LoveFilm on PS3

jawillwill

Has anyone else tried using this? I decided to sign up for it and thought I'd make the most of the 30 days free trial which is advertised for it. You have to give all your details etc (including bank details), which I've done (with a view to cancelling the direct debit as soon as the trial is over).

But since I've signed up, I haven't been able to use it. When I try loading it from the main PS3 home screen, the Love Film logo comes up for about 10 seconds, then it comes up with a loading screen, but says it failed to connect - after that, I am unable to do anything else other than quit and return back to the main PS3 home screen. As far as I'm aware I don't have any issues with my internet conection (I can play games online on the PS3).

Any solutions? If not, does anyone know how I can cancel my subscription? I don't particuarly want to end up paying £5/month for something I can't use. I assued I'd just be able to cancel it fairly easily, but obviously can't because I can't access it...

I've been able to access it since I got my PS3 in December, though it can be flakey at times witch stuff stopping while watching. Seems worse over a weekend. When I installed and loaded it up for the first time it allowed me to put in my existing details and signed me in straight away, as we were existing customers. Have never had a problem with it not loading up. If you can get it working, it is well worth it as the collection of TV and films they have available as a standard package is impressive.

It would also be worth contacting them as they are normally pretty good at extending trial periods if you are having problems.