Saints in France......

Hi

I'm about to become a 'Saint Abroad' for the second time in my life. During my previous time living overseas I was in Asia but that was around 12 years ago and the Internet wasn't as well developed then. Nowadays I'm hoping things are a bit easier...

My question is simple. How do you guys keep an eye on Saints during match days? I can obviously read news on here and the BBC sites, but I'd like to watch some live games while sunning myself. I guess there are ways of doing it as all Premier games have cameras present.

I'd like some advice on watching games on TV and on my Mac and iPad. I'd also like to tune in to BBC Solent for live commentaries. Can you listen in France?

What about Saints Player? I'm trying to get some info now on the OS but my iPad won't allow me to click on it to get more info. Is that just me or doesn't it like Apple gear??

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Edited by The Saint

I get Saintsplayer, same as everyone else cos it's on the internet. Now that we're in the PL we'll be on TV pretty regularly as well

but you have to have Canal+ for that and it's not particularly cheap, don't know how it compares to Sky.We get about 5 or 6 PL matches every Sat/Sun/Mon. If you live in a big town or city where the internet debit is high enough for you to be able to watch the TV on it then you usually get an all in subscription with your telephone package (Tripleplay as it's known, Telephone,TV,Internet) still have to subscribe to Canal + though but you don't need an aerial or satellite dish. All the major operators do this, Orange,SFR,Free,Bouygues.

Ok, just checked.

Saints Player requires Adobe Flash, which iPads don't support...!!

So I'll have to be watching on my ancient Windows laptop.

The modern method for those who don't like dodgy streams or just can't access them is to listen in on Player and be on the TSW match thread at the same time. Slag off DM and post some naughty nuns, excellent way to pass an afternoon for those who can't watch the match.

As for the abroad bit virtually everyone who listens in and is on the old TSW is an expat. Get amazing weather reports from Trev in Vancouver and Eric of Arabia, encourage Ohio saint to sneak down to the garage for a lucky fag, it's a truly cosmopolitan affair.

Edited by Window Cleaner