The Next sale

Turkish

is it me that doesn't get what it is about the Next sale that creates the mong display of the year at everytime this year. People getting up at 4am and queuing for the 6am opening of a shop which is at best average. Dont get me wrong, i get gear from there, suits and shirts and so on, but seriously, is it really worth queing up on a winters morning at 5am to get your hands on stuff reduced from £20 to £10 which is three season out of date FFS.

I used to like Next stuff a decade ago, but they've gone too far down the the studenty (scruffy) look for my liking. I just don't get why anyone would by new clothes that have been made to look worn.

Their city collection shirts are good and I wear them for work. £30 so a decent price and a good fit. Their Italia range of suits are also good and I've got a couple of those but everything else in there is sh*t. It used to be good like you say but j really don't understand the frenzy the annual Next sale creates. Why Next? Why not River Island, H&M? There isn't that much difference these days.

Next is sh*t, I hate that shop, almost as much as I hate anyone older then 17 shopping in and wearing Hollister stuff - sad.

As for the sales, I honestly don't see the poinnt, this madness of "must rush out on boxing day to spend yet more money and get irate with how busy everything is" is again, sad.

Patrick bateman, the voice of reason. Well said that man.

That said, have primark got a sale on this year? Its either there or matalan.......

Their city collection shirts are good and I wear them for work. £30 so a decent price and a good fit. Their Italia range of suits are also good and I've got a couple of those but everything else in there is sh*t.

Agree with that, but when it comes to ties i'm a bit of a snob and only buy italian silk. Profuomo are stocked in small indy near me and they are superb.

Here are two comments from Facebook "friends" who were idiotic enough to do the Next sale. One if them is a bloke so is clearly a mong and may well be deleted by the end of the day...

"Got to the next sale at 5.45 this morning. Madness I think you will agree. Wrong. Madness is what I saw. Literally 100s of people queuing right up towards Santander bank. F*ck that. Turned around and come home"

"Is it bad but despite having four kids and being a bit loud myself somehow I feel less like a gypo when I see how disgraceful people behave at the NEXT sale! It's only clothes!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol: What mugs.

500 people queuing outside Next in Weston Super Mare at 05:30.

Mrs WSS worked the day - usual carnage - but the store took £165,000 in sales in one day.

Like 'em or hate 'em, you've got to agree that Next know how to make money from the needy and desperate!

I stayed at home with the little one and played Mario Kart Wii while Mrs WSS worked :D

This thread is gay. Clothes sit at the bottom of my list of priorities, mine get replaced when I need something (i.e something ceases to fit or gets ruined in the wash) or when I need something for work / special event. If I was flush with cash I don't think it'd chance my mindset, I just don't give a ****. When I go to clothes shops I find myself wondering around in a daydream like haze thinking everything on the rails looks like something a bender would wear.

This thread is gay. Clothes sit at the bottom of my list of priorities, mine get replaced when I need something (i.e something ceases to fit or gets ruined in the wash) or when I need something for work / special event. If I was flush with cash I don't think it'd chance my mindset, I just don't give a ****. When I go to clothes shops I find myself wondering around in a daydream like haze thinking everything on the rails looks like something a bender would wear.

I bet your a right clunge magnet in your ill fitting ASDA t shirt and jeans sren't you.

Sure am. Don't get mistaken for some danny dyer wannabe or queer boy either.

Quite.

Have been wearing the same clothes for about 6 years. Hasn't stopped me regularly banging 8's and 9's, with the occasional 6/7 thrown in for good measure.

I bet your a right clunge magnet in your ill fitting ASDA t shirt and jeans sren't you.

Try improving your game, rather than your wardrobe. That's what will get you female attention, if you so crave it.

Edited by niceandfriendly

Well that was easy. Parked, walked over bridge into John Lewis, picked out two jackets (both the same but on herringbone grey, one black) and left. Both reduced from 140 to 70 so well pleased with the 2 for 1 deal. Good quality that you'd pay twice the price (and the rest) for if it was a "labeled" brand.

http://recs.richrelevance.com/rrserver/click?a=b65a36402ffa2c22&vg=a8c0e435-1337-4087-c078-964d201ddef7&pti=1&pa=Left_side&hpi=1760&stn=ClickCP&rti=2&u=1325003710681wCqF1y%21MT2rRhrAEPRDyhxvNdS7C76ondiA1qXntuyBx9OP5S9SUntZc&uguid=a0650985-03d4-4519-038f-f74d201dd077&s=1325003710681wCqF1y%21MT2rRhrAEPRDyhxvNdS7C76ondiA1qXntuyBx9OP5S9SUntZc&pg=1422&p=241657&ct=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnlewis.com%2F241657%2FProduct.aspx

Nipped into Next (oposite JL) just to see and it was full of common people rifling through cheap clothes like it was a jumble sale. It really has gone down hill as a shop now.

