Twittererererererers

Smirking_Saint

I enjoy having a pop at times lol

Its a decent tool, some good knowledge on there and obviously some utter drivel

Yes if I'm honest I've used it a few times to vent an opinion or frustration! I seem to be unfollowing more and more people lately though, some people post some right crap.

I use twitter to help stalk Golfers 8)

I have tweeted a total of 9 times in 2 years, 3 to future son in law, 2 to a competition at Atlantis and 4 to Solent during match day threads

I have 9 followers, only one of whom I actually know

The MOST worrying is that I am now being followed by......

[h=2]Spurs News[/h]

@TottenhamNews Tottenham

I mean WTF?

Perhaps they are trying to get the inside track on regulars on the poopey thread to see what is going to happen to their 'arry?

I was going to start a thread about this, I have precisely no interest in twitter but every business website nowadays seems to have a "follow us on twitter/facebook" link, is it worth it business-wise? I could easily open an account and add it to my website.

I was going to start a thread about this, I have precisely no interest in twitter but every business website nowadays seems to have a "follow us on twitter/facebook" link, is it worth it business-wise? I could easily open an account and add it to my website.

Yes.

But only as a part of a proper "Social media" marketing strategy. There are tons of new "marketing gurus" out there who do that, some very good and many very bad

But take care not to mix work & personal Tweets 8)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/8992404/Channel-4-commentators-embarrassing-hot-body-tonight-tweet.html

Edited by dubai_phil

The whole social networking 'must utter short generic messages to dozens instead of speaking to the person next to you' is ******** imo and will be laughed at in future decades. I dont even carry my mobile if I can help it.

Special interest forums like this one or those for fishing, cars, dwarf enemas etc are a different entity imo before anyone throws that in.

Edited by buctootim

The whole social networking 'must utter short generic messages to dozens instead of speaking to the person next to you' is ******** imo and will be laughed at in future decades. I dont even carry my mobile if I can help it.

Special interest forums like this one or those for fishing, cars, dwarf enemas etc are a different entity imo before anyone throws that in.

Rubbish, totally disagree. If anything, online usage will just increase as "social media" becomes more clever and useful in everyday circumstances. I agree that Facebook in it's current format is limited and in fact, seems to only be used by those who don't work - women at home with babies, kids, jobless. Most of my news feed is void during the day and I can't be bothered to post anything on there and nor do many I know.

Twitter on the other hand is very powerful, much more so as the short, sharp messages mean you can quickly trawl a news feed and pick out bits immediately interesting to you. It is also by far the quickest way to find out what's happening (either on your train, in the world, in your town etc.) - Twitter has far more potential than something like Facebook. I don't want to see pictures of your baby that looks just like all the other babies, I don't want to see your holiday pictures, I just want a short sharp sentence; what is the Saints score? How did Tim Howard score against Bolton? Why is my train delayed when the guard is silent? etc.

Twitter has far more potential than something like Facebook. I don't want to see pictures of your baby that looks just like all the other babies, I don't want to see your holiday pictures, I just want a short sharp sentence; what is the Saints score? How did Tim Howard score against Bolton? Why is my train delayed when the guard is silent? etc.

Agree with that totally. If Twitter can provide something I actually want or need then of course its something I'd use. The examples you gave though are practical useful information feeds akin to Blooomberg for example, not social media imo. Most people and companies communicate too much when they have nothing real to say and want only to sell you something. So much gack is generated I find myself shutting down the feed.

Edited by buctootim

Agree with that totally. If Twitter can provide something I actually want or need then of course its something I'd use. The trouble imo is that people and companies communicate too much when they have nothing real to say and want only to sell you something. So much gack is generated I find myself shutting down the feed.

Get into lists.

I don't really look at my main feed much, but you can create lists and place your favourite tweeple in there. Cuts down on a lot of the crap.

Also, hashtag searching is pretty cool too.

I note that you have once again failed to participate in an activity that would identify you, dune.

Whassa matter? Scared that we'll find out your real name is Che Guevara Smith? :)

I think he must be @TottenhamNews, just putting 1 and 1 together.