Things to see in Southampton

South City Si

Thought I'd start a thread for things/places in Southampton of note to you that don't neccesarily get mentionned, like a place you like to go to every now and then that others may not know of.

I have become aware of how little I really know of East Southampton as I live in Shirley and was brought up in C Ford.

I occasinally like to take time and walk the walls, although obvious I feel many take it for granted and that little 'Old Town' area is neglected.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Agree, especially with a great big fat J.

???

J.Lo

J10 fighter

64 node j machine

j_grover.gif

be more specific please...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
where can i find the hot eastern european women on a night out?

There's a couple working behind the counter at KFC. They get pretty sweaty working by the fryers.

Anyone been to the two Caribbean restaurants that we have in Soton? On is apparently in St Marys and the other by Ocean Village. Doing a night out with a group once a month. Done the Indian, gong for a Chinese soon and its a Mexican place month after that but I wouldnt mind something different for my choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone been to the two Caribbean restaurants that we have in Soton? On is apparently in St Marys and the other by Ocean Village. Doing a night out with a group once a month. Done the Indian, gong for a Chinese soon and its a Mexican place month after that but I wouldnt mind something different for my choice.

I can confirm, there is a carribean restaurant in St Marys.

You should give it a try. I have heard a lot of good things about the restaurant. Mostly about the food and the friendly service in which the customers receive.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm, there is a carribean restaurant in St Marys.

You should give it a try. I have heard a lot of good things about the restaurant. Mostly about the food and the friendly service in which the customers receive.

The restaurant down St mary's had a stall at the Carribean Festival at Mayflower Park and the Jerk Chicken was awesome. If the rest of the food is that good then it looks good. Have been meaning to try both of them for a while. I can't find a website for either of them.

• 2 months later...
where can i find the hot eastern european women on a night out?

I worked with a chap who when asked by visiting semen "Where is the best place to find some 'fanny' in Southampton!? Would reply "On the end of my knob"

He used to tell this story at the Rum Runners after a few whiskeys, when we should have been sorting mail. Good days at the post office them was.

Apparently, Thomas Fleming (Sir), who was Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer who 'tried' (sp) Guy Fawkes, is buried at St Nicholas' in Stoneham Lane (the one handed clock church).

Therefore, without Fleming - who Fleming Park, Fleming Avenue and The Fleming Arms are named in honour of - we would not have Bonfire Night. FACT

Southampton should mark this IMO.

Apparently, Thomas Fleming (Sir), who was Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer who 'tried' (sp) Guy Fawkes, is buried at St Nicholas' in Stoneham Lane (the one handed clock church).

Therefore, without Fleming - who Fleming Park, Fleming Avenue and The Fleming Arms are named in honour of - we would not have Bonfire Night. FACT

And there'd be no SWF football. Robsk and the other e-football geeks would have to find something else to do.

I worked with a chap who when asked by visiting semen "Where is the best place to find some 'fanny' in Southampton!? Would reply "On the end of my knob"

He used to tell this story at the Rum Runners after a few whiskeys, when we should have been sorting mail. Good days at the post office them was.

Visiting semen trying to find a fanny? What do you have to eat to make it travel that far?

• 2 weeks later...

Things I'd like to see in Southampton?

...a goal or two being scored!!... but seriously...

I'd like to see the return of a cross-channel ferry operating out of Southampton. Ideally to Normandy. I go over to France every now and again and at the moment have to go from Portsmouth. Enough said. There used to be a channel ferry from Southampton.. can't remember its name though. I guess the problem is the length of time it takes getting down the Sound and past the Isle of Wight, a problem which sailing from Pompey doesn't have. Would probably add an extra hour onto the journey.

We do already, its called "bonfire night"

• 1 month later...