Madeira

dune

Thought i'd give it a whirl as it's christmas, and bought a bottle of Duke of Clarence Madeira.

I usually prefer port to sherry, but this stuff beats them both hands down. Only 10.99 a bottle at Tesco's. Try it.

I only shop at harrods Tesco is for the working class

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Not a chance. I'll stick to my Taylors (only ever Taylors) Port and stilton if it's all the same to you - can't beat it.

Bought a couple of bottles of Dows from Tesco today. Been in three times and the shelf it's sposed to be on has been empty as it's currently on offer for 6.49. Went in early today and scored. Result.

I only shop at Fortnums, Harrods is for the middle class.

I get my man to shop for me.

Anyway, think that the Duke of Clarence is a 5yo blend. I prefer for everyday drinking stuff a 10yo single varietal usually either a Verdelho or Bual. Don't mind a Sercial but find Malmsey a bit OTT, a bit more expensive but well worth it.

I get my man to shop for me.

Anyway, think that the Duke of Clarence is a 5yo blend. I prefer for everyday drinking stuff a 10yo single varietal usually either a Verdelho or Bual. Don't mind a Sercial but find Malmsey a bit OTT, a bit more expensive but well worth it.

My man must have seen your man as he said someone was following picking the same variety, fortunately my man picked up the last of the Barbeito Malvasia '54. An exquiste wine.

;-)

If your looking to find out more about madeira wine and consider other madeira houses then Neal Martin and Robert Parker are good wine writers to watch out for.