Saints fans beaten up?

saintrich

Anyone who finds stamping on a fellow humans head amusing needs sectioning under the mental health act.

Or send them to Afghanistan so they have a chance of someone doing it back to them. They would cry for their mamies within 10mins of being there.

Anyone who finds stamping on a fellow humans head amusing needs sectioning under the mental health act.

Its seems that most Cardiff feel that way too, looking at their message board they are not happy about some of their own for various incidents that happened today.

As soon as the train got into cardiff our fans started chanting England, and sheep ****ger songs. A few got nicked as they came down the stairs after a lot of shouting with the OB.

We drank in the Weatherspoons near the station and real Cardiff city pub near the ground and had no bother. In fact the locals were very friendly and apologized for losing the cup final.

I saw a bit of trouble after the match as we walked out a few little sh1tes tried to to charge some gobby Carfiff fans and the Police stopped them.

Went to Edwards bar after the match and mingled with more of their fans with no trouble.

Sounds like a few of our fans got battered from this thread on the Cardiff Forum.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=94017&start=0&rid=0&S=ff0d355e057d42390ba475eb27576475

Link has been pulled, but i am pleased to read that most of their supperters appear to be slagging off those involved:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=94020&start=0&rid=0&S=8951189664a33320fd210b63a8eba58b

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I have found my avatar now, thanks Ponty, how do I get it up, or can you get it up for me please?

Double entendres on a Sunday morning. Tsk, tsk...

I'd be disgusted to see any saints 'fans' acting like this.

Yes but we all know that there are violent morons amongst our "fans".

Always have been, always will be ,football supporters are a representative sample of the general population,probability states that some will be stupid and agressive,it would be strange if it was otherwise.

Just got back.

After the game I was walking back to the city center with a mate when we came across a small crowd gathered around two guy's laying on the floor.

When we got closer we discovered that they were saints fans and that they were both out cold laying in pools of blood. They were both being first aided by someone who looked like he knew what he was doing. Apparently some Cardiff Tw*@ts ran across the road from the pub they were in and hit these poor bastards with a scaffold pole. They looked in a seriously bad way. The OB were just arriving but it was really hairy there so we decided to get out while the going was good. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. I am not an angel myself fisty cuffs and so on but bloody scaffold poles? thats attempted murder if you ask me.

Does anyone on here know the guys and if so how are they? I would offer any help I could in evidence etc but only really got there just after it all happened. I'd seriously like to see those Cun** stoned to death for such a cowardly attack. No place in society for attacks like that let alone in the name of football.

Just got back.

After the game I was walking back to the city center with a mate when we came across a small crowd gathered around two guy's laying on the floor.

When we got closer we discovered that they were saints fans and that they were both out cold laying in pools of blood. They were both being first aided by someone who looked like he knew what he was doing. Apparently some Cardiff Tw*@ts ran across the road from the pub they were in and hit these poor bastards with a scaffold pole. They looked in a seriously bad way. The OB were just arriving but it was really hairy there so we decided to get out while the going was good. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. I am not an angel myself fisty cuffs and so on but bloody scaffold poles? thats attempted murder if you ask me.

Does anyone on here know the guys and if so how are they? I would offer any help I could in evidence etc but only really got there just after it all happened. I'd seriously like to see those Cun** stoned to death for such a cowardly attack. No place in society for attacks like that let alone in the name of football.

Saw this happen to mate. One guy laid out cold on the floor in a pool of blood. Stood on the corner of a housing estate leading away from the ground.

Not a pretty site. My friend called an ambulance as we walked away but think one might have already been on its way?

was with a Cardiff fan after the game whose my mate and he said that even he has been started on by Cardiff City Fans. He said they are a disgrace.

Got a pint glass thrown at us for no reason and told to f**k off from the pub and not to come back, had my Cardiff mate with us and nobody seemed to mind us standing outside having a beer until a small group took exception, shame though because enjoyed some good conversation with those inside the pub that welcomed us

Got a pint glass thrown at us for no reason and told to f**k off from the pub and not to come back, had my Cardiff mate with us and nobody seemed to mind us standing outside having a beer until a small group took exception, shame though because enjoyed some good conversation with those inside the pub that welcomed us

To be honest you and your Cardiff mate should have been more streetwise and not gone in local pubs. It's not like everyone doesn't know what vile Cardiff "fans" are like.

Agreeing with the sentiments here that you should be able to walk into any pub away and have a beer, but thats not a reality, people need to use common sense.

Me and two mates were all pretty hammered yesterday and didnt have a clue where we were going after the game, but we didnt wander into any of their back street pubs for a beer as that would have just been suicidal. We also noticed in one of the pubs beforehand that we were the only Saints fans in there, having got their early on, it just filled up with boyos. So we left and went elsewhere, just simple common sense when there is only a couple of you and a few more of them.

Firstly, as you can probably tell, yes I'm a cardiff fan. Came here from the link on the city boards, and just wanted to say a few things about what happened really.

