SWF Mixtapes

Pancake

I loved the 10 or so Mixtapes we made earlier this year, but now are on this new forum, we arent allowed to post stuff like that anymore

So, has anyone got any ideas of a way we can still do it but without the legally dubious file sharing bit?

We could knock up tracklisting and post them, leaving the ball in the others users' court to compile the track and play them?

Hmmmm... there MUST be a better way. Maybe setting up a simple free forum somewhere purely devoted to it?

I have napster, so providing the tracks selected were on there I can get them legally and send free copies to anyone who wanted them. For a small 'donation' to the 'Covering Ben's CD purchasing fund' charity. Lets not use precise amounts but about 50p should cover it!

Technically thats about as illegal as posting the mixes up on 'ere.

Surely if you mixed them together and posted the entire MP3 file in fairly low quality on something like Zshare or Yousendit for live streaming, then there wouldn't be any legal issues with that would there?

There would I am afraid, muxtape closed down recently and that was a similar thing.

The only way to do it would be youtube links or something, you cannot share music online without cutting in the license holder. Unless you concentrate on out of copyright works.

And then Opentape replaced it.

http://opentape.fm/

No need to thank me. But you can if you like.

It is a bit different though isn't it? Why can I not find other people mixes? Am I being a div? I am not a massive fan of illegal downloading but I think the action taken against muxtape was silly, I miss it so.

Either way I had no idea that such a thing existed, thank you muchly.

My posts are limited, so you should feel extra special.

• 5 months later...
Spotify anyone? You can link to your playlists I think, means we could legally share mix tapes again, if enough people are in...

Hmm. you'd be surprised how many tracks Spotify doesn't have. The other day, of 6 entries I typed in, there was no record of 3 of them. So mixlists would have to be Spotify verified first, before being submitted.

Hmm. you'd be surprised how many tracks Spotify doesn't have. The other day, of 6 entries I typed in, there was no record of 3 of them. So mixlists would have to be Spotify verified first, before being submitted.

Make it even more of a challenge then I guess, you have to work within certain constraints (20 songs, limited selection to work from, making a mix that flows well)

;)

I'm in. Put me down for one.

2 of us them at least.

I'll collect names for a week and then work out what to do from there. I would think that 1 mix per fortnight would be a good idea as 1 per week last time did end up overloading us all a bit.