Southampton's Premier Church

Wurzel

exactly. reminds me of all the ranting and raving Richard Dawkins does about religion; what's the point, if its not for him just don't participate.

Agree with this. I have religious people in my family, and they do not bang on about it in front of me, so that is fine. If people do bang on about it and try and preach to me then it gets my back up!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Agree with this. I have religious people in my family, and they do not bang on about it in front of me, so that is fine. If people do bang on about it and try and preach to me then it gets my back up!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Yup!

I am a follower of Christ, and it really gets my back up when someone tries to preach at/to me too. Chances are it is some BS about sex etc. Interesting thing is that Jesus spoke much more about money than sex. And yet bankers still have sex?!?! ;)

Jesus never shoved his 'religion' down anyone's throat.

He was born, He lived, He died. (there are historical records to support these three events)

... and here comes the Faith bit...

Christians believe that He rose on the third day after His death, the day we call Easter. And through His death and resurrection we humans, if we ask for forgiveness, will so too be saved and raised.

That, in a very porous nut shell, is the Christian Faith.

My Faith isn't about lecturing, or Dogma, or Human Politics. I am a Christian because I believe - have Faith, if you will - that my tiny involvement on this Earth is not the be-all and end-all...

... Is it possible to believe a man could be sent from another Realm to walk amongst us?

... Is it possible that this man could be with out sin? With out malice? With out hatred?

... Is it possible that this man could be willing to lay down his presence upon this Earth for us?

Is this all science fiction?

Who knows for sure? Not the Pope, nor the Arch Bishop. But there is not a human being alive or gone that has not pondered... Who Put Me Here? And Why?

I'm a Follower of Christ! You lot make your own minds up!

(http://www.alpha.org/)

Happy Christmas..!

Edited by 1976_Child

Yup!

I am a follower of Christ, and it really gets my back up when someone tries to preach at/to me too. Chances are it is some BS about sex etc. Interesting thing is that Jesus spoke much more about money than sex. And yet bankers still have sex?!?! ;)

He was born, He lived, He died. (there are historical records to support these three events)

Christians believe that He rose on the third day after His death, the day we call Easter. And through His death and resurrection we humans, if we ask for forgiveness, will so too be saved and raised.

My Faith isn't about lecturing, or Dogma, or Human Politics. I am a Christian because I believe - have Faith, if you will - that my tiny involvement on this Earth is not the be-all and end-all...

... Is it possible to believe a man could be sent from another Realm to walk amongst us?

... Is it possible that this man could be with out sin? With out malice? With out hatred?

... Is it possible that this man could be willing to lay down his presence upon this Earth for us?

Who knows for sure? Not the Pope, nor the Arch Bishop. But there is not a human being alive or gone that has not pondered... Who Put Me Here? And Why?

Happy Christmas..!

The Alpha fracking Course. Complete loonies speaking in tongues and all. Who the hell signs up to that ? Watched a documentry about it. Loads vacuous middle class ******s looking for a meaning in life (ps there is no meaning just make the best of it).

The Alpha fracking Course. Complete loonies speaking in tongues and all. Who the hell signs up to that ? Watched a documentry about it. Loads vacuous middle class ******s looking for a meaning in life (ps there is no meaning just make the best of it).

Yes, I know many weak-minded individuals that have done the primal screaming at Alpha courses.

This is because it's not them that are responsible for the problems in their lives. It's demons. Go to an alpha course, confess all in front of complete strangers and scream your demon out. All perfectly logical. It's what Jesus would have wanted.

Yes, I know many weak-minded individuals that have done the primal screaming at Alpha courses.

This is because it's not them that are responsible for the problems in their lives. It's demons. Go to an alpha course, confess all in front of complete strangers and scream your demon out. All perfectly logical. It's what Jesus would have wanted.

I've been on an Alpha course. It was nothing like that.

Did one when I was 15 or so? They spoke about the christian faith, what they believed and at the very end of the course I was given the OPTION of confessing my sins to the reverend. It all depends on who's running the alpha course, mine was being run by some lovely people and I met some great people there as well. My brother is a died in the wool atheist who did it at the same time as me and while he chose not to believe it was very much his choice. If it's being run by a fundamentalist nutjob of course it'll be a torrid experience but it really isn't the norm.

Yup!

Happy Christmas..!

And then does a massive preachy post, nice.

I am a follower of Christ, and it really gets my back up when someone tries to preach at/to me too...

(preaching removed)

(further preaching removed)

It is no more or less possible than the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Happy Yuletide

Ah, very good. I'll just bin my opinion, based on several detailed accounts, in favour of this little nugget - the soul of brevity.

Did one when I was 15 or so? They spoke about the christian faith, what they believed and at the very end of the course I was given the OPTION of confessing my sins to the reverend. It all depends on who's running the alpha course, mine was being run by some lovely people and I met some great people there as well. My brother is a died in the wool atheist who did it at the same time as me and while he chose not to believe it was very much his choice. If it's being run by a fundamentalist nutjob of course it'll be a torrid experience but it really isn't the norm.

The real issue here is who the reverend is. Problem is, the encounter seems to be particularly popular with charismatic churches (the ones that like to speak in tongues, etc). That being the case, isn't it more likely that you are going to have a fundamentalist nutjob at the helm?

Whatever. Alpha courses aren't about an introduction to God. They're about an introduction to churches, specifically, the ones who like to run them.

I'm not saying they're all bad. How can I? Haven't been to all of them, for a start. However, they are all about evangelism, which is something I think we need to avoid.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for looking at my silly site, as for "reminds me of all the ranting and raving Richard Dawkins does about religion" I'm not sure where that is, I must have missed it. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about him. He was possibly in the throes of a mental breakdown. For better or for worse, he has now been silenced.

Funny site btw, well done.

Yup!

Happy Christmas..!

Yes there is - me!

Why did anyone have to "put" us here?

Could we just not have evolved?

Anyway Mr. Vicar, great site - should be more widely known.

My site is a bit strange to say the least, and the fact I get good rankings in Google is great fun. I saw Saints Web fans giving me about 100 new hits, I saw the comments and was pleased about the good comments. I tried signing up weeks ago but couldn't join, after about four names I'm in. My site comments were pages away so I gave it a bump and a hello to saints fans. I hope the OP got some interesting info about Woolston, all my photos are real, and no elderly people were injured in their making.