A Good Idea

Son of Bob

Rather than have multiple threads covering numerous topics in this forum let's just have one giant thread. Every single so-called discussion started on here descends into the same mind-numbingly boring arguments, being argued by the same mind-numbingly boring 'forum personalities' so why waste time with seperate topics? They all end up in exactly the same place anyway.

Could there not just be a thread specifically set up for the "forum personalities" to discuss their differences rather than clogging up every single thread. They can still comment constructively on the other threads but if they want to comment on eachothers posts they can do it on their own? Would make reading the forum much less of a waste of time.

I just use the first page rule now. When a new topic has been started just read the first page of posts. After that the usual suspects will have started contributing and it will have morphed into the same dull 'have I heard that somewhere before' bickering that is sadly the norm these days.

Another good idea would be a poll at the top of the page asking who you would most like to see banned from SW. The 1/3 posters with the most votes get banned (they can have their fiver refunded). Surely seeing as we pay our money we should get some say?

The fact that Alpine Saint wouldnt even make my top 3 says a lot about how the forum has gone recently.

Rather than have multiple threads covering numerous topics in this forum let's just have one giant thread. Every single so-called discussion started on here descends into the same mind-numbingly boring arguments, being argued by the same mind-numbingly boring 'forum personalities' so why waste time with seperate topics? They all end up in exactly the same place anyway.

We have already suggested the "MLG/Turkish Stadium Love-In" - although to his credit Turkish has tried to back away from the same stuff on and on in the last week or so. MLG could do with learning to bite less, and I say that as someone with dangerously similar tendencies but 20 years' more experience of wasting my time and energy responding to it...

We have already suggested the "MLG/Turkish Stadium Love-In" - although to his credit Turkish has tried to back away from the same stuff on and on in the last week or so. MLG could do with learning to bite less, and I say that as someone with dangerously similar tendencies but 20 years' more experience of wasting my time and energy responding to it...

Another good idea would be a poll at the top of the page asking who you would most like to see banned from SW. The 1/3 posters with the most votes get banned (they can have their fiver refunded). Surely seeing as we pay our money we should get some say?

The fact that Alpine Saint wouldnt even make my top 3 says a lot about how the forum has gone recently.

I'm considering the interesting experiment of blocking all of the contributions of all of the people who contribute to the same old same old, just to see what's left on the board. I suspect it'll just be more talking to myself (with no-one else choosing to see it) and Appy telling me I hate Rickie Lambert if that's the case though. :)

I'm considering the interesting experiment of blocking all of the contributions of all of the people who contribute to the same old same old, just to see what's left on the board. I suspect it'll just be more talking to myself (with no-one else choosing to see it) and Appy telling me I hate Rickie Lambert if that's the case though. :)

If you don't like to hear posts from posters that bore you, why don't you put them on ignore. That way you won't see their posts and you won't need to start a thread about having to read posts from posters that bore you.

Was that you volunteering for his list ?

If you don't like to hear posts from posters that bore you, why don't you put them on ignore. That way you won't see their posts and you won't need to start a thread about having to read posts from posters that bore you.

Was that you volunteering for his list ?

1. They get quoted anyway

2. The issue isn't only seeing their posts, its the way it's dragged off subject/hijacked.

3. We shouldn't really have to

2. The issue isn't only seeing their posts, its the way it's dragged off subject/hijacked.

Fair points. Maybe the solution is (as I've been trying to do a little bit), trying to drag threads back on topic ? Could be something for the mods to interject with. Maybe we all need to be a little less thread-drifty... he says on a thread about having one giant thread... :)

Fair points. Maybe the solution is (as I've been trying to do a little bit), trying to drag threads back on topic ? Could be something for the mods to interject with. Maybe we all need to be a little less thread-drifty... he says on a thread about having one giant thread... :)

There probably aren't enough mods, and from what I've seen, with the greatest of respect, the moderation often leaves a lot to be desired, in that it often just winds people up more. In an ideal world, posters would self-moderate, ignore stuff they don't think is appropriate, and simply act themselves as they would like others to, but there are clearly many who are incapable of this, and who don't respect the primary purpose of the place.

