Argentine Saints

It's been a long time since I asked this, but any other Saints fans in Argentina? Or in the rest of South America?

I play football a few times a week here in Buenos Aires and there are two Doncaster fans, and no Saints fans apart from me. Bad show! They ain't too happy about us nicking Billy Sharp.

There are also West Ham, Cardiff, Coventry, Forest, Palace, Leeds and P*mpey fans in the same group, a big Championship presence and not so many fans of Premier league teams. Quite strange, but its making things more interesting this season.

It's been a long time since I asked this, but any other Saints fans in Argentina? Or in the rest of South America?

I play football a few times a week here in Buenos Aires and there are two Doncaster fans, and no Saints fans apart from me. Bad show! They ain't too happy about us nicking Billy Sharp.

There are also West Ham, Cardiff, Coventry, Forest, Palace, Leeds and P*mpey fans in the same group, a big Championship presence and not so many fans of Premier league teams. Quite strange, but its making things more interesting this season.

Hi Syd, Im planning to come to BA in about 6 weeks time - to see a couple of Boca games. If you got a few mins spare can i get some info from you- tickets/hotel/sites, etc

perhaps we could meet up and discuss all things SAINTS!! Shall i forward my email address to you? let me know mate. Thanks.

Hi Syd, Im planning to come to BA in about 6 weeks time - to see a couple of Boca games. If you got a few mins spare can i get some info from you- tickets/hotel/sites, etc

perhaps we could meet up and discuss all things SAINTS!! Shall i forward my email address to you? let me know mate. Thanks.

Cool, I'll try to help where I can, and perhaps we can meet up when you're here to talk Saints etc. Best to contact me by email: bsaires@gmail.com (I'll edit my email address out of this post after you have replied, I would have PMed you but it won't let me!)

Edited by syd_barrett_saint

Hi Syd,

Am here in BA (for last couple of years). Also, another hard core saints fan in the office -we get together for Saints live games streamed via intenet. Be good to meet up with you sometime! Also know several saints fans in S.America...

Great, I'm not the only one here then! Do you support any team here too? I'm a Velez fan, have been for almost 7 years now. Shame about the colours though...

Where do you usually get together for streamed games? I think Leeds on Sat March 3rd is on TV, fancy meeting up for that one? My email is bsaires@gmail.com, best to contact me there.

Cheers!

My other half is Argentinean and I spend about 1/4 of the year in BsAs... What an amazing and crazy city. Have met a few football aficionados over there who were huge Le Tiss fans. As for following an Argentine team, it's River for me. Don't have much choice due to my wife's family and I've had some great (and dark!) times at el Monumental. It's kind of weird having Saints and River at the top our respective 'B' leagues. I also watch the mighty Colegiales, my wife's real local team - a plucky third division stuff founded by anarchists!