Camoron in Afghanistan.

OVER THE HILL

But even the Tory supporting media have been banging on about the numbers of service people being "let go"

Before I get accused of anything I have to say that I think reducing the Air Force was criminal and nearly treason.

Yes I honestly believe that.

I bet you that those he visited will have a job for a long time yet......

I've been on civvie street my entire life, so can't really talk about the forces with any authority. I don't like Cameron or his pals.

That said, fair play to him for going out there. Can't be easy for the boots on the ground to have to live in fear of their lives. His visit, whatever your political view, puts him in (slightly more) harm's way and would have been a boost to those who saw him.

But even the Tory supporting media have been banging on about the numbers of service people being "let go"

Before I get accused of anything I have to say that I think reducing the Air Force was criminal and nearly treason.

Yes I honestly believe that.

What were the scale of the cuts, Saint in Paradise?

Is this related to the recent tie-up with our Gallic cousins, or has this been ongoing for some time?

Do we even have any of our "own" aircraft anymore?

Stop reading the Daily Mail and posting links to it FFS. I'm desperately trying to wean myself off it and your infatuation with it is not helping me one iota.

Thank you kindly sir.

just to put the record straight poiliticians from all persuassions regularly pop over to Afghan to see the troops,

The labour dawgs did it more than the tories

I just hope thye didnt claim for expenses

If it is official business... why shouldn't they claim it on expenses. An MPs salary, while substantially more than average, is still only £65k... not enough to fund Afghanistan trips! If your work asked you to go to Afghanistan and then said you have to pay for it all, I'm sure you'd be ****ed off!

If you meant in their own private time, then I apologise for that rant.