USA - upcoming TV games

West Ham v Saints.

Sat Oct 20.

KO: 10am ET.

Fox Soccer Plus. 2pm ET (4 hour delay).

Saints v Spurs

Sun Oct 28

KO 11am ET (UK Clocks go back the night before)

Fox Soccer Plus. LIVE

Cool that the Spurs game is being shown live. The 2nd half is up against Man Utd v Chelsea so if you are going to a bar to watch it you may want to check first if you can see the whole game.

Thanks for the heads up Rut. I'm not sure what my plans are yet, so I might be watching that delayed version. It never does feel right, though...

Hear what you are saying DanW but I prefer watching the delay. Yes there are umpteen dodgy streams about (plus the paid for quality Fox2Go one) but it means I can be productive on a Sat morning. With no phone or internet on the go I can go down the basement and play darts instead.

Then when the game starts you can do all the good sh#t like pause/rewind it.

Yes - live is obviously better but even the Fox stream will sometimes knock the sound out by a couple of seconds. Now if it was paid for live TV coverage of every game then sign me up...

• 3 weeks later...
Just in case anyone missed it. - I almost did!

WBA vs saints is at noon PST on espn2 today.

I nearly did post that up but thought naaah - everyone will know that one!

I'm taping it and watching it when I get home. Saints game following by another Saints game.

The next 2 Saints games (Swansea & QPR) are both on delay. Swansea 4.5 hours on FSC. QPR 4 hours on FSP.

PS The Chargers suck!

I nearly did post that up but thought naaah - everyone will know that one!

I'm taping it and watching it when I get home. Saints game following by another Saints game.

The next 2 Saints games (Swansea & QPR) are both on delay. Swansea 4.5 hours on FSC. QPR 4 hours on FSP.

PS The Chargers suck!

I had no idea ESPN covered Monday games.

Yeah, keeping away from here this afternoon and will watch with my son when I get home. I'm feeling optimistic for this one, don't know why!!!

Chargers are comin' to get ya! (I still do not support a team btw, but would certainly like to see Broncos, or Chargers for that matter, make the playoffs).

Have you been to any games this season? I was hoping Packers would be in the area (ie SD) to take my son to, they're not. Maybe next year.

• 3 weeks later...

The next batch are up - no live ones on TV but every game is on. Seen em all so far.

Sun 25 Nov. Newcastle H.

FSP. 1pm ET (3 hour delay)

Weds 28 Nov. Norwich H

FSP. 7pm ET (4h 15m delay)

Sat Dec 1. Lpool A

FSP. 2pm ET (4 hour delay)

Sat Dec 8. Reading H

FSC. 2pm ET (4 hour delay)

• 1 month later...

Latheal - it is on Fox Soccer Plus at 4pm ET (6 hour delay).

Here is the full list of upcoming TV games:

Sat 22 Dec. Sunderland H

FSP. 4pm ET (6 hour delay)

Wed 26 Dec. Fulham A

FSP. 6pm ET (8 hour delay)

Sat 29 Dec. Stoke A

All games are live online at http://www.foxsoccer2go.com (top quality streams - subscription required).

Latheal - it is on Fox Soccer Plus at 4pm ET (6 hour delay).

Here is the full list of upcoming TV games:

Sat 22 Dec. Sunderland H

FSP. 4pm ET (6 hour delay)

Wed 26 Dec. Fulham A

Sat 29 Dec. Stoke A

All games are live online at http://www.foxsoccer2go.com (top quality streams - subscription required).

Many thanks Rut. Off down the clubhouse to see if they have Fox Soccer Plus then!

Arsenal game is via ESPN3 online, grrr, never had any luck with this service. Will be looking for an alternative stream I think.

It's also live on TV on ESPN Deportes.

I don't actually have this channel but as luck would have it I'm going to be Indianapolis and have checked with the 'soccer pub' there and they have that channel and will be showing the game. Result :-)

I've never had any probs with espn3.com - always worked well when I've used it. Great quality streams.

It's also live on TV on ESPN Deportes.

I don't actually have this channel but as luck would have it I'm going to be Indianapolis and have checked with the 'soccer pub' there and they have that channel and will be showing the game. Result :-)

I've never had any probs with espn3.com - always worked well when I've used it. Great quality streams.

