Gears of War 2

Baj

A big gears of war fan mate of mine (got that's a hard sentence to write), is popping over this evening and we're going to play about 4 hours straight in co-op, so will let you know properly what it's like

Stunning. Some of the visuals as you get further into the game are draw droppingly good, one level in particular (think moby ****) is awesome, and some of the lighting effects on later levels are those moments when you just have to ignore the enemy and admire the graphics.

Gameplay wise its not a lot more over the original, and the story does seem a bit odd at some points, more liked tagged on to the story for the sake of a different scenario.

Duration wise, we played about 4 1/2 hours and were about half way through (from what i can see online).

Well i have played it for a good 5 hours now. Awesome game thus far. Probably the best shooter i have played to be honest. Also im not normally someone who gives a crap about graphics but some of the visuals in it are simply stunning. The rain effects are the best ive seen. Deffinatly worth the high metascore it has got. Unlike some other games ive played recently!

Is it worth getting if you havent played the first installment?

Also, is it a 1st or 3rd person shooter?

3rd.

I'm trying to complete the first one at the moment. Once I've done that I'm gonna buy the second one.

the first is so cheap now I'd probably try doing them in order so you understand the storyline.

Finished the story yesturday, twas pretty epic throughout, great stuff! Well, apart from the disapointing ending, was over really rather fast, and didnt put up much of a fight.

Onto the years of multiplayer madness now!! :D

yeah i sorta had the same feeling, i only realised that was "it" when the reward popped up.

Which ending did you get? There are 3.

I got rescued by a boat and loads of splicers popped up in little escape submersibles. I was getting some rant from the woman who looked after the kids. That seemed harsh because I only harvested the very first one, the rest I saved.

I got rescued by a boat and loads of splicers popped up in little escape submersibles. I was getting some rant from the woman who looked after the kids. That seemed harsh because I only harvested the very first one, the rest I saved.

If you kill most she's even angrier. If you save them all it's some weird gay thing.

Been playing it since I picked it up in Tesco for £15 (incorrectly placed as GOW 1 in the 2 for £30 section - and they honoured it!) but I'm stuck at the queen's dude with the big chainsaw who keeps flipping me up and cutting me in half, bastard. Any tips gratefully received.