What is a good buy?

dune

A couple of years ago I started collecting silver as it was a good buy what with the global financial turmoil, but i've found that everyone is at it now and i'm not prepared to pay the prices for stuff which I don't value at that price (despite the rise in the spot price).

So now i've moved into quality antique brass and copper. Nobody wants it at the minute (although from my dealer contacts i've heard that demand is now curving back up). With a lot of the antique brass and copper having been melted for scrap in recent times it'll make what's left more sought after if and WHEN the look comes back into vogue.

My main interest is in marked pieces (which can be researched and dated), door knockers, copper kettles, candle sticks (really like victorian diamond jubilee ones - they are superb and cheap as chips - 20 -30 quid for a good 12 inch pair in good condition), and saucepans (only marked and with lids though!).

What do you think is a good buy?

I collect stamps, the rarer the better, although they have to pass my high standards. The other day I was given some American stamp with a biplane printed upside down. What good is that to anyone? Threw it away.

Is there a name for you?