USA - Saints v Leicester TV coverage (LIVE)

Mon Jan 23 - ko 2.45 ET

Saints v Leicester is LIVE on FSP & foxsoccer.tv

So do you:

1/ Take the afternoon off

2/ Record it, avoid the score & watch it when you get home

3/ Watch it at work but risk having the watching of the game disrupted by ummm, work

Think I'll go for 2/

There's no Prem game that night so if any of you have to rely on a bar to watch FSP you should be onto a winner. Enjoy.

The wife is already negotiating to take the day off work so we can hit Molly Malone's in Covington together that afternoon. I like the idea of Monday afternoon drinking.

I will raise a glass to you from my couch. Unless you can talk her into visiting NYC - then we can raise the glass from my couch together.

(do note: I would never recommend to anyone to visit NYC in January or February. It's frightfully miserable these months.)

Possibly traveling for work but if not will be working from home, the beauty of being a freelancer, and I'll be able to watch it in my apartment. Unless there are a group of friends or other Saints supporters and you're allowed to watch your game with the volume on, i'm rapidly turning away from following our games in bars. Am I turning into an old fart?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for posting up about this!

Was a real shame the game wasn't that good. Everything worked out great. Taped it - picked up a pre-ordered pizza on the way home - fridge full of beer and sat down to watch it at 5pm ET.

It was great & I said at the time 'I wish Saints would play every Monday'.

Then came the game and it just never got going. The one good thing is that I wasn't sat here feeling homesick wishing badly that I was there....

Onwards and upwards. Surely we can't play that badly again. It was just the lack of urgency that got me. Get some tackles in, show some passion etc

Next TV game for us is Birmingham. Bring it on! Got a good feeling about that one.

Same here Rut. Been anticipating it all day. Got home and sat down with my shepherd's pie and Guinness.

They never got going. Result never looked in any doubt after the 2nd half started. Real anticlimax.

Thought Leicester looked very good, but we were below par.

At least Lambert is back but a bit worried about Jos. Could do with Chappers and Fonte back NOW.

Same here Rut. Been anticipating it all day. Got home and sat down with my shepherd's pie and Guinness.

They never got going. Result never looked in any doubt after the 2nd half started. Real anticlimax.

'anticlimax' - that sums it up well.

When taping a game things can go wrong (storm knocks out the satellite / power cut / taped wrong channel) but nope - everything was perfect.

I did still enjoy watching the game until about the last 10 mins. Up until then I still thought 'score now and we can win this'.

Plus at least there was a 'what-if' last night. What if Connolly had grabbed hold of that back pass and whacked it in the back of the net (instead of aiding the back pass). That would have been 1-0 to Saints...

Cincy USA - did you go to the bar to watch it? That would have sucked even more - especially if you bigged-up Saints pre-game!

Yes, I went to the pub. Me and the wife were the only people in the place, so that was good. However the two regular Irish barmen (one a Liverpool supporter, the other a Manure freak) were relentless in their ****-taking. They both know to serve me up a large whisky whenever Saints score, so they dipped out on that, the tips on that, and I tipped out on getting bladdered on a Monday afternoon. We were woeful.

I ended up going to Legends in midtown to watch it. As soon as I saw Lallana was missing along with Lambert, Chaplow, Fonte and Harding was still at right back, and Leicester were at full strength, I had a horrible feeling that it suddenly felt like watch Saints pre Liebher and Cortese. To be fair, the passing went astray far too often and Guly's touch is getting worse, Harding had his worst game in a Saints shirt albeit out of position but we had chances and looked dangerous throughout.

At least the Cardiff and Millwall games will give us a chance to sort our form out before the next televised game. Frankly I'm not sure I want to sit through Saints of old again.

Hope this takes the pressure off us a little.