If you were organising a stag do

Turkish

where would you go?

Current places on the list include the obvious of Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Hamburg. Done Hamburg before and was class. Dont want somewhere like Amsterdam or Prague, too overdone.

Oh and it's June so Poland and Ukraine are out as well.

Edited by Turkish

So much depends on how old your lot are and what you're looking for. Think I must have gotten old as whenever I've seen some recently (at home and abroad) most of them made me cringe. The organised ones were the worst and couldn't imagine having to be led around by someone.

Of the places you mentioned I would.say Barcelona and Berlin are best. Barcelona has a decent beach to lounge around in during the day and some good nightlife (can be a bit moody though in places). Berlin has more of a party scene and of course shedloads of culture (that said Barcelona has got loads as well).

I think the problem is that so many places are just full of the Inbetweener gang!!! and are old hat.

Too far for you Brits and too expensive in airfares, but I organised 2 Stag weekends in.....

Bangkok.

Was nothing like Hangover 2.

It was worse.

However future son-in-law is being taken to Munich google chillisauce the event company they have put together a pretty good itinerary for the gang

I guess it will ultimately depend on how affluent your group of mates are. Everyone will agree on what a great laugh it will be, until it comes to paying for it and then slowly but surely the numbers will start coming down. And then of course you have the guy that pays, but never actually asked his missus, but the 500 quid he loses, is worth it, for 6 months of dreaming is going on lads holiday, just like the old days.

Probably worth checking easyjet and flybe etc. For where their cheapest flights will take you.... I think currently 30 quid, will get you to Estonia or Croatia,

Are you on a wind up???

Would have thought someone who had travelled so much would be able to come up with some well decent places to go to. Where's the best place you've had a stretch ashore???

He's a submariner so wouldn't have been to many places.

To answer the OP:

Berlin, Vilnius, Riga, Talin.

I would say Minsk but it would be a pain in the arse with visas.

He's a submariner so wouldn't have been to many

I'm sure he mst have put his periscope up somewhere at some point!!!

Had an interesting time in Baltics in the summer. Vilnius was a wonderful place and younger generation were lovely, but food was terrible, customer service was non existent and older generation really rude and miserable. Then went on to siauliai and it was truly horrific (racist, xenophobic, drab). Beautiful countryside but wow the Russians left their mark. Ended up in Palanga which had a wonderful coastline etc but was full of ****ed up Lithanians and Russians going hammer and tong with each other!!!

So much depends on how old your lot are and what you're looking for. Think I must have gotten old as whenever I've seen some recently (at home and abroad) most of them made me cringe. The organised ones were the worst and couldn't imagine having to be led around by someone.

Of the places you mentioned I would.say Barcelona and Berlin are best. Barcelona has a decent beach to lounge around in during the day and some good nightlife (can be a bit moody though in places). Berlin has more of a party scene and of course shedloads of culture (that said Barcelona has got loads as well).

I think the problem is that so many places are just full of the Inbetweener gang!!! and are old hat.

I've done Barcelona before and loved it. First night we were up the Ramblers and second night in the more upmarket places down by the beach, went in a place that was owned by Patrick Klivert apprantly.

I'm fancying Berlin.

He's a submariner so wouldn't have been to many places.

To answer the OP:

Berlin, Vilnius, Riga, Talin.

I have heard great things about Riga and Talin. Bratislava was another one mentioned if anyone has been there?

I've done Barcelona before and loved it. First night we were up the Ramblers and second night in the more upmarket places down by the beach, went in a place that was owned by Patrick Klivert apprantly.

I'm fancying Berlin.

my mate went on a stag do in berlin...he absolutely loved it....got a drunk tattoo that says Berlin - The Sin City...or some shyte

I'm fancying Berlin.

Berlin is a good shout. Kiev also. Wont be cold in June.

I'm sure he mst have put his periscope up somewhere at some point!!!

Had an interesting time in Baltics in the summer. Vilnius was a wonderful place and younger generation were lovely, but food was terrible, customer service was non existent and older generation really rude and miserable. Then went on to siauliai and it was truly horrific (racist, xenophobic, drab). Beautiful countryside but wow the Russians left their mark. Ended up in Palanga which had a wonderful coastline etc but was full of ****ed up Lithanians and Russians going hammer and tong with each other!!!

Im also a submariner (or rather Ex) and been round the world twice and seen lots of places (the bonus being based in Singapore for 25 months!)

Manilla (Phillipines) is a good run as has already been mentioned - Bangkok. The flight is a bit long mind you which subtracts from the drinking time!!

I'm fancying Berlin.

I went on a stag do to Berlin in October and it was fantastic. Took in a Hertha game, the clubs are superb, top weekend all round.

I did Barcelona for my stag do last year, it was good but not amazing, very expensive generally (isn't all of europe nowadays?) and imo a bit of a khazi. Also be honest about why you're going - if you plan to see some flesh, don't go to Barcelona.

Went to Bratislava 2 years ago for a mate's do, it was good but full of other stag dos, in particular a very obnoxious group of milwall supporters in the same hotel.

The best advice i can give is have an honest appraisal of why you're going and what you want to do. Don't just go abroad as a default. And make sure there is plenty planned to do, so you don't default to just drinking for 12 hours, you can do that anywhere.

Ive been on 7 (maybe 8?) stags in the last 3 years, and the best ones were probably in Newquay and, ironically enough, Southampton. Similarly my brother in law rates his best as narrowboats in Norfolk. Venue falls a distant third to activities and the group of people going.