We tried to sign Mills?

Master Bates

I reckon we were interested in another free transfer but when someone started mentioning £300k we suddenly decided he was rubbish after all .

agree with the first part of your sentence but not the end. Center halfs get better with age and experience Matt was part of the golden age of our Academy and even though it is still being bigged up the players, imo, are not as good as the class of Matt Mills etc

He was on loan there so probably the best move for him - already knowing the team/coach.

Killer Fan ??? How exactly does this show how **** we are ?

Can I mention Schneiderlin ??? No - not a defender but whats looking to be a great buy - we can't have them all mate.

I doubt we did. More likely the "journalist" did some poor research and got his previous club and teams in for him mixed up in an attempt to make it look like a job well done for Doncaster.

Have to agree with this, surely if we were interested and lost out then we would be in the market for someone else. As it stands no-one has been signed or rumours of anyone being linked.