As Bluebird, I'm horrified if the thing bout the fans being battered by scaffold pole is true. That kind of thuggery should not be tolerated wherever it occurs. For it to happen in the supposed name of football (something which should be enjoyed) is disgusting IMO.

As for the events in the Ninian, while it shouldn't have happened, common sense really should have been used IMO. I may be going to Southampton uni next month. Come the match at your place in February, there is no way I'd think to go to have a drink in one of "your" pubs, even if I was with some Saints fans myself. Violence like this shouldn't be accepted, especially as those involved where no causing any problems, and where with a city fan. And while in a utopian society we would be able to go to whatever pubs we want to, in the real world, just use your brain a little.

On another note, while walking down riverside (the street from central station to Ninian park) before the match, me and 3 mates ended up chatting to a pretty decent saints fan. Certainly knew his stuff, and it was interesting to hear that he thought we had a good pre season. Also mentioned that he was thinking about not coming, but wanted to see Ninian Park (as this is the last season it shall be there). Was nice to have a friendly chat to an away fan, though doubt he would have been so friendly after the result though :D

Does this sort of thing happen often in Cardiff?

I am well aware of the travelling support you muster that feels the need to go through a town and pick on innocent people as you did in Soton, I also wouldn't say it was a minority either.

In my view you should be playing in the Welsh league, maybe we could swap you for Hereford?

Behavior like this sickens. One of the problem is it's far too easy to get into trouble that's not of your own making. You commonly see at away games large groups of Saints 'fans' winding up the locals - often when they've got the old bill to hide behind. Of course the locals don't go after the large group where the odds may not bein there favour, but they'll go after the couple of blokes away from the main group who are trying to stay out of trouble...

Did type up a nice long post, but my laptop lost battery :(. So I'll try to sum it up in a couple of paragraphs.

Basically, no, I don't think this happens much at cardiff any more. In recent years, the hooligan element, as for the most part, disappeared. Of course, there are some idiots still around, but I honestly think we're no worse than any other championship team now. Point proved last year when most of the trouble at NP was caused by wolves and bristol fans chucking seats around.

In the past ten years, things have changed a lot. We no longer deserve our reputation IMO. Of course, the media have done their best to make sure we keep it. The FA cup win over Leeds comes to mind. Instead of celebrating a huge giant killing, the media decide to exaggerate the actions of a few mindless thugs.

Of course, its not surprising I'm saying this, of course I would. It's the club I love. And you (as in saints fans in general) probably will choose not to believe me (not that I exactly blame you, the violent minority easily block the rest of us from sight).

As for the welsh league thing, believe what you will. But the only reason we are in the english system is because your FA allow us to be. We're officially a member of the FAW, and only associated with the FA. Thus it would be easy for the FA to force us out. But judging by last years events (most notably the FA saying we would qualify for europe if we won the FA Cup), I can't see them kicking us out.

As I said above, I am horrified if what is claimed is true. I think I speak for most true city fans that we are all ashamed to have people like that associated with us (the thread on the cardiff boards backs me up). And I hope the saints fans involved are ok.

Firstly, as you can probably tell, yes I'm a cardiff fan. Came here from the link on the city boards, and just wanted to say a few things about what happened really.

As Bluebird, I'm horrified if the thing bout the fans being battered by scaffold pole is true. That kind of thuggery should not be tolerated wherever it occurs. For it to happen in the supposed name of football (something which should be enjoyed) is disgusting IMO.

As for the events in the Ninian, while it shouldn't have happened, common sense really should have been used IMO. I may be going to Southampton uni next month. Come the match at your place in February, there is no way I'd think to go to have a drink in one of "your" pubs, even if I was with some Saints fans myself. Violence like this shouldn't be accepted, especially as those involved where no causing any problems, and where with a city fan. And while in a utopian society we would be able to go to whatever pubs we want to, in the real world, just use your brain a little.

On another note, while walking down riverside (the street from central station to Ninian park) before the match, me and 3 mates ended up chatting to a pretty decent saints fan. Certainly knew his stuff, and it was interesting to hear that he thought we had a good pre season. Also mentioned that he was thinking about not coming, but wanted to see Ninian Park (as this is the last season it shall be there). Was nice to have a friendly chat to an away fan, though doubt he would have been so friendly after the result though :D

If you don't know the difference between 'where and were' i think Southampton institute would be more appropriate than the Uni.

Of course, there are some idiots still around, but I honestly think we're no worse than any other championship team now.

In the past ten years, things have changed a lot. We no longer deserve our reputation IMO.

Sadly, I'd disagree. A couple of the times Cardiff have come down here in the last few years, pubs have been trashed, fights have broken out, etc, and these are away fans who have supposedly been police-vetted and are on the CCFC database as such. The only other teams I can remember real problems with down here in the last year or so are Bristol City and Charlton. I suspect there are probably a few others, but Cardiff's been by far the worst of them all.

