Lowes Strategy

1965onwards

Is part of Lowes strategy not only to encourage young players and their parents to look on Saints as somewhere where they will not only get top-notch coaching and an early chance

to experience first-team football;but that top clubs will want to lend us their young players who are not ready for the first team,but who need something more competitive than reserve team football.

Heres hoping.Other teams have gained promotion on the back of loans from top teams.

I hope so.

Let's be honest, love him or hate him we know that Lowe wants everything and wants to spend nothing to get it. So if he can make the most of decent loan deals from Prem clubs, I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

we know that Lowe wants everything and wants to spend nothing to get it.

That's convenient then, seeing as though we have nothing.

Thank god we have Lord Lowe at the helm. If we were still under the aegis of Crouch and McEnemy, i.e. living in cloud cuckoo land and spending spending everything that wasn't nailed down, we'd be in bankruptcy court by now.

I've long tried to make the point that it doesn't have to be Lowe, but it does have to someone with his experience and understanding of the business side of football. The 'anyone but Lowe' line has never made any sense and the evidence of how damaging that could be was played out over the last two years. At least there does now appear to a strategy and I feel a lot more confident that the club is being managed better than when we had the nonentity DuLieu and the Fulham mafia. I imagine Lowe would love to spend on the team if the club had the money, but spending money we don't have is simply not possible.

I've long tried to make the point that it doesn't have to be Lowe, but it does have to someone with his experience and understanding of the business side of football. The 'anyone but Lowe' line has never made any sense and the evidence of how damaging that could be was played out over the last two years. At least there does now appear to a strategy and I feel a lot more confident that the club is being managed better than when we had the nonentity DuLieu and the Fulham mafia. I imagine Lowe would love to spend on the team if the club had the money, but spending money we don't have is simply not possible.

Isn't this the issue with many fans who see a man cloaked in failure? relegation, SCW and a radio station written off with 1.3 million losses, not to mention the insurance side? Strategy is great but it says 'keep believing'. Football today is about results today.

Germany Calling!! Germany Calling!!

Isn't this the issue with many fans who see a man cloaked in failure? relegation, SCW and a radio station written off with 1.3 million losses, not to mention the insurance side? Strategy is great but it says 'keep believing'. Football today is about results today.

SCW wasn't a failure. It was a visionary move that was ridiculed by the flat-cap brigade firmly entrenched in the 1970s way of doing things.

The radio station wasn't a failure. It was yet another example of Lowe diversifying this club, dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

Relegation? We - or I should say a segment of our small-minded fans - take the honours of being the only club in history to blame a chairman for relegation.

SCW wasn't a failure. It was a visionary move that was ridiculed by the flat-cap brigade firmly entrenched in the 1970s way of doing things.

The radio station wasn't a failure. It was yet another example of Lowe diversifying this club, dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

Relegation? We - or I should say a segment of our small-minded fans - take the honours of being the only club in history to blame a chairman for relegation.

Oh no! He's got full membership. Sob..sob..sob:D

On the subject of the radio station there's a story that was posted on TSF about how Lowe, as bombastic and pompous as we'd expect, flounced into a meeting with the people who owned the radio station and said £1 million take it or leave it (figures could be well wrong). Apparently they were only going ask a fraction of the amount Lowe offered.:D

Perhaps someone else will remember the tale and provide us with it accurately.

Sorry, only judging it from a PLC point of view!!

Lowe's strategy?

To be appointed as plc chairman in order to clear out the expensive under achievers and set up a very flimsy Dutch methodology of playing football with kids which will fail in the CCC, thus reducing shareholder, business and fan confidence.

Net result - a fall in the share price (now down to an all time LOWe of 27p), no plc investment and fans voting with both their feet and best singing voices to see him removed.

Benefits?

Buys time to complete a consortium bid.

Removes unwanted players.

Maintains Wilde's influence whilst the blame falls square on the ever hated Lowe.

Reduces the share price - making it even cheaper for a buy out.

Removes manager who was OK but nothing special (NP) to make way for up and coming Alan Shearer.

...sounds interesting option dont you think. Especially given Lowe's absence from both games and Solent forum.

Perhaps Lowe has indeed been stitched by Wilde afterall?

