Made me think a bit

Saint in Paradise

After a short presentation of the Higgs boson, this webpage http://www.higgs-boson.org/

describes an alternative to the Higgs boson that unifies

Mass,

Gravitation,

Spacetime curvature,

...in a single 4D theory.

This theory shows that gravity is not an attractive force between masses but an external pressure force produced by

spacetime curvature on objects that tends to bring them closer to each other.

I have only posted this to take peoples minds off the Bristol and Brighton results :D

I don't expect any replies to this ( nothing new there then :D )

Just a thought, will this be enough to get a nomination as most useless poster?

Edited by Saint in Paradise
Last sentence added

So what they're saying then is that they spent a zillion looking for Higgs Bosun but it was the wrong type?

Who ran Cern? British rail?

I don't think you quite grasp the point of 'science'. They don't build stuff and do experiments only to confirm what they think they already know, or think they know.

As far as I understand it, the Higgs Bosun is a particle necessary for the 'standard model' of quantum mechanics to cohere. The standard model itself may itself be wrong, despite it's extraordinary predictive and explanatory power, just as Newton's mechanics were proved wrong when they were displaced by Einstein's theory of general relativity. (Not that it stopped Nasa from using Newtonian equations to send men to the Moon.)

What I don't get about the OP is the suggestion that the 'alternative theory' is anything new. It just sounds - 4D; the curvature of spacetime - like a retread of general relativity.