How to cancel a paypal subscripton?

dune

I'm not sure if you are all aware, but when you sign up to TSW you are not just paying 5 pounds, you are enrolling to a subscription that will automatically keep taking money out of our account every year without asking you to authorise the debit. Does anyone know whether this can be cancelled and if so how?

Cheers, that was fairly simple using the link you posted. It's worth doing because you never know if things may change in the future and you wouldn't want money being automatically taken for ever.

It literally takes 60 seconds.

I'm not sure if you are all aware, but when you sign up to TSW you are not just paying 5 pounds, you are enrolling to a subscription that will automatically keep taking money out of our account every year without asking you to authorise the debit. Does anyone know whether this can be cancelled and if so how?

A common tactic.

I remember someone I know who just dropped out of uni who paid via debit card for a TV licence, who was then automatically debited for the 2nd year without any knowledge of having signed up to a direct debit. Having left uni he didn't require a licence any more and asked for a refund.

He had to get the uni to write to TV licencing to confirm he had left the university and everything , it was absolutely ridiculous.

I think it took him 3-4 months to have the 130 quid or so refunded.

A common tactic.

I remember someone I know who just dropped out of uni who paid via debit card for a TV licence, who was then automatically debited for the 2nd year without any knowledge of having signed up to a direct debit. Having left uni he didn't require a licence any more and asked for a refund.

He had to get the uni to write to TV licencing to confirm he had left the university and everything , it was absolutely ridiculous.

I think it took him 3-4 months to have the 130 quid or so refunded.

It's the same with saintsplayer. I always pay for a full years subscription (because I hate lots of direct debits), but once the year is up there's a small clause in there that then activates monthly debits.

If you subscribe to Saintsplayer make sure you log into your account to cancel this.

The few times I have used paypal have convinced me beyond doubt never to use it again. Its ok as long as the transactions go smoothly, but when a problem occurs it is literally impossible to fix. You cannot contact any actual person at this company, they just send out a series of auto-generated names, and your query is never addressed. Google "paypal problems", its an eye opener.

The few times I have used paypal have convinced me beyond doubt never to use it again. Its ok as long as the transactions go smoothly, but when a problem occurs it is literally impossible to fix. You cannot contact any actual person at this company, they just send out a series of auto-generated names, and your query is never addressed. Google "paypal problems", its an eye opener.

It is handy for using ebay though.

Rubbish! As a seller it is far too stacked to idiot buyers. People who expect a refund because it has not arrived in Italy in 12 days even though the listing explains that 28 days delivery is the norm to Italy.

The sad fact is the refund system can be easily manipulated by cyber shoplifters. The only way to beat them is send everything by recorded delivery and spend your life queuing in post offices. Also your higher postage costs will mean you price yourself out of the market.

EBay and PayPal arbitration is clumsy and often comes out rewarding the dishonest side. However it is easier to buy stuff at a good price especially when you take time, petrol and parking into consideration.

There does seam to be more problems with goods that are bought and sold for Chavs! Mobiles, fake designer stuff. And I did get more grief on reliable items around Xmas with people buying with less thought about its suitability.

I shut my shop 4 days before Xmas because I couldn't face the begging requests to send it special delivery because they ordered it too late... And then returning it after Xmas wanting a full refund.

After my ex neighbour had his paypal account closed down, emptied of over 100 quid without any notice and never got his money back I refused to use it ever again.

I'm afraid this was also more of a case of "final straw" than "knee jerk reaction", as I've heard numerous horror stories involving paypal without the need to use google.

Rubbish! As a seller it is far too stacked to idiot buyers. People who expect a refund because it has not arrived in Italy in 12 days even though the listing explains that 28 days delivery is the norm to Italy.

The sad fact is the refund system can be easily manipulated by cyber shoplifters. The only way to beat them is send everything by recorded delivery and spend your life queuing in post offices. Also your higher postage costs will mean you price yourself out of the market.

EBay and PayPal arbitration is clumsy and often comes out rewarding the dishonest side. However it is easier to buy stuff at a good price especially when you take time, petrol and parking into consideration.

There does seam to be more problems with goods that are bought and sold for Chavs! Mobiles, fake designer stuff. And I did get more grief on reliable items around Xmas with people buying with less thought about its suitability.

I shut my shop 4 days before Xmas because I couldn't face the begging requests to send it special delivery because they ordered it too late... And then returning it after Xmas wanting a full refund.

I foolishly opened a paypal account, apparently they got sufficient information to take my money but not enough to send the goods I was supposed to have bought. I wasted three weeks on that. There is no way of contacting anybody at paypal, I just got a stream of automated emails explaining how to log in to the non-existent paypal account. Enough people use the system that I would imagine it generally works well, but I tend to go by personal experience. I wont be using them again.

Bizarrely enough....I purchased a Laptop from Ebay, the Laptop was sent and received, paid, so I thought via Paypal, but there weren't enough funds in my account, to cover it, so Paypal paid it and then sent me loads of e-mails asking me to settle the balance!

If you check the small print when you subscribe to Saintsweb, it is a perpetual subscription that is handed down from generation to generation. You have signed up for this life and beyond. This applies to all your descendants.