Lots of games released from now to xmas

St Marco

Well this week marks the start of a lot of games being released in the run up to xmas.

We did have a thread made by Bentley i think on all of the top ones but it seems to have vanished!

So here they are:

DEAD SPACE

Oct 24th

deadspace1ps4.jpg

Far Cry 2

Oct 24th

farcry2rn2.jpg

Fable 2

Oct 24th

fable2nv9.jpg

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Oct 24th

spidermanvd8.jpg

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Oct 24th

midnightvz9.jpg

Legendary

Oct 24th

legendsd5.jpg

Fallout 3

Oct 31st

fallout3xh9.jpg

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Oct 31st

conqourfe4.jpg

James Bond: Quantum of Solace

Oct 31st

bondem7.jpg

Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant

Oct 31st

crashrp0.jpg

Edited by St Marco

PART 2 (as forum only lets you have 10 photos per post)

Fifa Manager 09

Oct 31st

fifamanagergc7.jpg

Gears of War 2

Nov 7th

gears2or1.jpg

Guitar Hero World Tour

Nov 7th

ghwtnh0.jpg

EndWar

7th Nov

endwarcy9.jpg

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

7th Nov

rawrk4.jpg

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason

7th Nov

cryoib0.jpg

Men Of War

7th Nov

menev3.jpg

Call of Duty: World at War

14th Nov

codrs9.jpg

WoW: Wrath of Lich King

13th Nov

wotlkcz6.jpg

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

14th Nov

banjojr4.jpg

Edited by St Marco

PART 3

Mirrors Edge

14th Nov

mirrorso2.jpg

Football Manager 2009

14th Nov

fmxa4.jpg

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

14th Nov

motoaw9.jpg

Sonic Unleashed

14th Nov

sonicle7.jpg

Star Wars The Clone Wars: LightSabre Duels

14th Nov

starwarseb2.jpg

Wii Music

14th Nov

wiimusicuj7.jpg

Rock Band 2

14th Nov

rockband2tm2.jpg

RacePro

14th Nov

racerh4.jpg

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

21st Nov

mortalys7.jpg

Left4Dead

21st Nov

left4deadmz2.jpg

Edited by St Marco

The Last Remnant

21st Nov

lastwg4.jpg

Need For Speed Undercover

21st Nov

neediy1.jpg

Tomb Raider Underworld

21st Nov

tombha3.jpg

Resistance 2

28th Nov

resismr8.jpg

Games without a release date but expected before xmas

SOCOM: Confrontation

Release Nov

socomdf4.jpg

Prince of Persia

Release Dec

princeut3.jpg

Rise Of The Argonauts

Release Dec

risema5.jpg

Damnation

Release Dec

damnyz0.jpg

Lips

Release Dec

lipsek3.jpg

F.E.A.R. 2

Release Dec

feareb7.jpg

Edited by St Marco

Hmm. Then I will get these games in this order

1. Fable 2 (****ing hell, talk about waiting for decent games then get the choice of 3 at once)

2. LittleBigPlanet (Comes out same day as Fallout 3 because of a week delay removing quran texts!)

2. Fallout 3

3. Gears of War 2

4. Mirror's Edge

5. Left 4 Dead

6. Resistance 2

Guarenteed I will probably get only half of these new from the shops. The dark side of my mate is calling me over to grab Fallout 3 or Far Cry 2 for the pc off him, pirate wise. I will resist with all my might hopefully!

Resistance 2, Red Alert 3 (assuming it's on PC) of Fallout 3 are the ones that appeal to me the most.

That said, I did get to play on Guitar Hero World Tour a few weeks ago and the drums and mic really do add something new to it - and they feel much better quality than the Rock Band gear too.

Fable 2 was reviewed by Eurogamer and got a 10/10 they say it is one of if not thee best game ever made. Now Eurogamer are a bit odd with reviews but most of the time i agree with them. Im sure the game will do very well so lets hope game ship mine out early like fifa 09 :)

Fable 2 was reviewed by Eurogamer and got a 10/10 they say it is one of if not thee best game ever made. Now Eurogamer are a bit odd with reviews but most of the time i agree with them. Im sure the game will do very well so lets hope game ship mine out early like fifa 09 :)

9 out of 10 in Edge apprently. That takes some doing.

The list? Well, its these games or christmas shopping. Somethings gotta give.