There probably aren't enough mods, and from what I've seen, with the greatest of respect, the moderation often leaves a lot to be desired, in that it often just winds people up more. In an ideal world, posters would self-moderate, ignore stuff they don't think is appropriate, and simply act themselves as they would like others to, but there are clearly many who are incapable of this, and who don't respect the primary purpose of the place.

Pretty much agree with comments, I like some of the offending posters comments it's just the way it goes off topic.

Ironically this thread could go off topic and start talking Saints, football etc.:)

I agree..its great hearing opinions on the games from people who were actually there, whether they agree or not...its the sniping and and other arse that is frustrating.

Pretty much agree with comments, I like some of the offending posters comments it's just the way it goes off topic.

Ironically this thread could go off topic and start talking Saints, football etc.:)

I agree..its great hearing opinions on the games from people who were actually there, whether they agree or not...its the sniping and and other arse that is frustrating.

We could just have a special thread for Turkish to pick on MLG, and a few sad gits to join him -- that alone would stop half the problem.

THIS. Some of these bores are just ruining what used to be a great forum for us saints fans. Why cant they all settle there differences somewhere else?

We could just have a special thread for Turkish to pick on MLG, and a few sad gits to join him -- that alone would stop half the problem.

THIS. Some of these bores are just ruining what used to be a great forum for us saints fans. Why cant they all settle there differences somewhere else?

Spoken like a true ex-admin! Would never have happened in our day would it? ;)

Spoken like a true ex-admin! Would never have happened in our day would it? ;)

I am going to put myself up for a some grief here but anyway,

It happens both ways. Yes, MLG gets on peoples nerves pulling them up on stuff, so therefore people try to catch him out and yes Turkish is the main offender her, with maybe Hypo 2nd. However, there are even greater number of people who are ready to jump on the band wagon to moan about this happening even when it is not.

For example, last week there was a thread posted by MLG about the improvements to the ground/training ground. I was involved, posted (very politely) asking MLG about how the improvements compared to the improvements other clubs were making. Turkish posted, was a little direct, a little sarcastic but nothing special. There was then almost a full page of people moaning about turkish doing this, ironically saying the thread had been hijacked (as they hijacked it) and saying Turkish was bullying MLG. Now this may or may not have happened before but I could not see it happening on that thread.

I then posted, saying that I could not see it, a bit of an argument developed, I then asked if someone could post a quote of where Turkish was bullying and nothing. More people were then happy to moan about Turkish bullying and because I defended him on that thread, we then became Turkish and Tokyo and apparently we were both bullying MLG. I again asked if anyone could quote evidence of ME bulling MLG on that thread and nothing.

Now I am not Turkish's friend, I don't know him, have argued with him myself in the past but was annoyed at the band wagon jumpers moaning about something that wasn't there and then again moaning that the thread had been hijacked, while doing the very same thing themselves. For saying this, I am now a troll? Or a Bully?

I am going to put myself up for a some grief here but anyway,

It happens both ways. Yes, MLG gets on peoples nerves pulling them up on stuff, so therefore people try to catch him out and yes Turkish is the main offender her, with maybe Hypo 2nd. However, there are even greater number of people who are ready to jump on the band wagon to moan about this happening even when it is not.

For example, last week there was a thread posted by MLG about the improvements to the ground/training ground. I was involved, posted (very politely) asking MLG about how the improvements compared to the improvements other clubs were making. Turkish posted, was a little direct, a little sarcastic but nothing special. There was then almost a full page of people moaning about turkish doing this, ironically saying the thread had been hijacked (as they hijacked it) and saying Turkish was bullying MLG. Now this may or may not have happened before but I could not see it happening on that thread.

I then posted, saying that I could not see it, a bit of an argument developed, I then asked if someone could post a quote of where Turkish was bullying and nothing. More people were then happy to moan about Turkish bullying and because I defended him on that thread, we then became Turkish and Tokyo and apparently we were both bullying MLG. I again asked if anyone could quote evidence of ME bulling MLG on that thread and nothing.

Now I am not Turkish's friend, I don't know him, have argued with him myself in the past but was annoyed at the band wagon jumpers moaning about something that wasn't there and then again moaning that the thread had been hijacked, while doing the very same thing themselves. For saying this, I am now a troll? Or a Bully?