Well that was easy. Parked, walked over bridge into John Lewis, picked out two jackets (both the same but on herringbone grey, one black) and left. Both reduced from 140 to 70 so well pleased with the 2 for 1 deal. Good quality that you'd pay twice the price (and the rest) for if it was a "labeled" brand.

http://recs.richrelevance.com/rrserver/click?a=b65a36402ffa2c22&vg=a8c0e435-1337-4087-c078-964d201ddef7&pti=1&pa=Left_side&hpi=1760&stn=ClickCP&rti=2&u=1325003710681wCqF1y%21MT2rRhrAEPRDyhxvNdS7C76ondiA1qXntuyBx9OP5S9SUntZc&uguid=a0650985-03d4-4519-038f-f74d201dd077&s=1325003710681wCqF1y%21MT2rRhrAEPRDyhxvNdS7C76ondiA1qXntuyBx9OP5S9SUntZc&pg=1422&p=241657&ct=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnlewis.com%2F241657%2FProduct.aspx

Nipped into Next (oposite JL) just to see and it was full of common people rifling through cheap clothes like it was a jumble sale. It really has gone down hill as a shop now.

here you go bud, dont say i dont do anything for you. xxx

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=2675&id=103582

Madness. I thought it was illegal, or used to be, to bring in stuff for a 'sale' that wasn't previously sold there. Haven't looked for years, but they used to bring in the tat from their outlet stores.

It's like a market in there in the sales. There's nothing i'd want in there anyway, but what's the point in that level of effort to save a little money on something so mass-produced and standardised. Topman, next, river island etc all seem to have the same buyers or same suppliers.

Even more weird these days, when you can sales shop online with free delivery and returns many places.

The rule is that the merchandise should have been on sale at the original price for at least 6 weeks 'somewhere' within the organisation !

So if you buy a shirt shown as half price in Southampton it may well have been displayed for 6 weeks in Sunderland !

TBF, it is verging on sharp practise but most shops do it and it is not illegal !

I drove down to Soton on Boxing Day for the match and a duty visit and the traffic going to Bicester Village meant that it took me 35mins to get up the slip and around the roundabout at the M40/A34 junction. It was solid going up the duel carriageway going to the outlets and the stupid Doris's were stopping across the junctions meaning no traffic could move.

I drove down to Soton on Boxing Day for the match and a duty visit and the traffic going to Bicester Village meant that it took me 35mins to get up the slip and around the roundabout at the M40/A34 junction. It was solid going up the duel carriageway going to the outlets and the stupid Doris's were stopping across the junctions meaning no traffic could move.

Torsaint had the same problem and only just made the kick-off !

Their city collection shirts are good and I wear them for work. £30 so a decent price and a good fit. Their Italia range of suits are also good and I've got a couple of those but everything else in there is sh*t. It used to be good like you say but j really don't understand the frenzy the annual Next sale creates. Why Next? Why not River Island, H&M? There isn't that much difference these days.

on a par with Primark!!

I buy Jeans and shirts / suits etc from Next and get a lot of my kids clothes there too, always lasts longer and holds its shape better than any other places of similar price

Popped into Next today, looked more like Primark than anything. In fact the whole of town appeared to be a bun fight. Couldn't find much I was looking for. Maybe there was some good stuff in the sales but not anymore.

Had to laugh at all the grumpy looking hen-pecked blokes being dragged around by their other halfs. Just tell them to go by themselves and sit in the pub or something. Weirdos.

Just to add that following Turkish saying how nice barbour jackets are checked a few out in JL. I quite liked the wax jackets (but not the prices!), however couldn't help but notice loads of Leicester locals (if you know what i mean) checking out the padded (diamond check) jackets which put me right off.

Just to add that following Turkish saying how nice barbour jackets are checked a few out in JL. I quite liked the wax jackets (but not the prices!), however couldn't help but notice loads of Leicester locals (if you know what i mean) checking out the padded (diamond check) jackets which put me right off.

The Wax ones are very nice as are the internationals but the padded ones are now overdone by c*nts wearing cheap copies, like boxfresh ones FFS.

The Wax ones are very nice as are the internationals but the padded ones are now overdone by c*nts wearing cheap copies, like boxfresh ones FFS.

The Internationals are nice, but I ended up getting a much better quality jacket from Hackett in the end - some brilliant jackets in there!

The quilted Barbours are sought after by women, including my Mum ... !

That's when I stopped wearing mine.

As soon as I see the "yoof" wearing similar I know it's time to move on.

Oi Palloi have plenty in the sale in all sizes, a sure fire sign that they are now far to mainstream.

All, of couse, IMHO.

You are correct from what i've seen. Who wants to wear stuff everyone else is wearing?

They don't start boxing day. Online they start the second it's too late to order in time for xmas. Why be annoyed about start time anyway, you don't have to go. If idiots want to spend their boxing day pushing and queuing, fine. Probably better than some family occasions. Although to me boxing day is only about one thing - football.

The annoying part to me, or surreal part, is a month or more or invasive advertising telling us all to buy all the same old toss for christmas, then mass marketing campaigns from christmas eve or earlier telling us we can now buy all the same said toss at a far cheaper price.

I don't buy anything in december anymore for myself, just wait for clothes sales. Some of the online ones are crazy the discounts you can get. Quite like trying on clothes a month or so before and making a note of size etc to order online later at half the price. Smug sales shopping.

Online is fine, but keep the shops shut on Boxing Day. The idiots who spend their Boxing Day pushing and queuing are stopping the shop workers from spending Christmas with their families.