Drinking peterborough away

PinkScarf

Where are Saints Fans going Drinking before the Peterborough Game ? :)

The Girls went last season and the ground is ok - but a mismatch and really League One ...

On the away Guide near the Station is the Brewery tap - the Cherry Tree and Palmerston on Oundle Road or Charters (Dutch Barge) on the River.

See Barney seems a regular on the Bench now !!! ;)

Last year we started in the Brewery Tap - very civilised and brew their own ales - and then ended up on Charters, which had a good atmosphere (porobably becuase it was near the ground and was rammed full of fans!). Beer was also good there. I'd recommend either, but if you're claustrophobic you may find Charters a bit too much after an hour.

Where are Saints Fans going Drinking before the Peterborough Game ? :)

The Girls went last season and the ground is ok - but a mismatch and really League One ...

On the away Guide near the Station is the Brewery tap - the Cherry Tree and Palmerston on Oundle Road or Charters (Dutch Barge) on the River.

See Barney seems a regular on the Bench now !!! ;)

Where ever your not!!

Hi guys , Peterborough Fan in peace, If you are looking for a away friendly pub not far from the ground, (5 minute walk) then look no further than the Cherry Tree on Oundle Road Peterborough, PE2 9PB, its a friendly local pub who also welcome children , with a large beer garden , with covered area, selling a range of your normal lagers , ciders and bitters, and also 4 real ales from handpumps, CAMRA recognised.

A wide range of snacks and meals are served before the game and there is also Car Parking available whilst you are at the game for just £2.50 per car or £5.00 per minibus.

Janet and Tony and the team will be more than happy to welcome you for drinks before and after for what could be your promotion party.

If any of you require any further information or directions just give me a shout.

Hope to see you for some pre match chat and banter .

we drank in the cherry tree last season,good pub,home and away fans,near to the ground,good atmosphere.

Cherry Tree seems to be the best bet !!!!

Barney seems to be working hard in the Squad - awaiting his chance to make an impact from the Bench ;)

There is a pub next to the macdonalds entrance/exit from the queensgate (in the corner of the cathedral square) that is a good option for those wanting a drink on the way from the station. It should be easy to get served there not being so close to the ground. Avoid that barge, terrible beer at extortionate rates and it'll be packed.

CFSFC - You're such a WUSS !!! :)

As long as Saints Win - the Girls will be happy !!

Not many games left now for Barney to make an impact ! ;)

Go and read hello magazine or do some washing up. Next thing we know there will be women linesMEN

Go and read hello magazine or do some washing up. Next thing we know there will be women linesMEN

Now the Girls all know you're a WUSS - and so do all the other Posters - when you resort to Sexism (it was only a joke, love !!) above supporting the SAINTS !! :)

You don't drink at the Pubs anyway or go to many games probably - enjoy your coach journey up and your cocoa (if your WIFE allows you the money to go to the game !!) ;)

Come on the Saints !!

Thanks BrettskiPUFC!

What time does the Cherry tree open? I'm still debating whether to arrive mid-afternoon and settle down for a few early beers or play it safe and arrive at 18.30 for one quick beer before the game.

Hi there will be open from 12 o clock ,

Hi there will be open from 12 o clock ,

Cherry Tree seems to be the fans favoured Option and Charters the Dutch Barge on the River Nene. :)

See Barney is in Salisbury Court before the beak today !! GOOD LUCK BARNEY !!

Come on the Saints.

There are several pubs on the Oundle Road. If you're driving there's one just after you come off the nene parkway (dual carriageway). The Gordon Arms. Never been in but it looks nice from the outside and they do meals.

There are several pubs on the Oundle Road. If you're driving there's one just after you come off the nene parkway (dual carriageway). The Gordon Arms. Never been in but it looks nice from the outside and they do meals.

I've been told there is a decent real ale pub near/on a barge close to the ground. If this a FACT?

I've been told there is a decent real ale pub near/on a barge close to the ground. If this a FACT?

I'd avoid that barge if i was you. Over priced and cramped and I didn't rate the beer. They stock a lot of Oakham Ales real ale which is a micro brewery near me which I don't rate. Horrible flat yellow coloured stuff. The red gimps were in there before the game too.

I'd avoid that barge if i was you. Over priced and cramped and I didn't rate the beer. They stock a lot of Oakham Ales real ale which is a micro brewery near me which I don't rate. Horrible flat yellow coloured stuff. The red gimps were in there before the game too.

The reason the barge have a lot of Oakham Ales is because its owned by Oakham Ales Brewery, as said in previous post the Cherry Tree does 5 real ales including TImothy Taylor Landlord which is a permanent real ale and 3 or 4 guest beers, i am attempting to find out what they have on at the minute and if i get a reply i will post on here, hopr to see some of you tonight ........

In response to previous post, The Cherry Tree is serving Timothy Taylor Landlord, Golden Kiwi and Inferno , there should be one other available tonight as well .

Dont forget secure car parking at £2.50 a car or £5.00 per minibus and a full range of snacks and bar meals available all evening and just a 5 minute walk to the ground.

In response to previous post, The Cherry Tree is serving Timothy Taylor Landlord, Golden Kiwi and Inferno , there should be one other available tonight as well .

Dont forget secure car parking at £2.50 a car or £5.00 per minibus and a full range of snacks and bar meals available all evening and just a 5 minute walk to the ground.

You sound like Judith Chalmers.