Saints vs Reading in Brooklyn, NY.

Hi all,

Any ex-pat Saints in NYC? We're visiting friends in Park Slope for a couple of weeks in April and looking for somewhere to watch the all important clash with Reading on the 13th. Are there any bars that show the English games live and that are likely to have this game on? Happy to cross the river to Manhattan if necessary. Would be great to have some fellow Saints to watch the game with too!

Cheers.

You could try the Black Horse Pub - 568 5th Ave (between W Prospect Park & 16th St) in Park Slope, has a decent reputation.

In the city there's Legends Sports Bar, Nevada Smiths and loads of others.

Download the Yelp application for phone or have a read before you head over.

I'm traveling for work most weekends in April but if I'm around for the Reading game I'll probably end up in a bar watching it.

Enjoy the trip.

That game is on a Friday? Then Nevada Smiths in Manhattan will almost certainly be showing it. I'm not an ex-pat but I can likely come out to watch it with you, as I think I will be between jobs that week.

Excellent, thanks guys. I was hoping that we'd be able to catch the Reading game in NY as its televised over here but I'm not sure I'd have booked the trip if I'd known how big that game was going to be!

@ NY Saint The Black Horse looks a good bet as its a only few blocks from where were staying. If not, both Nevada Smiths and Legends look good. I'll PM you the week of the game to see if you're around for a beer.

@ Dan W. I hadn't intended to pigeon hole my post to ex-pats alone! I assume you're a Saints fan? We'll end up in a bar for sure so I'll PM you that week to see if you're still up for watching the game over a beer. Where we end up will likely depend on our plans that day.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent, thanks guys. I was hoping that we'd be able to catch the Reading game in NY as its televised over here but I'm not sure I'd have booked the trip if I'd known how big that game was going to be!

@ NY Saint The Black Horse looks a good bet as its a only few blocks from where were staying. If not, both Nevada Smiths and Legends look good. I'll PM you the week of the game to see if you're around for a beer.

@ Dan W. I hadn't intended to pigeon hole my post to ex-pats alone! I assume you're a Saints fan? We'll end up in a bar for sure so I'll PM you that week to see if you're still up for watching the game over a beer. Where we end up will likely depend on our plans that day.

I'll probably be at the Legends sports bar with NY Saint (this time...downstairs haha) but I won't be there early as I have something until 2:15 or so. Hope you can make it.

Any idea whereabouts in Park Slope you'll be? If you're close to 4th Avenue it would be easiest to take the N or R subway to 33rd Street. We'll be in the shadow of the Empire State Building on 33rd Street close to the corner of 5th Ave. We'll be downstairs (Ha! Sorry about that Dan). This really is the most important game we'll being playing in recent memory.

You lot enjoy!

Us hillbillys have to tape it, avoid it for a couple of hours and watch it when we get home. Can think of worse things to be doing though & surely this game has to better than the Leicester one earlier in the season. I sense a famous 4-0 SFC win.

Hope so Rut. I'd love for us to win this but wouldn't be disappointed with a share of the points. Enjoy the delay and with any luck you'll be able to avoid text, email and phonecalls.

You lot enjoy!

Us hillbillys have to tape it, avoid it for a couple of hours and watch it when we get home. Can think of worse things to be doing though & surely this game has to better than the Leicester one earlier in the season. I sense a famous 4-0 SFC win.

You lot enjoy!

Yeah, good luck with that. I usually fail to avoid some mention of it somewhere when recording!