I don't have Deportes either.

ESPN3 doesn't work with all internet providers, but I've just remembered I should be good from home (which is where I'll be), but from work, it doesn't play.

The next few:

Sat Jan 12. Villa A. FSC.

4pm ET (6 hour delay)

Wed Jan 16. Chelsea A. FSP.

2.45pm ET (live)

Mon Jan 21. Everton A.

TV: ESPNDeportes (live)

Online: espn3.com (live)

espn3.com (or watchESPN or whatever you wanna call it) is a good quality stream. Check beforehand if you can get it cos it depends on what ISP you use.

If you ain't got ESPNDeportes then most sports bars should have it - plus any Mexican Restaurants that are open will prob put it on for you.

I can't see it on delay anywhere at the moment so you are gonna have to find a way to watch it live.

Mon Jan 21. Everton A.

TV: ESPNDeportes (live)

NICE! I just put it together that this is MLK Day, so I don't have to be at work. WOOOO! Love watching the Saints on TV instead of on a dodgy stream, even if the commentators are speaking Spanish. Totally stoked for this.

For the HD snobs (which I'm half one) the Chelsea game tomorrow appears to be in SD live on FSP - but repeated at 8pm ET on FSC in HD. So for those taping and avoiding you could avoid a bit longer and see it with a decent picture.

Enjoyed the game last night. Waiting til 8pm was fine (just like watching it at the real time in England).

Next one announced is

Man Utd (A)

Weds 30 Jan. 8pm UK time.

TV: Live on ESPN2

You can see why so many Americans do latch onto Man Utd - every one of their games is always on live and no 'only on ESPN Deportes' for them. Saints really must win the Prem & Champions League sometime soon...

For the HD snobs (which I'm half one) the Chelsea game tomorrow appears to be in SD live on FSP - but repeated at 8pm ET on FSC in HD. So for those taping and avoiding you could avoid a bit longer and see it with a decent picture.

Yes, a good evening last night after work for my son and I. We were ecstatically surprised with the turnaround in the second half. Didn't think it would happen - not because Chelsea were any good but because we were unable to expose them in the final third during the first 45. Fantastic result and two excellent goals.

HD makes all the difference, their SD is so nasty. I'd have liked them to improve on it next season, only they won't be doing it next season. It's a shame, it'sperfect the way it is (scheduling wise), I like having all games available to record and becuase of the time difference, I don't give a ****e if it's live or not.

Yes, a good evening last night after work for my son and I. We were ecstatically surprised with the turnaround in the second half. Didn't think it would happen - not because Chelsea were any good but because we were unable to expose them in the final third during the first 45. Fantastic result and two excellent goals.

HD makes all the difference, their SD is so nasty. I'd have liked them to improve on it next season, only they won't be doing it next season. It's a shame, it'sperfect the way it is (scheduling wise), I like having all games available to record and becuase of the time difference, I don't give a ****e if it's live or not.

I went to the pub for the Chelsea match and was surprised that they could show it live in HD via their DirectTV feed. A bonus! A good atmosphere too wherein I was admonishing and taking the p!ss out of the Blues fans for the way their owner treated DiMatteo. That has now, of course, come back to bite me on the arse and I suspect that bar staff will dutifully mock on Monday afternoon when I go there for the Everton match.

HD makes all the difference as the NTSC / PAL conversion looks horrible in SD.

I've managed to record the last two games and watch them without seeing the score beforehand - and the results have been good. What was a little odd to notice, was that we appeared to win a half and maintain the score for a half in each game. Playing to our limited resources?

What's been apparent from the last couple of games, aside from needing at least two centerbacks, a quality keeper (can we somehow combine our current three keeper's best traits?) and possibly another striker, is we need another attacking playmaker if Adam is out longterm as we really only have Rickie and Gaston and once they're pulled into the mire of holding midfield there's no one to force the ball forward. Spiderman and Davis have been excellent this season but it takes a lot to control the Premier league midfields.

Might be the first game missed this Monday as we can not pick up ESPN.com at work, although a sketchy stream would do the trick. But then again, the boss isn't going to be too happy if im glued to the screen for 90 mins!

Then again, I'm not really in the mood for Saints at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...