the most incredible match...I've ever seen .

.....was last night's World Cup fixture when Sweden travelled to Berlin to play Germany in front of a 70,000 crowd. What a match !

Swedish coach Hamrén chose to leave both midfielders Anders Svensson and KIm Källström on the bench and tried to play a containing defensive game against their hosts - with predicatble results.

The Germans were rampant and scored their first after 8 mins..... and were 3-0 up before HT and the visitors were looking a total shambles.

Even after Källström came on for Sweden at 46 mins, the Germans scored yet again ....and were 4-0 up after 56 mins.. and the Swedes looked to be on the end of a real hiding.

However, they started to show some spirit and Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored on 62 mins. and Michael Lustig 2 mins later, (both from Källström passes) and the Swedes were really began to look creative .....at 2-4 and continued to harass the Germans who were getting a taste of their own medicine.

A third Swedish goal came in the last 5 mins through Johan Elmander........AND they finally equalised in the 94th minute (Rasmus Elm) ...to leave the field at 4-4.

I've been a football fan for over 50 years, and have seen my share of fight-backs, but never any team coming back from 0-4 at International level... and against such opposition.

For the Swedes it was a moral victory - especially as a German striker handled the ball in the area prior to scoring their 3rd goal.

The whole country is alive with the story today - except perhaps for the 50% who were dispirited and went to bed in disgust ....when the score was 0-4.

Edited by david in sweden

.....was last night's World Cup fixture when Sweden travelled to Berlin to play Germany in front of a 70,000 crowd. What a match !

Swedish coach Hamrén chose to leave both midfielders Anders Svensson and KIm Källström on the bench and tried to play a containing defensive game against their hosts - with predicatble results.

The Germans were rampant and scored their first after 8 mins..... and were 3-0 up before HT and the visitors were looking a total shambles.

Even after Källström came on for Sweden at 46 mins, the Germans scored yet again ....and were 4-0 up after 56 mins.. and the Swedes looked to be on the end of a real hiding.

However, they started to show some spirit and Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored on 62 mins. and Michael Lustig 2 mins later, (both from Källström passes) and the Swedes were really began to look creative .....at 2-4 and continued to harass the Germans who were getting a taste of their own medicine.

A third Swedish goal came in the last 5 mins through Johan Elmander........AND they finally equalised in the 94th minute (Rasmus Elm) ...to leave the field at 4-4.

I've been a football fan for over 50 years, and have seen my share of fight-backs, but never any team coming back from 0-4 at International level... and against such opposition.

For the Swedes it was a moral victory - especially as a German striker handled the ball in the area prior to scoring their 3rd goal.

The whole country is alive with the story today - except perhaps for the 50% who were dispirited and went to bed in disgust ....when the score was 0-4.

African Cup of Nations my friend ;) http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=285629&cc=5739 That is the only time I've seen a team come from 4-0 down after 78 mins and 4-1 down after 87 mins to draw 4-4 at any level.

As for the Germany-Sweden game it sounded like an absolute belter. Especially with Germany being one of the best sides to "complete the job" and Sweden being a side that nearly lost to the Faroe Islands the other week.