Xbox 360

Crazy Diamond

I've just bought one. Any recommendations as far as games go?

Not really feeling the whole CoD/Halo/other shoot em up vibe, nor FIFA. I've only got GTAIV so far as I love the GTA series.

Probably a waste of time you getting one then.

Just get COD and Xbox live and I guarantee you, you'll want to quit your job, dump your bird and become a recluse.

Probably a waste of time you getting one then.

Just get COD and Xbox live and I guarantee you, you'll want to quit your job, dump your bird and become a recluse.

Dunno about that. I've only just got this job after a year unemployed, hence the purchase of the Xbox - I've finally had money to spend.

Are you really saying those games are the only ones worth getting? I've heard a lot about Red Dead Redemption for example.

If you like GTA IV:- Red Dead Redemption is a brilliant open world western tale. if you want a fun stealthy Action Game try Assassins Creed: Brotherhood or Assassins Creed Revelations. For superhero gameplay go for BatmanL Arkham City. or for pure smut Saints Row the Third. Also Sleeping Dogs (out on Friday) looks like it may be good and may be the closest thing to GTA without being GTA.

Elsewhere For Arcade racing Dirt: Showdown is immensely fun with lots or different gametypes. For Racing Sim go for Forza

I heartily recommend the Mass Effect series. A truly wonderful science fiction/rpg epic. Has a bit of a sand-box feel as you do have the freedom to explore rather then just stick to a story.

For pure all out fun Just Cause 2 is excellent, the story is just... stupid, but you are given an entire island nation to run around in and take liberties with.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is a puzzle/platform/action game with outstanding facial animation and story telling. It features motion capture performance by Andy Serkis and is an undiscovered gem.

On the XBox Live Arcade, take a look at Limbo and Braid, two 2D platformers with outstanding graphics and puzzle elements. Also, Trials HD is an update of the old 2D flash motorcycle trials games, it is horribly addictive.

Edited by Colinjb

I concur with Enslaved Odyssey To The West. Brilliant game.

Bulletstorm is a good fun shooter with fast pace and humour.

I'm currently playing Skyrim, part of the Elder Scrolls series, something that I would never think would appeal to me, but once I got into it, I haven't been able to play owt else.

Another really good fun game is Borderlands, loads of different guns to shoot things

Thoroughly recommend Dead Space and Dead Space 2.

Apart from Skyrim you should be able to pick the others up cheap via Amazon or eBay