Best Indian Takeaway In Southampton?

tartan_saint

Best Indian restaurant I have been to in this country, I think.

Choudhury's Curry Lounge in Shirley also does a good takeaway.

I would agree with that, we go there at least once a week and have done since it first opened. Been to a other places for a change or been in other town and they've never got anywhere close.

Cracking review in the echo recently, she's got it spot on.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/leisure/food/restaurant_reviews/9301923.Coriander_Lounge__Southampton/

I'm getting the impression that it would be easier to list the Indian restaurants in Southampton that are right Sh*t holes.

The one at riverside in Bishopstoke is utter crap

Taroka on fair oak road gets a lot of praise, we go there and it is pretty hard to beat. Deffo ganna check out the coriander lounge before I head back up north.

• 4 months later...
I would agree with that, we go there at least once a week and have done since it first opened. Been to a other places for a change or been in other town and they've never got anywhere close.

Cracking review in the echo recently, she's got it spot on.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/leisure/food/restaurant_reviews/9301923.Coriander_Lounge__Southampton/

In true Saintsforever/ Saintsweb style I can't be arsed to look at the link, but I hope it's not their usual vegan reviewer that doe's it! What sort of serious paper has a Vegan as a food/ restaurant critic. Always supplements her reviews by saying "my partner had a steak and said it was the best steak he's ever had - cooked to perfection". A, only numptys order a steak when eating out, B, he's had about 15 of the best steaks he's ever eaten, and C, she's a vegan....

For what it's worth Coriander Lounge the best Indian I've ever eaten in too. Brick Lane over rated (but still amazing value), been to one in Southall that was very good and my local (Purbani, Botley) is excellent, but none touch CL. Special mention to Jewells in Chartwell Green - seriously good!

I believe the owner used to work at Kutis but binned it off after rowing with the boss there?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

For what it's worth Coriander Lounge the best Indian I've ever eaten in too. Brick Lane over rated (but still amazing value), been to one in Southall that was very good and my local (Purbani, Botley) is excellent, but none touch CL. Special mention to Jewells in Chartwell Green - seriously good!

I believe the owner used to work at Kutis but binned it off after rowing with the boss there?

The two guys who opened Coriander Lounge were Kuti's manager and head chef.