his teeth in his dealings with the most honourable of men - the great Ian Smith of Rhodesia and hated the fact Smith was so admired by the British public.

Think you are wrong there Dune.

In 1967 the coloured cricketer Basil DOliviera was refused entry to South Africa solely because of his colour.The fact he was part of the touring British team had nothing to do with anything.

This was the start of the realisation from the British people that South Africa was a racist and currupt country who should be fought on every front.Ian Smith was belittled here and from then on,was only thought of as a vile racist leader of a country that had no right to excist in the modern world.

Ha ha....what fool said John Major

He was the very best negociator in Europe out of all of them put together.

Just a shame he spoke as badly as milliband

You mean John "we should understand less" Major, the original man promoted beyond his ability ?

I'm sure he would have made a acceptable middle manager in a sweet factory, but as Prime Minister of a large trading nation .... I don't think so Edwina.

Brown is The Beatles of incompetent PM's, he is head and shoulders above any of the others. The pictures of him stalking Mrs Duffy outside her house have to be the most cringeworthy event in the history of the modern PM.

He's quickly followed by 2 wets, Johnny Major, who managed to split the party by listening to fools like Hestletine, Clarke and Patten rather than the grass roots. And Grocer Heath, who lied and tricked us into a European Superstate. I fear that Cameron is heading in the same direction as those two, and would therefore like to see David Davis ride to the rescue, kick the sandal wearers out, call an election and sort Labour's mess out. cameron hasn't the balls to do it.

Brown is The Beatles of incompetent PM's, he is head and shoulders above any of the others. The pictures of him stalking Mrs Duffy outside her house have to be the most cringeworthy event in the history of the modern PM.

He's quickly followed by 2 wets, Johnny Major, who managed to split the party by listening to fools like Hestletine, Clarke and Patten rather than the grass roots. And Grocer Heath, who lied and tricked us into a European Superstate. I fear that Cameron is heading in the same direction as those two, and would therefore like to see David Davis ride to the rescue, kick the sandal wearers out, call an election and sort Labour's mess out. cameron hasn't the balls to do it.

For me, Brown and Major were just never cut out to be Prime Ministers. As someone else said about Major, probably good at something else, but should never have been handed the keys of No. 10.

Have to say I think Blair will be better judged by history than most give him credit for (even though I had and still have huge issues over Iraq and Afghanistan) and if only Thatcher had showed more her compassionate side then I don't think she would be so vilified as she is today.

Heath and Callaghan for me were sort of nothings. One termers, stooges of others and presiding over s rather shiite period in history.

I fear Cameron will be seen as similar to these last two. Left on the watch during a tempestuous period in history, not particularly heavyweight or tough enough to be his own man, affable but not the man we need in these austere times.

Think you are wrong there Dune.

In 1967 the coloured cricketer Basil DOliviera was refused entry to South Africa solely because of his colour.The fact he was part of the touring British team had nothing to do with anything.

This was the start of the realisation from the British people that South Africa was a racist and currupt country who should be fought on every front.Ian Smith was belittled here and from then on,was only thought of as a vile racist leader of a country that had no right to excist in the modern world.

????

so the D'Olivera affair is linked to, Ian Smith declaring independence for Rhodesia which equals a vile racist leader of a country that had no right to excist in the modern world.

Nope, not following that logic at all.

Brown was far worse than Cameron currently is. Blair got some things spot on but was essentially a scheming crook.

I'd rate Cameron about the same as Major at the moment. Pretty mediocre.

Lovers of lists might find this link interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Prime_Ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom

Attlee and Churchill doing very well I see, and Brown, Eden and Major .... well lets just say not quite as well respected. How long would Lloyd George (and his unorthodox nightlife) have lasted with todays press I wonder ?

Cameron treads a careful line. His party let him take the party to the left and present it as all cuddly and what not, based on the idea it would get them into power. Well... he failed on that. Cameron isn't at all popular in his party in the grand scheme of things, especially his back bencher's.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
She is an embarrassment. It says a lot about her husband that he allows her to behave like this.

Unbelievable. You really are a misogynist dinosaur aren't you Stanley?

Mercer is a git in spite of being right about Cameron, but appears to be just the sort of right wing old school Tory that our UKIP-loving, Mail, Express and Sun-reading, friends on here would normally support.

He is also quite a successful author, whose books I enjoy, but feel slightly soiled, reading! Funny old world, ain't it?

For me, Brown and Major were just never cut out to be Prime Ministers. As someone else said about Major, probably good at something else, but should never have been handed the keys of No. 10.

Have to say I think Blair will be better judged by history than most give him credit for (even though I had and still have huge issues over Iraq and Afghanistan) and if only Thatcher had showed more her compassionate side then I don't think she would be so vilified as she is today.

Heath and Callaghan for me were sort of nothings. One termers, stooges of others and presiding over s rather shiite period in history.

I fear Cameron will be seen as similar to these last two. Left on the watch during a tempestuous period in history, not particularly heavyweight or tough enough to be his own man, affable but not the man we need in these austere times.

Don't disagree with much of that although I rather think that Cameron will be regarded as a P.M. who was obsessed by his own image without really having a beleif in anything other than how he comes across in the media!!