I've liked the look of LBP since day one and it's the only reason I'd get at a PS3 at the moment. Just not at £300.

its amazing. its just as fun as its hyped up to be. and when they say you can build anything you want in the create mode you are really only limited by you imagination

this game is like nothing you will have played before. its a completely fresh idea. it had alot to live up to and to be honest i didn't think it would be able to punch above the expectation.but it does

oh and when you get it try playing it without a huge grin on your face............you cant:D

Well Game delivered my Fable II copy today so that is now Fifa and Fable delivered 1 day early by them! Lets hope the trend continues and i get Gears 2 early :p

Early impressions of Fable II are very very good. I love RPG games so maybe im a bit biased though.

and when they say you can build anything you want in the create mode you are really only limited by you imagination

this game is like nothing you will have played before. its a completely fresh idea.

I have not played the game yet and in all honesty i have not read much about it either. It is something that intrigues me as i like level design. Used to do loads of it In Operation Flashpoint and with Garry's Mod. So as you say this is bound by your imagination would it be possible to re-create Omaha Beach and play through that setting? As i saw earlier some of the things people have done with the Far Cry 2 editor and they created that and recreated the city of Paris which was awesome? Or is LittleBigPlanet more about creating left,right and jump style things (i.e platforms)?

its amazing. its just as fun as its hyped up to be. and when they say you can build anything you want in the create mode you are really only limited by you imagination

this game is like nothing you will have played before. its a completely fresh idea. it had alot to live up to and to be honest i didn't think it would be able to punch above the expectation.but it does

oh and when you get it try playing it without a huge grin on your face............you cant:D

Its sounds brilliant and wholly what games are all about. FUN! I really want to play it but like I said, I can't drop £300 on a PS3 for one game. Especially at this time of year!

C'mon Sony! Bring it below the the £250 mark and we'll talk!

Thought i would do an update on how well these games are doing review wise overall

The Metascores are (a metascore is an average of all scores given)

Fable II = 90%

Fallout 3 = 93%

Portal Still Alive (forgot that one) = 90%

Dead Space = 89% (fecking scary game)

Wii Music = 63%

Motorstorm Pacific Rift = 81%

Legendary = 56%

Midnight Club Los Angeles = 83%

Far Cry 2 = 88%

Guitar Hero World Tour = 87%

Rock Band 2 = 92%

Fifa 09 = 88%

Pro Evo 09 = 73%

So lots of good games and scores thus far

for some reason Fallout 3 has been getting slightly worse reviews on the PS3. I have not read why and would not say it is a reason not to get the game. Gamespot gave the PS3 version 8.5/10 and the 360 version 9/10. Maybe someone who has bothered to read them can fill us in. Still looks an amazing game for all formats and has over 30hrs of gameplay. Will hopefully pick this one up when it comes out this week.

for some reason Fallout 3 has been getting slightly worse reviews on the PS3. I have not read why and would not say it is a reason not to get the game. Gamespot gave the PS3 version 8.5/10 and the 360 version 9/10. Maybe someone who has bothered to read them can fill us in. Still looks an amazing game for all formats and has over 30hrs of gameplay. Will hopefully pick this one up when it comes out this week.

Something about the graphics not being quite as sharp, I think I read.

Picked up Far Cry2 last night.

Cross between COD4 Africa style and MGS4, sneaking into villages and killing baddies.

Looks absolutely beautiful. The maps are huge. Been playing 4 hours and have achieved 1%. I leave the subtitles on because they talk so quickly!

Picked up Far Cry2 last night.

Cross between COD4 Africa style and MGS4, sneaking into villages and killing baddies.

Looks absolutely beautiful. The maps are huge. Been playing 4 hours and have achieved 1%. I leave the subtitles on because they talk so quickly!

Did not realise LittleBigPlanet was not yet out. 96% is awesome score!

I still have no idea what it is about, are they like aliens or something?

Also at 2pm tommorrow the review embargo will lift for Gears 2,Resistance 2 and the new Call of Duty 5 game. Should be an interesting day.

Well thus far review wise Gears 2 has a 96% metascore (22 reviews) and Resistance 2 has 90% (10 reviews). Both doing very well indeed. Surprised Gears 2 topped LBP score of 95% though. Fallout 3,Dead Space,Fable II,LittleBigPlanet,Resistance2,Gears2 all done superb. Now hopefully RacePro and Left4Dead deliver and im then officially broke!