Spud Inbreads

Viking Warrior

Fancy Spud fans thinking Sir Chris Hoy was refing their game against stoke

I thoought it was only the skates who got confused thinking a paedtrician was a paedophile

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16128922

Angry Tottenham fans have been taking to Twitter to vent their frustrations after their 2-1 loss at Stoke but are mistakenly targeting an Olympic champion.

Spurs were unhappy with the performance of referee Chris Foy who controversially sent off Younes Kaboul and disallowed an Emmanuel Adebayor goal.

But it is four-time Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy who has been blamed in an embarrassing case of mistaken identity.

The cyclist received several messages criticising what fans thought was his refereeing.

One tweeted: "Robbed ! Chris hoy calls himself a premier league referee !"

Another tweeted: "Chris Hoy, not only are you a useless **** of a referee, you also support Stoke."

Sir Chris, who won three gold medals at the Beijing games, replied: "Just for the record: 1 - I don't need glasses, and 2 - I do not lead a double life as an English Premier League ref."

Despite his protests the anger continued, and he later tweeted: "Still getting some rather amusing grief from Spurs fans!

"On the plus side I've learned some new 4 letter words today. #FoyNotHoy."

Edited by Viking Warrior