Attending football is for mugs

AwaySaint1

The post below that I have copied from another thread makes me feel sick and should be read by everyone.

Just got back.

After the game I was walking back to the city center with a mate when we came across a small crowd gathered around two guy's laying on the floor.

When we got closer we discovered that they were saints fans and that they were both out cold laying in pools of blood. They were both being first aided by someone who looked like he knew what he was doing. Apparently some Cardiff Tw*@ts ran across the road from the pub they were in and hit these poor bastards with a scaffold pole. They looked in a seriously bad way. The OB were just arriving but it was really hairy there so we decided to get out while the going was good. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. I am not an angel myself fisty cuffs and so on but bloody scaffold poles? thats attempted murder if you ask me.

Does anyone on here know the guys and if so how are they? I would offer any help I could in evidence etc but only really got there just after it all happened. I'd seriously like to see those Cun** stoned to death for such a cowardly attack. No place in society for attacks like that let alone in the name of football.

Edited by AwaySaint1

The post below that I have copied from another thread makes me feel sick and should be read by everyone.

One can only hope that modern technology in the form of CCTV will have captured the entire thing on camera and that pictures of these moronic thugs will be broadcast over their local media. Undoubtedly these twa*s will be boasting about how well 'ard they are to anybody who will listen and it is only a matter of time that word spreads to somebody intelligent enough to realise that instead of being something to be proud about, it could easily have ended in a murder charge and that person will report their names to the police. Hopefully, if a prosecution ensues for attempted murder, having seen the CCTV footage, a suitably horrified jury will throw the book at these sub-species morons, lock them up and throw away the key.

One can only hope that modern technology in the form of CCTV will have captured the entire thing on camera and that pictures of these moronic thugs will be broadcast over their local media. Undoubtedly these twa*s will be boasting about how well 'ard they are to anybody who will listen and it is only a matter of time that word spreads to somebody intelligent enough to realise that instead of being something to be proud about, it could easily have ended in a murder charge and that person will report their names to the police. Hopefully, if a prosecution ensues for attempted murder, having seen the CCTV footage, a suitably horrified jury will throw the book at these sub-species morons, lock them up and throw away the key.

But we know that wont happen!

But we know that wont happen!

Yes, I'm afraid you're probably right. After all, the jury will probably conclude that as the victims were wearing Saints shirts, they probably started it by being lippy. The defence will probably paint the perpetrators as being victims of society, coming from broken homes, living on estates where violence is a way of life, having watched too many violent films, or playing computer games where blood and gore is sprayed everywhere and where violence and yobbish behaviour is glorified. They might get an ASBO which they will wear as a badge of honour, or a slap on the wrist such as a few hours of community service which they will treat as a huge joke.

With more normal people, it is helpful to show them the effect on the victims families where somebody is killed from similar actions, the upset mothers, the grieving widow or the children whose father was taken away from them. But this sort of tactic is wasted on cretins like this, as they do not have the brains to understand, unless of course it happens to their loved ones.

Yes, I'm afraid you're probably right. After all, the jury will probably conclude that as the victims were wearing Saints shirts, they probably started it by being lippy. The defence will probably paint the perpetrators as being victims of society, coming from broken homes, living on estates where violence is a way of life, having watched too many violent films, or playing computer games where blood and gore is sprayed everywhere and where violence and yobbish behaviour is glorified. They might get an ASBO which they will wear as a badge of honour, or a slap on the wrist such as a few hours of community service which they will treat as a huge joke.

With more normal people, it is helpful to show them the effect on the victims families where somebody is killed from similar actions, the upset mothers, the grieving widow or the children whose father was taken away from them. But this sort of tactic is wasted on cretins like this, as they do not have the brains to understand, unless of course it happens to their loved ones.

You weren't there and are a million miles away from the truth so keep your guestimates and sterotypical bullsh1t to yourself.

Mixed yesterday IMO - was a nervous (more than normal) of trouble yesterday, arrived in the city and was greeted with "English Scum" from some chaps outside the POW pub. Then taking a bus back to the city after the game there was a commotion and a few insults hurled.

Went to the walkabout in the eve & speaking to a few Cardiff fans who were very friendly so all in all was mixed....shame that a small minority ruin things!

Hope the guys involved in the trouble are ok.

Well, why don't you tell us the truth of it then?
Think you can assume our more casual element went looking for trouble. This post on one of the thug forums would appear to back that up...
Yes fish boy, we came off worse.

When have your lot in recent years taken it to someone in a place like Cardiff?

Keep on about Tesco etc and internet firm ********... the FACT is that Saints took it to Cardiff, walking to their boozers and calling it on to THEM

Of course the lads that went there never stood a chance of coming out on top, but hey, at least they went looking, found, and stood their ground.

Now tell me when P*mpey have had a show in Cardiff?