Can you cook?

SNSUN

Today I decided to let the Domino's pizza man have a rest, and cooked myself some Pasta and a rich tomato sauce.

Bloody horrible it was.

Are any of you good in the kitchen, or are the best things you can make reservations?

I dont have to I have a woman for that. The lazy cow had to go to day surgery the other day and so I had to cook the evening meal.Just out of interest as Im sure youd like to know what I did. Virgin oil stir fried sliced chicken breast cooked to a golden brown, with lemon juice and celery, that was accompanied with roasted peppers and cherry tomatos with a splash of chilli oil, and then served on a bed of rocket.Mwahhh it was lovely.

I cooked our family roast dinner today. Roast Beef, Tatties, Roasted Veg, Home Made Yorkshire and home made gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thing is my missues hates it as the kids says mine is better :0

Roast beet, that sounds lovely. Do you pickle it first?

My cheese cake is by far better than yours 'bridge too far'

I thought I would let you know of this.

Thank you for letting me know.:)

FYI I make mine absolutely from scratch. No packet mixes for me.

Crumbed digestive or ginger biscuits

Cottage cheese, cream cheese forced through a sieve

Cream

Gelatine

Egg whites

Lemon juice

Decorated with either kiwi fruit or mandarin segments

Now tell me your recipe. I'm on the look-out for a good baked cheesecake recipe.

Cream

Gelatine

Egg whites

Lemon juice

Now tell me your recipe. I'm on the look-out for a good baked cheesecake recipe.

you sound great, ex exotic dancer and make a lovely mandarin topped cheesecake, dont tell me you brew beer as well

Virgin oil ....

....Mwahhh it was lovely.

I bet it was, do they sell it in tesco's?

I too cooked a roast (for 9) today, my gravy was disappointing, but I was taught to make fantastic roast potatoes by my nan, and they are super crispy gorgeous.

I do find though, that when I cook dinner I require praise and 'reward' for my efforts, but when it's her turn, I expect her to just get on with it - funny that.

I do find though, that when I cook dinner I require praise and 'reward' for my efforts, but when it's her turn, I expect her to just get on with it - funny that.

Of course as you have lowered yourself to womans work, that deserves praise.

Cream

Gelatine

Egg whites

Lemon juice

I presume you bake your own biscuits then?

I find cooking good fun although I can never be arsed with desserts.

I think most people become better cooks and a bit more adventurous as they get older mainly because they lived on parental food for years and then packet stuff as they moved out or became students. When you get to 30 plus you also start thinking about all the crap which is in some of the packet and tinned stuff and also how expensive it is in comparison to making your own sauces etc from basic ingredients.

I am a dab hand with mediterranean cooking these days and also with Indian, Chinese etc because in many cases you just start with the same things and flavour or cook it a bit differently. Piece of ****.

I know this doesn't apply to Buzz of course as he has got it all sussed at the age of 16... :)

Edited by TopGun
p1ss used to get through the old swear filter though.

I can cook well, how the **** do you balls up pasta and tomato sauce?!

Quite easily if you have the cooking prowess that I do. Firstly, I undercooked the pasta, which meant it was crunchy. In addition I forgot to add salt and olive oil to the water before boiling the pasta which meant it all stuck the the edge of the saucepan. In addition x2 the saucepan boiled dry.

Vis a vis the sauce, I forgot the tomato puree, added Canderel instead of sugar because I couldn't find any in the house, and forgot the salt. (Although I added it later).

To be fair, it was edible, has kept me going all day, and hasn't yet given me the squits, so there's an upside to it all. If I make it again, I'll be doing it with more caution.

You wouldn't believe I used to be a chef in a Harvester for a year when I was 16, would you...

...actually you probably would, if you've ever eaten in a Harvester..

Pfft. If it's anything like that mycoprotein 'quorn'' date=' I wouldn't touch it. I'm going to have to find another project, will look for a gelatine-less dessert recipe to labour over and pass the time with tomorrow.[/quote']

You can still make cheesecake without the gelatine. You end up with a slightly messier, collapsed effect, rather than a firm triangular slice when you cut it, but it still tastes good, and for me the texture is better than the slightly 'jellified' affect that you get with a gelatine set one.

Quite easily if you have the cooking prowess that I do. Firstly, I undercooked the pasta, which meant it was crunchy. In addition I forgot to add salt and olive oil to the water before boiling the pasta which meant it all stuck the the edge of the saucepan. In addition x2 the saucepan boiled dry.

Vis a vis the sauce, I forgot the tomato puree, added Canderel instead of sugar because I couldn't find any in the house, and forgot the salt. (Although I added it later).

To be fair, it was edible, has kept me going all day, and hasn't yet given me the squits, so there's an upside to it all. If I make it again, I'll be doing it with more caution.

You wouldn't believe I used to be a chef in a Harvester for a year when I was 16, would you...

That's not cooking, it's heating up frozen food.

Did you see that programme on BBC a couple of weeks ago about a Harvester? And then last week about an Italian restaurant in SoHo?

I'm seriously questioning whether to eat in a restaurant again after seeing those two. Having said that, my daughter, Mr TF and I all had horrible gut-rot after having Domino's Pizzas on Saturday :( So even take-out isn't safe IMO.

That's not cooking, it's heating up frozen food.

Correct Miss Plass. Principally though I was the bar food/starter chef, so I didn't even do that. My job was just to put menu items on the same plate in a "neat" way.