I Love Alpine

Lighthouse

... skiing. It's brilliant.

Anyone else got plans for skiing or boarding this winter? So far the snow has been a bit slow in coming and they had to move the down hill world championships to Beaver Creek in USA because there wasn't enough snow in Val D'Isere. There's been a good dump this last week though and more forecast, with up to 2ft falling on the Alps on Friday.

Val D'Isere and Tignes are generally pretty good. A good variety of runs and high up, so the snow is pretty decent. Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz has a massive ski area and is only an hour from Geneva Airport. There is also Austria with its superior night life.

What are your plans and recommendations?

Off to Whistler in Feb - They have had over 3m in November.

Stayed in Vallandry for the last few years - easy access to la Plagne and les Arcs. You can ski a run with a 2000m descent from the top of the Aigule Rouge at 3200m down to villaroger at 1200m. One of the longest red runs in europe I believe at about 11.5 km.

... skiing. It's brilliant.

Anyone else got plans for skiing or boarding this winter? So far the snow has been a bit slow in coming and they had to move the down hill world championships to Beaver Creek in USA because there wasn't enough snow in Val D'Isere. There's been a good dump this last week though and more forecast, with up to 2ft falling on the Alps on Friday.

Val D'Isere and Tignes are generally pretty good. A good variety of runs and high up, so the snow is pretty decent. Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz has a massive ski area and is only an hour from Geneva Airport. There is also Austria with its superior night life.

What are your plans and recommendations?

Over the last 4 years we have been to Val Thoren (3) and Tignes. I'd say VT is even better than, and less expensive than Val D'Isere, and boasts the Highest Pub in Europe!!

We have been stuck with going at Easter each time which has been pretty late on in the season but still had excellent snow each time, although last season we were limited as to how much of The 3 Vallees were out of reach due to snow lower down such as Meribel and Courcheval (which is worth a visit just to see the Altiport the Rwy is totally bizarre)

Sadly no skiing for us this season as Mrs EoA broke her leg in 3 places falling off a ladder and is still on crutches. Will have to make do with a visit or two to The Ski Dubai Snowdome and then go to the beach afterwards LOL

Snow down to 600m last night where I live although the levels gone back up again this morning. The web cams covered in snow here are a _good_ sign!;-) , so for a cheaper experience come to the Italian side of Mt Blanc. Some great skiing and good food. More snow to come next week, bit of a pain really as I'm driving back to the UK for Christmas..

http://www.regione.vda.it/turismo/prima_di_partire/in_tempo_reale/webcam_i.asp