MW3 v Battlefield 3

Thedelldays

which to get...?

I don't want to be paying subscriptions etc just want to play a good game and have a bash at online gaming etc

MW3. BF lasted 3 days before it was sold on. Total gash.

It's not worth doing the campaign with either. BF is for those who think themselves cunning special forces types, working as a team over big maps. MW3 for those of us who like a quick fix, loads of shooting and blowing sh it up on maps that aren't huge just for the sake of it.

MW3. BF lasted 3 days before it was sold on. Total gash.

It's not worth doing the campaign with either. BF is for those who think themselves cunning special forces types, working as a team over big maps. MW3 for those of us who like a quick fix, loads of shooting and blowing sh it up on maps that aren't huge just for the sake of it.

cheers....will go with that...

BF3 all the way. Basically total opposite of what View said.

If your interested in online gaming then BF3 is the best fps online game there is right now. Just check out the reviews and the awards it has won. Most people gave it online game of the year.

As Hypo says MW3 is pretty much the exact same-thing as MW2 just worse. Which you would expect seeing as the people who made MW1 + 2 didn't make 3.

If you want a Call of Duty game go for Black Ops. Has a great online community and is a lot more fun.

At the end of the day it all depends on your play style. If your more into just running around shooting people then MW3 is the one to go for. But if your more into realistic battles and care about things such as working as a team then BF3 is the one.

My advice would be to watch/read the reviews of both then make a decision on that.

As I said, BF3 for wannabe special ops types who take it all far, far too seriously and MW3 if you simply want to have fun and blow sh it up.

BF3 was simply the most overrated and under performing pile of sh it that I've played in a very long time and I was really, really looking forward to it as well.

No accident that you can get it for £20 now.

Haha what a load of ******** mate. You don't blow anything up in MW3. You just shoot at each other, get killed, re-spawn, go find someone to shoot at and die again. Rinse and repeat. No different at all from its previous versions. But 10 years old suck it up and ask mummy to get it for them. MW4 will come out in 12 months or so and again it will be rinse and repeat. There is a reason it has an 80% metacritic score and that is because it is ****.

BF3 has destructible enviroments meaning you can really blow stuff up. It has vehicles that you can drive, jets that you can fly, zillions of different weapons/gadgets for you to try out. Loads of maps that are far more entertaining then just running around in a bunker or someones back garden.....the sound effects are by far the best seen in any game/movie to date where as MW3 uses the same sounds for pretty much every weapon!

etc etc

But hey i don't want to get into some kind of nerdoff but BF3 has over 80 awards including best game of E3 2011 which is one of the most prestigous awards out there. I appreciate you don't like it but saying it is over-rated or under performed is laughable. As for the it being £20 now comment. I think your find most games drop down to that price 3-4 months after its release :)

Sounds more like your a blind COD fanboy mate which is pretty sad.

BF3 is a huge leap up on BF2. The fact you don't think it is shows you probably never even played it. Mainly because BF2 was released nearly 8 years ago....That is like saying the PS3 isn't much of a leap on the PS1.

Either way that is a pretty funny comment considering there have been SEVEN Call of Duties in that time. Four of which have been out in just over three years.... I guess they were all step forwards right?

MW3 isn't even popcorn gaming, it is like Apple products. Release the same thing every year and put on a different number/letter at the end and all the idiots will rush out and buy it thinking it is the greatest thing of all time. The new one being you actually now have a subscription to play it.....only blind fanboys would think paying £34.99 a year AFTER paying £40 to buy the game is a good deal.

And it is a higher level experience. In every single area in regards to gaming it is better and that is fact. You might not be able to handle that but it is the truth.

I used to play COD but BLOPS was the last one I bought. The style of play is to race around the map on your own shooting and stabbing like a nutter. Fine if you play all the time as you will become very good at it but if, like me, you only play every now and then it becomes very difficult as the 12 year olds who play all day, will kill you before you can move more than 3 ft.

I've just bought BF3, I'm hoping it will be different. We'll see I guess.

MW3 has a better campaign, but that doesn't mean its enjoyable either. You just kill some people then run to the next point, watch a cut scene and start again. If you buy either of these games for the campaign you deserve to be robbed of your money.

Anyway, people primarily focus on the multiplayer. I've played the COD franchise since COD4. But its showing its age now and is really just the same rehashed game. I was never a fan of MW2 and MW3 doesn't add much to that. The only new installment I enjoy is kill confirmed. On the other hand, I started playing battlefield for the first time with BF3. It seems a much more balanced game and yet more diverse. One thing that impressed me is that they will balance weapons and vehicles in patch updates if there has been any complaints. Whereas IW/Treyarch tend to leave things as they are, which results in everyone using the same guns, perks ect.

BF3 is the closest you will get to a real war game at the moment. You play a specific role in your team and squad. Choosing between being a medic, engineer, support or recon (sniper). Then of course the vehicles play an important role too. I could be all day going into detail about each class/vehicle. But this is why BF3 never gets boring, if you're sick of healing/reviving teammates then you can repair/blow up tanks and if you're sick of running around you can always fly an aircraft or cause mayhem in the tank.

And one last thing, Call of Duty will make you rage so bad. Beware!