Not the Exeter pre-match build up

Professor

No doubt the admins will put up an official thread, and this is not really pre-match build-up. Just wondering if people feel JP should play his strongest side to give them another game together before Saturday's big game at the SMS? Should he rest Killer? Or if not resting others, should he make max use of subs during the game? Very important that we perform well on Saturday whilst the cup game hardly matters, except losing it would damage confidence. How strong a side should he play?

We should put out a strong side IMO as at this stage of the season a good result is more important than resting players (Svensson aside). A win could be beneficial for this young side and help build some confidence ahead of an important home match next Saturday .

Would love to see young Joseph 'fish' Mills given a run out , as there seems to be a good deal of raw talent in him .

No chance Svensson will play. I think the squad should be a mixture of his first XI and fringe players. Something like...

[b]Bialkowski

Hatch         Thomas           Perry              Mills

Wotton         Gillett

Wright-Phillips         Lallana                  Dyer

John[/b]
Subs;
Davis
Surman
McGoldrick
Schneiderlin
Holmes

That looks a pretty good call to me !

Let's face it, if we can't beat Exeter with any combination of our 1st team squad we'll be back to square one and the total football revolution will be looking decidedly shaky !

No chance Svensson will play. I think the squad should be a mixture of his first XI and fringe players. Something like...

Bialkowski

Hatch         Thomas           Perry              Mills

Wotton         Gillett

Wright-Phillips         Lallana                  Dyer

John

Subs;
Davis
Surman
McGoldrick
Schneiderlin
Holmes

Yes, I agree. I would like to see that Team tommorrow as easier to get to Exeter than St Mary's for me.

I think it would be a perfect opportunity to give Hatch, Mills, Paterson and White all a run out. Rest some of our younger players (Lallana and Gillet) and get John 90 minutes.

Sounds like Holmes may be a little injured and needs a rest so get Thomson and Dyer working the wings.

Exciting days ahead!

Killer is deffo not playing tomorrow, he stated that on Radio Hants in the 3rd Half on Saturday. I would think that was always the plan, its one thing playing 90 minutes, but to do it again 72 hours later for a rather meaningless cup match would be foolish in the extreme.

Other thn Killer JP should keep the same team. What we need is consistent selections, unlike the continual tinkering of Burley. He should play his best available team and use this game as another step to getting them to know each other's game.

I'm surprised so many people are leaving McGoldrick out of their starting line-ups. If a striker is on a run of goals you don't drop him, especially against opposition where there's a good chance he'll be able to extend that run. I'd start with McGoldrick but bring John on for him early in the second half.

The club, in the light of their financial situation, will surely be looking for a good run in the cup competitions. It would be a surprise to me if they made many changes. Thomas for Svennson, with John one of the substitutes. Maybe Bialkowski in goal.

I'm surprised so many people are leaving McGoldrick out of their starting line-ups. If a striker is on a run of goals you don't drop him, especially against opposition where there's a good chance he'll be able to extend that run. I'd start with McGoldrick but bring John on for him early in the second half.

Indeed, just give him 60/70 mins. or a bit less if we have a comfortable lead.