Mass Effect 3

Colinjb

The demo was out on Valentine's day and the game itself is out at the sttart of March. I really cannot wait to see how this concludes. I have three play throughs to continue and in a way it was heartening that the Demo won't let you port over your playthroughs yet...... Not sampled the multiplayer yet but I am excited to see how well it works.

And, as a bit of fan service, they have made a special trailer featuring the FemShep lead character.... (Jennifer Hale's voice acting was always better then the male lead anyway...)

Edited by Colinjb

Only played Mass Effect 2 due to my computer being too crap to go back and play 1, but will definitely think about this. I never found it to be a game you can go back and play again though, despite what many people say - the choice between good or evil options doesn't make enough of a difference for me.

I was hoping to get the collectors edition but forgot about it and left it too late.

Just ordered the normal edition from Game.

Hope I don't miss out on any good content by not having the collectors edition (not bothered about the artwork, fancy box and other bits).

I loved the first mass effect and thought mass effect 2 was even better - keeping everyone alive at the end of the 2nd game was quite satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd had my collector's edition copy pre-ordered from Game for months.

Then I got an email saying it wouldn't be honoured and I'd get a £5 voucher instead. Apparently it's because they simply don't have the credit to buy copies to sell on, and they lost their insurance to be able to sell back copies they don't sell.

Thought I'd get it from Amazon instead, stupidly thought I'd order it the next morning, by which time it was sold out, mostly to people selling it for 2-4 times the price on ebay.

Luckily the next day I saw it go up for sale on Play.com during a break at work and got my order in about 20 minutes after they started selling it. 20 minutes after that it was sold out there as well.

Crazy, Game have completely lost my trust and I won't be buying from there again. Sadly I think this might be a pretty hefty nail in Game's coffin.

Haven't bought it yet. If I buy the normal version, can I still use microsoft points to download the extra weapons and missions etc that you get in the collectors edition?
Not sure about the weapons, but you can get the missions.Incidentally, Of course work have sent me away for two nights when I want to be getting stuck into this! Edited by Colinjb

• 4 weeks later...

yeah 35 hours it took me in total. The end is a bit confusing but I do get it. I re did the end bit again just to make sure. The only thing is though the ending kind of gives the game closure so I don't really feel like playing through again.

I don't get what all the hate is for as I though (albeit confusing first time around) the ending kind of closes it off nicely. Possibly what that free extended edition (DLC coming summer time) will add more cut scenes to fill in the gaps.

yeah 35 hours it took me in total. The end is a bit confusing but I do get it. I re did the end bit again just to make sure. The only thing is though the ending kind of gives the game closure so I don't really feel like playing through again.

I don't get what all the hate is for as I though (albeit confusing first time around) the ending kind of closes it off nicely. Possibly what that free extended edition (DLC coming summer time) will add more cut scenes to fill in the gaps.

Did you interpret the ending in the same way I do? (Spoilers: That Shepard had been fighting indoctrination and the final confrontation with Anderson/The Illusive man is a manifestation of this..... and that the 'child' is the visual representation of the Reaper's attempts to manipulate Shepard?)

Sort of but if that was the case then the reapers one as in mine I chose the middle lane which technically means I become a reaper and all organics become half and half which in a sense is a reaper so we actually lose and all become reapers and the cycle starts again.

Edited by JonnyLove

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've played both 1 and 2 but have yet to play number 3. Both were good games. But I preferred the first game as felt like a really grand space game. I liked the mini sandbox side mission planets where you had to explore in the Mako. The second game improved on the weak point of the first game, which was the combat but gave you the more structured path side missions and I didn't like that so much. It took away the feeling of exploring at your own pace. As a result I haven't yet felt the need to rush out and play the 3rd game. I see its only £25 on amazon now and I am tempted to give it a try for that price.

New endings and some additional levels I think.

I believe it's essentially added scenes to the ending a a further clarification of the final few chapters.

The release on the Bioware website says it is best enjoyed if you have a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus base.

• 1 month later...

First DLC to add to the story is out soon. It's called 'Leviathan,' and may provide an answer to the object 'Leviathan of Dis' seen in Mass Effect 1, a giant corpse that is believed to have been a dead Reaper.

[video=youtube_share;eDurT_0Sde0]

• 3 weeks later...
I got Mass Effect 1 recently and while I think it's a great story and game, I just suck balls at it. It barely seems worth getting the others, however good they are. I don't play these sorts of games, I stick to sports games usually. Yet I really like getting into this sort of stuff, I love the depth of the worlds and I'm geeky enough to spend hours playing, I'm just really sh1t! It's just a the fast pace, struggling to move characters around properly. I was brilliant at 2D platform games growing up, now I'm incapable of things 5 years old find easy.

How far did you get in Mass Effect 1?

Probably about half way. Rift station, if that's half way anyway. I'll try and complete it, it's not so much the difficulty as it taking ages and ages because of my own inability to make characters walk around properly!

A good way through. It's really worth percevering with. It does get easier, trust me. I was in a similar position a few years ago when I bought an Xbox.