Palace away

• 2 weeks later...
Normally an hour and 5 minutes to Clapham, enough extra travelling time to be annoying, not enough for it to really be off putting though.

depends which train you get ;-) its not enough to put anyone off i would hope.

half an hour extra on a train = bring another couple of beers

tbf, i live in london so no biggy, except i see the same **** on the saturday for the skates game. annoying

depends which train you get ;-) its not enough to put anyone off i would hope.

half an hour extra on a train = bring another couple of beers

tbf, i live in london so no biggy, except i see the same **** on the saturday for the skates game. annoying

Agreed on the Skates game front, I'll be coming via London and was hoping to get into town early doors so this means a ridiculously early start now.

Agreed on the Skates game front, I'll be coming via London and was hoping to get into town early doors so this means a ridiculously early start now.

Embrace it as a completely valid excuse to start drinking at 8am.

I almost felt compelled to explain to the person who served me a box of beers at 8.10 on Saturday morning, that I was going to London for a football match and that she shouldn't f*cking look at me like I'm some sort of scumbag alcoholic.

may be worth checking about travelling via reading, could save you some time.. think i'll probably end up coming down on the friday and staying over now

How are you getting that Jan? Only options coming up for me are go Mon, return Tuesday! =/

You can't buy GroupSave tickets online, if you want to buy in advance (no real advantage of doing so), you'd have to do so at a station ticket office.

Also, the online booking systems don't appear to recognise that the 9th is a bank holiday, so the fares are ****ing ridiculous :facepalm:

How are you getting that Jan? Only options coming up for me are go Mon, return Tuesday! =/

these groupsave deals seem to disappear from the net once saints away games are on i've noticed, worth popping down the station and buying them at the window in advance.

You can't buy GroupSave tickets online, if you want to buy in advance (no real advantage of doing so), you'd have to do so at a station ticket office.

Also, the online booking systems don't appear to recognise that the 9th is a bank holiday, so the fares are ****ing ridiculous :facepalm:

used to be able to mate, is that the case now and it is window only? doesn't seem fair to do that.

Got group save from Soton to East Croydon and then East Croydon to Thornton Heath via Barnham for less than £10 each which is a good deal, more money to spend in the pub. We went to the station and got our tickets but it did also give me the option on Wednesday night of booking these online.

Got group save from Soton to East Croydon and then East Croydon to Thornton Heath via Barnham for less than £10 each which is a good deal, more money to spend in the pub. We went to the station and got our tickets but it did also give me the option on Wednesday night of booking these online.

Worth bearing in mind that the "via Barnham" route takes almost twice as long as going via Clapham Junction and there's only one an hour (if you're lucky)

Phoned SWT up earlier £30 group savers, £7.50 each. However Hedge end to thornton heath, takes 4 hours and you need to go via fratton!
Ha ha 4 hours to Palace, good luck with that. Save you a few quid though, drink a load of cans rather than spend it down the pub.

Anyone have any idea of how many tickets have been sold already?

More to the point, will there be any left for GS on Wednesday? It is quite a large allocation.

Gonna be a close call I'd say. We're now getting extra tickets in batches of around 1,000, which appear to be selling quickly as soon as we get them. Another 900 went on sale yesterday so that's 5,000 we've already had. Palace will give us another final 800 of the 5,800 probably tomorrow and then, if you're still waiting, it's just a case of fingers crossed to see if they release the extra 'sterile' areas which could get us up around 7,000.