That Last Minute Sinking Feeling !

eurosaint

Listening to the match on radio Solent yesterday my heart sank as soon as I heard that they had a free kick just outside the box with only seconds of injury time remaining!

I just KNEW that they would sneak the winner !

It has happened so many times under so many managers, so many different defenders, just so many more kicks in the goolies for us to suffer !!

I don't know the statistics but I can't imagine that any other team has been hit late by snipers more often than us !!!

For all the plusses yesterday I just wish that JP could find a way to ease the pain and stop this happening again !!!!!!!

Same for me, you just knew that it would come. Got the same feeling when Bristol R got the freekick in the cup against us.

Just cannot understand how it can be repeated so many times. Different manager, players, tacticts, chairman but doe´s it change?!

Any psychologist will tell you that if you believe that might happen, sure as eggs are eggs, it will happen...

It just means that despite all the chnages in personnel over the last few years the players still have not had the confidence to believe that it won't happen to us and then play accordingly. As fans we are the same.

How often do you see Man U concede a late losing goal or see Australia throw away a cricket game at the death?

Listening to the match on radio Solent yesterday my heart sank as soon as I heard that they had a free kick just outside the box with only seconds of injury time remaining!

I just KNEW that they would sneak the winner !

It has happened so many times under so many managers, so many different defenders, just so many more kicks in the goolies for us to suffer !!

I don't know the statistics but I can't imagine that any other team has been hit late by snipers more often than us !!!

For all the plusses yesterday I just wish that JP could find a way to ease the pain and stop this happening again !!!!!!!

mate,I had excactly that same feeling. I didnt need to listen,I totally knew it was going to be a goal...the cheers from Cardiff-fans just confirmed what I allready knew !

how many times have we conceded late from a set-piece..?? the board changes,the squad changes and manager changes...but some things obviously never change with Saints.

So I am not the only one who gets depressed about last minute free kick premonitions ! It is comforting to know that there are friendly souls out there who share my emotions !

Let's hope that I don't need to start similar threads in the forthcoming season !!

So I am not the only one who gets depressed about last minute free kick premonitions ! It is comforting to know that there are friendly souls out there who share my emotions !

Let's hope that I don't need to start similar threads in the forthcoming season !!

Its a condition that I've had to live with since 1984.

Some days are worse than others.

You might feel inclined to turn to drink,or maybe an uncontrollable outburst of aggression,to run on the pitch,or leap into a crowd and thump some bastard whose emotions are,in contrast to yours,ecstatitic.

The club should really offer a counselling service.Or at least,if theY could afford it.

Its a condition that I've had to live with since 1984.

Some days are worse than others.

You might feel inclined to turn to drink,or maybe an uncontrollable outburst of aggression,to run on the pitch,or leap into a crowd and thump some bastard whose emotions are,in contrast to yours,ecstatitic.

The club should really offer a counselling service.Or at least,if theY could afford it.

90 mins or 120mins makes no difference, although as 84 was before 97 it will soon be purged from the history books

We tend to forget the times that a last minute free kick hasn't gone in. Or when we've scored at the end of a match. Can't offer any stats but we all know it has happened.

Agreed. Ask the Sheff Utd fans how gutted they are after a 93 minute goal goes in for the home sides only shot on target. Sadly the phrase sh*t happens is extremely relevant in football not just Saints.

Yep, me too. Sat listening on Solent with my son I said, This is it - goal to Cardiff. He's still blaming me today. It is spooky, though, like some collective consciousness thing. We KNEW. It wasn't like normal pessimism, or saying the worst & wishing for it not to happen, we just bl00dy knew....

It,s happened so many times over the years.My son used to cry when it happened when he was little,then he used to just sulk off to his room.On Saturday when I said " told you they would let one in " , he threatened to fill me in.My son,s a grown man now,but my club still makes me despair with these naive late goals.

Any psychologist will tell you that if you believe that might happen, sure as eggs are eggs, it will happen...

?

Nonsense, Im sorry, I always believed Clare Grogan would see sense move to Gosport and shack up with a younger man

Did it happen, did it F**k

bela bela