Surez- 8 match ban

EBS1980

scousers victim mentality will mean they will demand justice to be done and get this ban reduced

http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=266305

this is a rant i read earlier, before the judgement! god knows how much foaming at the mouth there will be now.

like the mention about Saints unfair treatment :lol:

Edited by latter day saint
didnt put link in !

JT clearly said that however, what if he says it all the time in a 'banter' like fashion, goes back to the other thread about what is worse eg fat, black etc, if that's the way they chat to each other then just because the ref/cameras picked it up doesn't mean he should be punished - all imho of course.

scousers victim mentality will mean they will demand justice to be done and get this ban reduced

Like the victim who is the top scorer in the NPC, TDD :)

Still, we're a superior bunch aren't we? Bang up job on that thread title.

Thing is IMHO, the punishment is for what has been said in public, on TV etc and feck all to do with whether you believe Terry/Saurez to be racist or not.

Personally, I dont believe either of the two are racists, (and i cant stand Terry), just a bit too thick to realise that its no longer acceptable to say such things even in banter - its seen by millions of kids who interpret this as acceptable and thats is why the bans need to harsh whatever the meaning behind it. Its a bit stange though when a player gets a 10 match ban for pushing over a lino in the heat of a game, and only 8 for publically making a racist slur... and the scousers are complaining FFS... on that scale Suarez should have been banned for 20+ games surely?

So. verbal abuse, 8 match ban, physical abuse, 3 match ban, we have so got our priorities wrong in this country imo.

Have to agree with you. Also, deliberate reckless two-footed challenge that breaks an opponent's leg/ankle = 3 match ban for red card, if that.

"sticks and stones may break my bones. but names will never hurt me." What happened to that childhood rhyme? In the words of current philosophers Little Mix "stones taught me to fly". :)

Racial abuse IS wrong, but is it even worse than physical abuse, actual or verbal?? The tarriff needs querying.

I assume we've all seen Liverpool's official statement? :uhoh:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-20-12-11

Essentially, they're taking the "he can't be a racist, he has black friends" defence :lol: :facepalm:

Unsurprisingly, this decision has Liverpool fans foaming at the mouth, suggesting they should withdraw from the FA Cup in protest and other such hilarious displays of self-pity. I did like the suggestion that their English players should refuse to play for their country again. Considering those players are Glen Johnson, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll and a crocked Steven Gerrard, go right ahead, I say :lol:

At least John Terry knows what to expect now.

I've hated Suarez since he robbed Ghana in the 2010 WC QF.

Personally, I'd be ****ed off if an England player DIDN'T stop the ball crossing the line in the last minute of extra time by any means possible. At the end of the day, Gyan still had a free shot at goal from the resulting penalty, if you can't score in those circumstances to win the game, tough ****.

Nobody has mentioned the big difference between what Suarez said and John Terry.

Suarez said a Spanish term which apparently is not offensive and is commonplace in South America and is actually used by commentators there etc (and I mean credible commentators rather than their equivalent of Big Ron). This does not appear to have been taken into account in calculating the length of his ban, surely. John Terry's comment was, IMO, a lot worse and wholly inexcusable.

Despite this I fully expect Terry to receive a more lenient ban, that is if he doesn't escape punishment altogether.

Worth also bearing in mind that there's not necessarily any link between any criminal proceedings and an FA hearing. For example, the CPS may find that they simply don't have enough evidence to secure a criminal conviction, but the FA's burden of proof may be somewhat different.

Also, re Suarez and whether what he said is deemed "normal" in Uruguay... he's not in Uruguay, and has been in nations that take the issue of racism very seriously for 4 years. If he wasn't aware of the cultural differences after that period of time then that's another issue entirely.