New Zealand Saints

There's a few of us. I'm in Auckland and have seen the odd Saints shirt being worn, which is always good to see. Also met 2 others on the same day once at a course last year!!!

On TSF there were a few others floating around, not sure if they've moved across to this forum though.

I'm just glad to have got through July...

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently living in Dubai but will return to Rotorua in October. Was born in Southampton though and only emigrated 7 years ago. Saints are live on local TV here today as well and this starts in 3 hours time. COYR

I am currently living in Dubai but will return to Rotorua in October. Was born in Southampton though and only emigrated 7 years ago. Saints are live on local TV here today as well and this starts in 3 hours time. COYR

My cousin is a massive SFC fan in Auckland though he doesn't post. He even travelled to England to watch some games.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Toussaint,

I bought my plate the first week i got here, i have seen at least three other vehicles with Saints on the plate one in Wellington & two in Auckland.

We are going to arrange a Saints fans B B Q in the Summer so hopefully we cant all meet up.

Hi Red & White, not much point in organising one then ? :D:D:D

Ok 'fess up...who was walking around Auckland CBD yesterday in a Saints shirt??? I got an excited text from my missus saying she'd just seen one (and she's not even a fan!!!).

We might even have enough members for an NZ Saints Supporters Club now!?!?

Hi Toussaint,

I bought my plate the first week i got here, i have seen at least three other vehicles with Saints on the plate one in Wellington & two in Auckland.

We are going to arrange a Saints fans B B Q in the Summer so hopefully we cant all meet up.

Thanks for the offer, but Im in WA (perth), I have a friend in Hamilton I was referring to. Not many Saints here, seen quite a few Pompey knucle-draggers though!

Moved to New Zealand (Auckland) on the 6th May. 2 Days after going to the last game of the season at St Mary's and storming onto the pitch at the end of the game in celebration of survival! It was a great last day as is going to be the last game I see for a while.

I have not weared my saints shirt out in the CBD but perhaps this weekend :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Been here for a year and a half, live on Auckland's North Shore, and earlier this year took my 7 year old Harry to watch England's cricket team at Eden Park (20/20), and Hamilton & Napier for Tests. Harry wore his Saints shirt to all the games, so we met up with several Saints fans at each game. Have also seen a SAINTS plate around Auckland.

We went back for a couple of weeks in July, and Harry's highlight was going to the Celtic friendly and seeing MLT play for 15 mins - he can hopefully tell his grandchildren about it!

• 3 months later...

I live in Hamilton and met Richard & Harry at the cricket. I have the number plate SFC 01 - probably devalued since I bought it. Been over here for just over a year now. Had a season ticket for about 15 years so was sorry to give it up. (not so sorry now given the performances since we left)

There is another Saints fan who works for the same company as me in Auckland.

Gutted about the Saints current plight - it just goes from bad to worse. When do we get a break (not while Roops is still around I guess)

Up the Saints!!!

Steve

I just moved to Wellington 3 weeks ago after spending the first half of the season watching games in Dubai with DubaiPhil and ericofarabia

Hi Steve ... how you settling in?

I think you got out just ahead of the rush, seems like loads of developements/contracts being put on hold or cancelled etc.

Hopefully I'll still be okay, the airport will be busy with everybody flying out :D

All doom and gloom on the footie front :(, at least we haven't had to watch it live recently so I should be thankful for small mercies I guess.

What is the time difference from here (just in case I drunkenly send you a text to celebrate a 0-0 or something :rolleyes:

Been in Christchurch for just over three years now. I live near and play old mans football in Rangiora. I'm the only Saints fan and all the other brits feel sorry for me apart from the baggies fan when I wear my Pele shirt, he just takes the p***.

Being a Saints fan can be depressing.

Hi Steve ... how you settling in?

I think you got out just ahead of the rush, seems like loads of developements/contracts being put on hold or cancelled etc.

Hopefully I'll still be okay, the airport will be busy with everybody flying out :D

All doom and gloom on the footie front :(, at least we haven't had to watch it live recently so I should be thankful for small mercies I guess.

What is the time difference from here (just in case I drunkenly send you a text to celebrate a 0-0 or something :rolleyes:

LOL no sooner do I say that and we are on TV again :( Admittedly it isn't until April and it could all be academic by then anyway.

Got your email Steve, will reply over the weekend. Cheers E

• 1 year later...

I'm moving out to Auckland in two weeks time, and I have been buying saints kits for my three boys on eBay recently - so keep an eye out for some nippers in kits.

Having said that, anyone living in Auckland able to recommend kiddies football courses? I have twins that are 2 years old and I think the time has come to start them learning the beautiful game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought I'd bump this thread as looking to emigrate to Auckland/North Shore this summer (UK). Got a job offer and hope to start work in August. Look forward to hopefully meeting some Saints fans and taking in a few sociables!!

• 3 months later...
Hi Toussaint,

Thats not my old plate is it (I SFC I ).

I used to live in Pukekohe, south of Auckland but moved to brizzie in 06.

Good to see people are still attracted to the Land of the Long White Cloud tho.

Haere Ra

Well hopefully can find a few Saints supporters around Auckland/North shore to have a few beers and celebrate our impending domination of the Premier League!

Good Morning, fellow Saints fan in Auckland, there were a few of us out the East Auckland Howick ways however most have moved to Aussie and other parts of NZ. Occassionally see the shirts out and about in the city centre.

Good Morning, fellow Saints fan in Auckland, there were a few of us out the East Auckland Howick ways however most have moved to Aussie and other parts of NZ. Occassionally see the shirts out and about in the city centre.

Good to hear, look forward to seeing the Saints shirts in Auckland. I shall be bringing plenty of variants to wear

Been in Christchurch for just over three years now. I live near and play old mans football in Rangiora. I'm the only Saints fan and all the other brits feel sorry for me apart from the baggies fan when I wear my Pele shirt, he just takes the p***.

Being a Saints fan can be depressing.

Hey mate.... Until a couple of years ago most of my family lived around Rangiora/Kaiapoi, til they went back to UK. All Saints fans...! My brother is now back in the ChCh area..... :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Might be an idea for one of you to set up a 'NZ Southampton Supporters' facebook page. Very easy to do, we're up to 360 on our 'Southampton Australian Supporters' group. Have also had a few messages from NZ Saints fans on there asking if there any other NZ Saints. So if one of you sets it up, I can promote it on our page! COYR!