Fox Soccer USA - Wigan on next wee.....

Oh ****ing yes! But, this weeks is delayed (plays at 1.30 in the afternoon my time) so will have to avoid all internet until then.

I'm kind of missing the match threads a little already...

Happy days is right though!

1:30 is just right though isn't it. 7am is for the birds although I'll probably still be up at 5am if my lingering jetlag has anything to do with it.

Was watching the recorded City game this morning and was reminded that I need an upgrade to a better tv and HD! For anyone with Directv HD, is it nice?

I'll be in Champaign Illinois failing to find a bar showing it so will likely try the new Foxsoccer 2go... or find an illicit stream.

What you doing in Champaign? Drive an hour south and you can watch it here (only if you promise to avoid the score though).

It is live on http://www.foxsoccer2go.com (and they currently have a free 7 day trial going) but I'm just gonna wait til 4.30ET to watch it on TV. However good a stream is it ain't as good as an actual TV channel.

LV - I'm with Directv and it's fine. Well it gets me FSP, NFL Sunday Ticket, NFL Network & the local Fox Sport channels - which I couldn't get on cable here. Do a bit of homework to see what the latest kit is and I'm sure you'll get it installed if you insist. You could prob play off Directv & DishTV against each other to see what you can get chucked in.

1:30 is just right though isn't it. 7am is for the birds although I'll probably still be up at 5am if my lingering jetlag has anything to do with it.

Was watching the recorded City game this morning and was reminded that I need an upgrade to a better tv and HD! For anyone with Directv HD, is it nice?

1.30pm is not too shabby at all...

I have FSC in HD via Comcast cable on my HDTV and it's GLORIOUS!

What you doing in Champaign? Drive an hour south and you can watch it here (only if you promise to avoid the score though).

There's a work thing on Friday and Sunday, so I'm free on Saturday. I'm transportationless - any idea if public transit runs to where you are from Champaign?

There's a work thing on Friday and Sunday, so I'm free on Saturday. I'm transportationless - any idea if public transit runs to where you are from Champaign?

Sent you a msg on FB. Well I hope it's you anyway! Would be good if you can make it down here but public transport in non-city America ain't good at all...

LV - I'm with Directv and it's fine. Well it gets me FSP, NFL Sunday Ticket, NFL Network & the local Fox Sport channels - which I couldn't get on cable here. Do a bit of homework to see what the latest kit is and I'm sure you'll get it installed if you insist. You could prob play off Directv & DishTV against each other to see what you can get chucked in.

I have normal directv but no HD. It's always looked a bit blurry on my old projection tv. Time to start looking for some decent flatscreen deals and TiVo hd.

SoCal - "glorious" sounds pretty good to me...

I have normal directv but no HD. It's always looked a bit blurry on my old projection tv. Time to start looking for some decent flatscreen deals and TiVo hd.

SoCal - "glorious" sounds pretty good to me...

I have Verizon which provides FS in HD gloriousness, but FS+ only in SD which is almost unwatchable by comparison. So I am going to perservere with FoxSoccer2go (streamed to my 46" TV) for the availablity of live games and wait to see if verizon ever provide FS+ in HD - it has supposedly been near the top of their list for 18 months.

Not worried about the Wigan game though.....I'll watch at St. Mary's. :D

I have Verizon which provides FS in HD gloriousness, but FS+ only in SD which is almost unwatchable by comparison. So I am going to perservere with FoxSoccer2go (streamed to my 46" TV) for the availablity of live games and wait to see if verizon ever provide FS+ in HD - it has supposedly been near the top of their list for 18 months.

Not worried about the Wigan game though.....I'll watch at St. Mary's. :D

Like to keep with DTV as last year they re-introduced their integrated Tivo HD receiver - a format which I'm a stickler for - don't like the generic DVRs at all.

On a side note, I hope Fox see fit to put a daily Sky Sports News broadcast back on at around 4pm/7pm PST/EST, rather than either in the morning or late night. I want to see the day's news at 11pm/midnight GMT. They keep tinkering with it and it's just not on!

Enjoy St Marys!

I've been a Time Warner Cable subscriber for ten years and am utterly relieved to be leaving their incompetence, poor quality DVR and overpriced services behind. The options we'll have in the new place are Comcast or DirecTV. From what i've seen of DirecTV's DVR and programming I like, and Comcast have a dreadful reputation from I've read online.

I've been a Time Warner Cable subscriber for ten years and am utterly relieved to be leaving their incompetence, poor quality DVR and overpriced services behind. The options we'll have in the new place are Comcast or DirecTV. From what i've seen of DirecTV's DVR and programming I like, and Comcast have a dreadful reputation from I've read online.

NY - I'd go for DTV. I've been pretty happy with them for the last 10 years. They have two DVRs available - their normal one and the more expensive Tivo with less features but a splendid interface.

I'm going to be calling them quite soon myself to ask them to offer me a decent Tivo HD package.

Comcast have been fine for me, especially once they finally added FSC in HD. I wish I had DirecTV for the NFL sunday ticket though...

• 3 weeks later...
FYI - Fox Soccer Plus is available this week starting 15th sept on a free trial. Very good timing as they're showing the arse game. Was going to order the channel for the month but can hold off for now! Villa the week after is back on regular FSC.

Where did you get this info? Is it on all providers - will be great if so.

I saw it advertised on FSC a couple of weeks ago but wasn't paying much attention to it. Googled it, found no info on their website but ended up on YouTube where I found the free preview trailer. Looks to be across the board as there were no provider details.

Ok - found a couple of articles about it. Thanks for the tip.

The delayed showing fits perfectly with my plans for Sat. Think we might get something from this game.

It'll be very delayed for me, won't be able to watch until Sunday evening.

I can see us scoring... Hopefully more than we concede