Exam board guidance seminar

Doctoroncall

The DT exposed one exam board where it runs a guidance seminar on exams for teachers.

It shows how important and the pressures to pass an the exam for the board, school, teacher and student. Is this typical? Is this more than the how to answer an exam question tips students get?

How much movement away from cultivating students intellect is there towards the accumulation of facts to pass an exam in schools these days?

As someone who develops software systems, here's a nugget of truth.

People will attempt to subvert any system you put in place. This is a direct result of the targets system.

Keeping with the analogy, this seems to be a back door way in by those who should uphold the quality assurance in the system.

Keeping with the analogy, this seems to be a back door way in by those who should uphold the quality assurance in the system.

Totally, but as I said, people work around the system, not within it.

I suppose the question is why, and I suspect the answers are myriad. Problem is, as soon as one school does this and gains an advantage, others will see the practice as fair game. Ultimately, it's self-defeating - the whole point of GCSEs is that our kids get a general education, and not specific knowledge on a couple of things they were told to revise.