Red Dead Redemption

Crazy Diamond

The scenery is really cool and you can get into the vibe of being a cowboy with freedom to do as you please but eventually it gets boring riding here and there over and over doing the same kind of missions over and over.

That said, the zombie add on game is fun and also the online stuff is a good blast as well.

Ive been playing for over 25 years thanks.

I've had this game for a few days now, only played about three hours owing to work, but I have to say... Pretty boring.

I remember it had very good reviews but I'm herding ****ing cows and breaking in horses. Does it get better? I bloody hope so.

The herding cows and breaking in horses etc is to teach you the basics of the game. In the same way GTA has basic missions early on it is to get you ready for the big set piece missions later on. Plus, for most "cowboys" in real life herding cows and breaking in horses is exacting what they would have done for their entire time on the ranch! ;)

Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game of all time if you exclude Football Manager. The expansion for Red Dead, "Undead Nightmare" is also worth a go.

The herding cows and breaking in horses etc is to teach you the basics of the game. In the same way GTA has basic missions early on it is to get you ready for the big set piece missions later on. Plus, for most "cowboys" in real life herding cows and breaking in horses is exacting what they would have done for their entire time on the ranch! ;)

Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game of all time if you exclude Football Manager. The expansion for Red Dead, "Undead Nightmare" is also worth a go.

Yeah I thought it might be the case, but still, bit naff. I've just landed in Mexico which is interesting. Spent ages looking for a replacement Kentucky Saddler. Many an hour spent roaming the hills for one.

I've got Undead Nightmare to come, but I might give L.A Noire a go before that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...