Still, I suspect he'll get more for his shares than the ever reducing 27p market rate so he'll make only a small loss.

So long Rupert.

Having SCW as manager in waiting while Redknapp was retained was a major mistake. Lowe has done some good things. This wasn't one of them.

A loss making radio station when the core business, the football club, is losing thousands each week isn't a failure?

The only club to blame a chairman for relegation? Your having a laugh.

Enjoy the penalty shoot out Sunday?

Lowe's strategy?

To be appointed as plc chairman in order to clear out the expensive under achievers and set up a very flimsy Dutch methodology of playing football with kids which will fail in the CCC, thus reducing shareholder, business and fan confidence.

Net result - a fall in the share price (now down to an all time LOWe of 27p), no plc investment and fans voting with both their feet and best singing voices to see him removed.

Benefits?

Maintains Wilde's influence whilst the blame falls square on the ever hated Lowe.

Removes manager who was OK but nothing special (NP) to make way for up and coming Alan Shearer.

...sounds interesting option dont you think. Especially given Lowe's absence from both games and Solent forum.

Still, I suspect he'll get more for his shares than the ever reducing 27p market rate so he'll make only a small loss.

So long Rupert.

Inside info?

scoobt old fella .....your behind the times, lowe himself admitmitted himself the radio station was a fook up

at least you dont agree with everything he says :D

Is part of Lowes strategy not only to encourage young players and their parents to look on Saints as somewhere where they will not only get top-notch coaching and an early chance

to experience first-team football;but that top clubs will want to lend us their young players who are not ready for the first team,but who need something more competitive than reserve team football.

Heres hoping.Other teams have gained promotion on the back of loans from top teams.

Think you're giving him too much credit there. His strategy is based on the situation the club finds itself in and nothing else. We didn't have the same strategy when we were in the Premiership did we. Times and circumstances change and you have to cut your cloth accordingly.

I'm not a Lowe fan (in football terms) but in business terms he knows his onions. Whether the two can be combined to give the level of on-the-pitch performance remains to be seen. Don't be under any illusion that if any of the youngsters reach the required standard they will remain with us as they won't. They'll be sold to support the future of the club. That is the future until a white knight appears over the hilltop.

Lowe's strategy?

Benefits?

So long Rupert.

Sometimes, if you haven't got anything intetresting to say, it's best not to say anything.

Back to the original question, I'm not convinced Lowe would be interesting in bringing young players in on loan from other clubs. His preference will surely be for the coach to field players who want to play for the badge not those who want to gain experience so they can go back and challenge for a first team place elsewhere. I'm struggling to think of a single loan player who set the world alight here.

Sometimes, if you haven't got anything intetresting to say, it's best not to say anything.

Back to the original question, I'm not convinced Lowe would be interesting in bringing young players in on loan from other clubs. His preference will surely be for the coach to field players who want to play for the badge not those who want to gain experience so they can go back and challenge for a first team place elsewhere. I'm struggling to think of a single loan player who set the world alight here.

Richard Wright did but he was the only one.

I dont think he will get in any loan players.

The club is trying to develop its own players whats more if I was a young player like Mills and a young full back came in I would not be particularly happy

The trouble with the kids strategy is that we will be hounded by clubs who see any of them who looks lilke developing into a good player.

We will then sell the player as we always need money.

At best the RL strategy can only be a holding strategy.

We cant progress without investment we can only stave off relegation & administration

The trouble with the kids strategy is that we will be hounded by clubs who see any of them who looks lilke developing into a good player.

We cant progress without investment we can only stave off relegation & administration

If you are saying the only way to survive in the Premiership is with a large amount of investment I totally agree.

Perhaps we are only a Championship Club then

If you are saying the only way to survive in the Premiership is with a large amount of investment I totally agree.

I am saying we will struggle to survive in the Championship if we dont find investment and are forced to sell the best of the kids

Regretably, that is correct. We missed the chance to get bigger after the "Go to the next Level" turned out to be yet more hot air from our Glorious Leader

As regards Premiership, forget it. In a few seasons time, the Big Money of the Prem Teams will make it a "closed shop" as per USA "Grid Iron" Football, and Baseball.