To be honest with you, I want to know where this group of young idiots have come from supporting Southampton. I was at the game on Saturday (I go with my old man to all games, despite being 25) and didn't understand where the bunch of idiots baiting the Cardiff fans as close as they could to the home section. They all looked 15 - 18, wearing clothes they've seen on Football factory, Green Street, etc and were acting like morons. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a good pasting and rightly so. As far as supporting the club, the only songs they could muster were 'Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land' and 'Sheep ****gers' absolutely pathetic and a real embaressment to the club. I found all cardiff supporters friendly, one showed us to a nice cafe and boozer where we enjoyed oursleves pre-match. Had not one bit of trouble, but if you go looking for it then your going to get it.

I didn't go to the Bristol game last season due to holidays, the only team that has come close to CCFC was Millwall in recent history, the majority of CCFC fans it appears are very proud of their rep and do their best to upkeep it, hence the running through city center battering anything in their path.

Whilst generalisations are often incorrect I see CCFC as doing very little to get rid of their thugs.

All that said I know we have our element of nutters but I still feel CCFC are the or amongst the worst of what is wrong with following football.

IMHO

To be honest with you, I want to know where this group of young idiots have come from supporting Southampton. I was at the game on Saturday (I go with my old man to all games, despite being 25) and didn't understand where the bunch of idiots baiting the Cardiff fans as close as they could to the home section. They all looked 15 - 18, wearing clothes they've seen on Football factory, Green Street, etc and were acting like morons. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a good pasting and rightly so. As far as supporting the club, the only songs they could muster were 'Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land' and 'Sheep ****gers' absolutely pathetic and a real embaressment to the club. I found all cardiff supporters friendly, one showed us to a nice cafe and boozer where we enjoyed oursleves pre-match. Had not one bit of trouble, but if you go looking for it then your going to get it.

Exactly. If it transpires that those hit round the head were Southampton hooligans then should anyone feel sorry for them?

The problem is that these ferral louts will get normal fans into trouble through their antics sooner or later.

If you don't know the difference between 'where and were' i think Southampton institute would be more appropriate than the Uni.

Thanks. Shall keep it in mind. Thank god I'm not doing an english degree :smt023

Sadly, I'd disagree. A couple of the times Cardiff have come down here in the last few years, pubs have been trashed, fights have broken out, etc, and these are away fans who have supposedly been police-vetted and are on the CCFC database as such. The only other teams I can remember real problems with down here in the last year or so are Bristol City and Charlton. I suspect there are probably a few others, but Cardiff's been by far the worst of them all.

I can't comment much on our away support - I can't exactly afford to go to away games really (my season ticket at NP only cost £99 lol). However I do know that at ninian, it has improved a great deal in the past few years.

You generally don't see the large scale fighting etc going on that used to happen. Yes, some sad incidents do happen (as shown by saturdays match) but no where near in comparison to days gone by.

the cardiff fans are hooligans. i would say the craziest in this league. i think it was wolves or the other way round, they banned them from there stadia.

They banned us cos the wolves fans played up at Ninian, and they were worried about any "reprisals".

And as for what TheSaint75 just said, the people who cause trouble at away matches ARE the minority. full stop. There were nearly 20,000 people at Ninian park on saturday. That number way outnumbers the away support we have anyway. Thus obviously outnumbers the amount of mindless thugs who are part of our away support.

I'm sorry you can't post anymore Welshy unless you pays your £5, but by our own admission you don't attend away games so you can't comment on the 3k(ish) CCFC fans trying to storm the fences separating the fans, or the ones running up behind people and giving them a kick in the hoop whilst merely walking through our city. That was by no means a minority, at NP that would be, but by my reckoning the MAJORITY of away followers are more than happy to have a pop at anyone who looks easy target.

Exactly. If it transpires that those hit round the head were Southampton hooligans then should anyone feel sorry for them?

Yes, I saw it with my own eyes and whatever they were up to, and to be honest no one on here knows for sure, ****ting some one with a scaffold pole is attempted murder!

I feel sorry for them and their families, from what I saw they are in for a hospital stay and are lucky to be alive. If you can't find it within yourself to have pity on another human being in that situation then you must be a really nice person to know.

Yes, I saw it with my own eyes and whatever they were up to, and to be honest no one on here knows for sure, ****ting some one with a scaffold pole is attempted murder!

From what I've heard, no weapons of any description were used (with the exception of body parts), so it sounds like they "just" took a severe kicking. Apparently one needed stitches but is ok and the other is fine.

While what happened was obviously unpleasant, these things do tend to get blown out of proportions.

No, a mate and I walked passed just after it happened and while they were laid sparked out in blood. The guy who was giving them first aid told us that the taffs from the pub opposite had hit them round the back of the head with a scaffold pole. The state they were in seemed to re-enforce the remark.

15-20 youth ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time, with a couple of lads taking a hiding. No weapons used i:e scaffold poles, they were just out numbered 3-1.. The two lads are ok few cuts & bruises..So thats that now we can move on from this topic & talk about the Exeter game..