Starting XI Announced for Exeter

Matthew Le God

Be interesting to see how Perry and Wotten do together as could be our central defence for many games this year. Basically our 1st team except for Bart,Wotten so hopefully we win this one easily. Im pretty confident we can't lose to two league 2 clubs two years in a row :)

I bet they don't. Davies and Svensson are the first choices and once they are fully fit, Perry and Wotton won't get look in.

Happy to take that bet :)

Svensson and Davies will be our main defence but Svensson will not be playing 2-3 times a week. We will protect him. If he gets injured then again that will keep him out. Davies seems to be a bit injury prone so again i don't expect him to play every game when he returns. Thus leaving Perry,Wotten,Thomas.

Happy to take that bet :)

Svensson and Davies will be our main defence but Svensson will not be playing 2-3 times a week. We will protect him. If he gets injured then again that will keep him out. Davies seems to be a bit injury prone so again i don't expect him to play every game when he returns. Thus leaving Perry,Wotten,Thomas.

bit harsh, he had an op on an old injury and he was smashed in the face last season which kept him out. Hardly injury prone. He will be the basis of the defence IF we dont sell him

I would imagine Thomas, Rasiak, Euell, Skacel, John are all being kept out of the starting line up so they are not cup tied for any potential buyers/takers

I would also imagine that more than one of them is currently in negotiations with another club

Coach in 'keep the same team and don't panic after one game' shock.

If everyone's fit the same eleven who started at Cardiff will start against Birmingham. Jan the Man seems to know his own mind, and he's got more confidence in the team than half the people on here.

Today's Echo has Bialkowski & Wotton starting and Thomas in for Svensson.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/sport/saints/display.var.2423063.0.saints_wont_be_ringing_the_cup_changes_jan.php

The OS suggests (from JP) the same team as Saturday with the exception of Svensson.

The Daily Echo seems to have been playing 'pin the tail on the donkey' for a couple of years with regards to the teams they come up with in Friday's paper for Saturday's games. It used to be relatively accurate but not any longer.

JP on the OS gives all the right reasons for keeping basically the same team, its all about confidence and getting to know how they play together. Apart from Killer (who he confirms cannot play 3 games a wekk yet), he seems to suggest no other changes, although elsewhere it seems Bart is confirmed in goal. Thank goodness we have someone who knows what he is doing, rather than the prat Burley, who would have changed half the team.

The OS suggests (from JP) the same team as Saturday with the exception of Svensson.

The Daily Echo seems to have been playing 'pin the tail on the donkey' for a couple of years with regards to the teams they come up with in Friday's paper for Saturday's games. It used to be relatively accurate but not any longer.

Tis sh*te

Chris Coleman was quoted at the weekend that he will be signing a proven goalscorer this week.

My guess is Raz, or maybe Stern returning for a second spell.

Norwich press still mentioning Rasiak as a possible target for Roeder as he looks for a big(ger) striker to play alongside Cureton or Lupoli.

Have been told once again that Thomas is actually training away from the first team and his future at Saints remains in doubt. Also, I've heard that Schneiderlin will play in defence with Wotton playing alongside Gillett in midfield. Other than that, it's as you were for the Cardiff game. Time will tell I guess!

Be interesting to see how Perry and Wotten do together as could be our central defence for many games this year. Basically our 1st team except for Bart,Wotten so hopefully we win this one easily. Im pretty confident we can't lose to two league 2 clubs two years in a row :)

Peterborough

Notts County

Mansfield

All div 2 clubs last 3 seasons :-(