Whoever is in the Prem at that time, will then be there forever, under Multi Billion Franchises

As we missed our chance, for us it will be CCC at best

I do hate the way it's labeled as "Lowe's strategy" when, as a couple of people have pointed out, it's the same strategy anyone in charge would have to follow unless they happened to have a few hundred million quid kicking around to burn.

People need to stop making this all about Lowe and face up to certain painful realities.

In our predicament this must be considered success and lets not forget that we sold off the likes of Walcott and Bale and reinvested the money in what? Failures - high wage players that achieved nothing.

Conspiracy theorists should expect to see a loan or two coming down from Arsenil, if the you buy Spiderman and develop him for us and we'll give you a nice profit story has any mileage

Meanwhile for a club that's flat broke developing youngsters each year and using the cream to gradually improve the overall squad and finances is not actually a bad idea, in fact it's probably the ONLY idea.

Unfortunately most people in or watching football want results now. It's a delicate balancing act this season and if it works and we stay up we'll keep developing gently and sustainably until PA or similar sails in if it doesn't work then we'll find out if the "we want admin" brigade were right or wrong

(Oh and if I'd found a way to con some geezer out of enough money to buy the club, it's what I would do this year at least)

Conspiracy theorists should expect to see a loan or two coming down from Arsenil, if the you buy Spiderman and develop him for us and we'll give you a nice profit story has any mileage

Like all conspiracy theories, this one about us buying Spiderman "for" Arsenal next season is a utter ******** and I don't care what any of the ITK dinlows on here might say in response.

If Arsenal wanted to buy him, they would have bought him and loaned him out themselves.

That is what they would have done. It's not like that is in any way difficult, and its not like Arse can't afford the £500k or whatever down payment we've lobbed in for Spiderman.

Conspiracy theories are all jolly exciting until somebody sensible turns round and says "what's the point - why would Arsenal bother?".

Beyond all that - the purchuse of MS is exactly what a club with our resources should be doing with our limited funds. Buy players with potential and a sell on value.

It's an absolute no brainer for me - why people are using this as a stick to beat the regime with I have no idea.

Like all conspiracy theories, this one about us buying Spiderman "for" Arsenal next season is a utter ******** and I don't care what any of the ITK dinlows on here might say in response.

If Arsenal wanted to buy him, they would have bought him and loaned him out themselves.

That is what they would have done. It's not like that is in any way difficult, and its not like Arse can't afford the £500k or whatever down payment we've lobbed in for Spiderman.

Conspiracy theories are all jolly exciting until somebody sensible turns round and says "what's the point - why would Arsenal bother?".

Beyond all that - the purchuse of MS is exactly what a club with our resources should be doing with our limited funds. Buy players with potential and a sell on value.

It's an absolute no brainer for me - why people are using this as a stick to beat the regime with I have no idea.

I agree cbf, I wasn't saying there should be any Arsenil link, simply we'd see it posted IF just let's see where our loanees come from (IF as I expect we offload some high earners first of course) then watch the conspiracy threads:-)

Personally I'm all for finding a few more of these JW gave his all and was almost acceptable as a full back but the choice between him and say another MS in midfield......

******! There were many (me prime among them) who understand the value of sports-science and also believe that SCW has a contribution to make. But also are not stupid enough to put a rattle-snake in a mongoose nest and expect them to play cards...

Mr Lowe did not start the very good youth policy that has been with Saints for many years.

He had to implement a system to comply with the directions policies laid down by the FA/league etc. Any other Chairman in the Chair at the time would have done the same with some propably better and others not so. But the Youth systems/scouting etc have naturally improved over the years. As some state it is the position we now find ourselves in that dictates to a certain degree the way we have gone. I do not know Mr Lowe or Mr Wilde and as with all Directors do not care. Accepting they have a club to run let us hope whatever they are doing is for the club and not just for themselves and they hand it onto the right people when the day comes.

Back to the original question, I'm not convinced Lowe would be interesting in bringing young players in on loan from other clubs. His preference will surely be for the coach to field players who want to play for the badge not those who want to gain experience so they can go back and challenge for a first team place elsewhere. I'm struggling to think of a single loan player who set the world alight her

Sometimes, if you haven't got anything interesting to say, it's best not to say anything.

See, it's not nice, is it, having one's opinion disparaged in such a way?

