F1 2012

Colinjb

Really really pleased with this game, feels a massive improvement over the last one in the series.

The cars truly feel as though you are fighting for grip as you break/accelerate out of the corners, getting a good set up now makes a whole world of difference to performance ahead of the 'on rails' type physics felt in the first itteration of the series two years ago. Just starting a career game in a Marussia right now, the feeling of achievement finishing in 15th in Malaysia was truly something.

Also, excellent Multiplayer. The quick race mode; a three lap sprint around a random track is a great way to play the thing, a chance to learn the tracks while duelling with randoms.

A shot in the dark, but does someone with the Xbox Gamer tag "Solent Saint" use this forum? Had a great scrap with them around Hockenheim and Malaysia last night.

Will be getting this imminently. Downloaded the demo on live the other day and was impressed.

Didn't bother with 2011. Is the multiplayer online only or can you split screen with 2 controllers?

You can split screen too, not sure what they options are for it mind.

Out of interest, what sort of wheel setup have you got and what driver-aids do you use/turn off?

I have 2011 on my PC and I think it's an excellent game and a massive improvement over 2010, but i only have a cheap(ish) Logitech wheel and the sensitivity of the pedals is such that I have to keep the traction control on if I want to make it round a corner without spinning off. This kind of detracts from the game experience a bit because you don't really get a true sense of the handling.

I use the Xbox wireless wheel (Well, U shaped thing.)

I use the traction control and ABS driver aids, you just don't get enough precise control on the 'trigger' brakes and throttle to correctly control the cars otherwise, you still need to be a little delicate though.

It's more then good enough for the casual gamer I am.

There's your problem. Amazon have never once failed me.

I should have learnt my lesson after they cancelled my mass effect pre-order!

It's free delivery so there's no tracking info - hope I haven't been mugged off.

Said 3-5 working days, so i'll wait until tomorrow (my dispatch email was weds) before emailing them.

• 2 weeks later...

A word to the wise, I decided to invest in one of these a few days ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Wheel/dp/B00128WLGK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1349898230&sr=8-5

Finally had time to try it out this evening, immediately shaved two seconds off my best lap time around Catalunya. So much more precise in the long corners then the wireless 'speed wheel'... which in itself isn't exactly a bad controller!

Managed to find one for £65 on ebay.

Edited by Colinjb