Stuart Atwell

James

Is this the same referee that gave the "goal" to Reading v Watford a few years back when the ball went about 4 yards wide of the goal?

and the same man who disallowed a Freddie Sears goal for Palace v Bristol City when the ball hit the back bar of the net and rebounded out?

I know it's easy to criticise referee's and it is a hard job they do, but this guy is a joke. There are making mistakes (which everyone does) then there are making complete howlers

Is this the same referee that gave the "goal" to Reading v Watford a few years back when the ball went about 4 yards wide of the goal?

and the same man who disallowed a Freddie Sears goal for Palace v Bristol City when the ball hit the back bar of the net and rebounded out?

I know it's easy to criticise referee's and it is a hard job they do, but this guy is a joke. There are making mistakes (which everyone does) then there are making complete howlers

Attwell wasn't the ref for the Bristol City v Crystal Palace game, it was Rob Shoebridge.

I thought he was perfectly within his rights to send Cahill off on Saturday. Difficult to tell whether Kaboul would have got across to cover the run of Parker had he not been fouled (Gary Neville's analysis on Monday night showed that Kaboul was flat-footed to say the least, and facing the wrong way, so probably wouldn't have got there in time), and usually the appeal panels tend to give referees the benefit of the doubt in situations like that.

I thought he was perfectly within his rights to send Cahill off on Saturday

Me too. From what I saw there was no way another defender would have denied Parker a goal scoring opportunity.

This constant negativity towards referees really annoys me. With the amount of abuse they get at games from players, fans, managers and subsequently in the media it's a surprise that anyone would actually want to put the time and the effort in to becoming one. If there was no refs we'd have no football. Clearly they make mistakes but they don't do it on purpose. Lay off them.