But back to your opinion to see whether there is any more validity to it than Saint Robbie's. Whether Lowe is interested or not in bringing in loan players, he might not have much choice in the matter once they have offloaded any player surplus to requirements purely on grounds of the cost of their wages. That strategy will inevitably lead to the squad being a bit threadbare in some areas. It will only take a few injuries or suspensions for there to be a need for cover, unless some even less experienced youngster steps up to the mark.

As for your preference for players who want to play for the badge instead of those playing to get themselves back into their team, do you not think that the incentive to impress their own manager doesn't motivate most loanees enough?

And finally, your opinion that most loan players have not set the World alight whilst here; Recently I would have said Chaplow for one. Oh, didn't Saganowski score a hatful of vital goals whilst on loan? Others have covered glaring gaps because of injuries and not done a bad job. Bennett, Lucketti, Perry and of course Wright. But still, if you're so dismissive of loanees, then you're going to be a bit disappointed later this season, as I suspect that some will be inevitable.

Mr Lowe did not start the very good youth policy that has been with Saints for many years.

He had to implement a system to comply with the directions policies laid down by the FA/league etc. Any other Chairman in the Chair at the time would have done the same with some propably better and others not so. But the Youth systems/scouting etc have naturally improved over the years. As some state it is the position we now find ourselves in that dictates to a certain degree the way we have gone. I do not know Mr Lowe or Mr Wilde and as with all Directors do not care. Accepting they have a club to run let us hope whatever they are doing is for the club and not just for themselves and they hand it onto the right people when the day comes.

In all fairness though, Lowe seemed to positively embrace the youth set up concept, we have always had a habit of generating good nippers, but the way he handled the academy is his strongest point in my opinion.

The catering on the other hand..... :D

In all fairness though, Lowe seemed to positively embrace the youth set up concept, we have always had a habit of generating good nippers, but the way he handled the academy is his strongest point in my opinion.

The catering on the other hand..... :D

Fair comment, he did a ggod job and can only hope that the Football Chairman

does a good job this time round whilst Mr Lowe concentrates on getting the money side sorted.

On the subject of the radio station there's a story that was posted on TSF about how Lowe, as bombastic and pompous as we'd expect, flounced into a meeting with the people who owned the radio station and said £1 million take it or leave it (figures could be well wrong). Apparently they were only going ask a fraction of the amount Lowe offered.:D

Perhaps someone else will remember the tale and provide us with it accurately.

No idea if this is true but it's very similar to the story about Peter Ridsdale and Seth Johnson.

The very same fans blame Lowe for relegation , when it was probably them that blocked the re-appointment of Glenn Hoddle, the single most decisive factor that led to relegation.

This is absolutely true, if Arsenal, or any other club for that matter thought he was worth anything, he would of been signed before being loaned out. If he is of value, the value will be worth more to the owners.

The very same fans blame Lowe for relegation , when it was probably them that blocked the re-appointment of Glenn Hoddle, the single most decisive factor that led to relegation.

Just think, Dalek; you can make the same assertion three times a day without shelling out a penny. But unfortunately you won't have enough posts to argue the toss with anybody who disagrees with the stuck record that is your opinion on this matter unless you cough up your fiver.

Go on, be a good lad; even Scooby, that other well known wind-up merchant has paid. You know you want to.

Brilliant!

You are certainly a fan of this Rupert eh!

I seem to remember Lowe saying when he got back behind the helm that the plan was to stop getting in loanees when we had perfectly good young players at the club already. He seemed to indicate that it was stupid giving experience to other teams young players when we could be doing it for our own instead. Can't be arsed to sort through the old news items on the OS but I'm sure you'll find that's the idea.

I am willing to bet that given the right deal,he will take some good loanees if he can.

Even Lowe must know that bodies are thin on the ground,and the lads will need some cover and periods of rest.

Augustin Delgado says it all about Lowes football brain. Lowe knows absolutely nothing about football end of.

I am willing to bet that given the right deal,he will take some good loanees if he can.

Even Lowe must know that bodies are thin on the ground,and the lads will need some cover and periods of rest.

wait for it, football is easy draft in another youngster who can do Mr Wu tricks. Problem is the nasty opposition tackle and close players down, they do not let us play.

At present we are paying Rasiaks and Skacels wages , for what ?