Honorary (and perhaps punitive!) SaintsWeb user classes

pap

Hoi admins,

I recently mentioned on another thread that I'd like to make Whitey Grandad the official grandad of SaintsWeb. saintbletch has agreed to second that motion.

Have to say though, when thinking through the implementation (I'm a coder) I did come up with an even cooler idea.

Custom user classes.

See, the way I envisaged you making Whitey Grandad the official grandad of SaintsWeb by creating a new user class, essentially a clone of Full Member, that just has a different name. You would then put Whitey Grandad into that user class.

You could probably create a few more to cover other scenarios. How about a "Naughty Step" class? Or even a "Tolerated Muppet Show Moderator" class for Bearsy and Tokes.

While I'd shy away from the military style ranks you see on other sites, I do rather like the idea of spinning up custom user classes for special occasions. Bit of respect for those where it's due; and perhaps offering light-touch moderation options. In all seriousness, is this something you could easily accommodate or would be willing to implement?

Me and Bearsy don't really moderate the muppet show for plaudits or medals Paps we just do it as we know the mods don't really want to read though our carp everyday, but if you want to pin one on us, then we accept. Not so sure about the tolerated bit though would prefer honorary or something that sounds better.

Hoi admins,

I recently mentioned on another thread that I'd like to make Whitey Grandad the official grandad of SaintsWeb. saintbletch has agreed to second that motion.

Have to say though, when thinking through the implementation (I'm a coder) I did come up with an even cooler idea.

Custom user classes.

See, the way I envisaged you making Whitey Grandad the official grandad of SaintsWeb by creating a new user class, essentially a clone of Full Member, that just has a different name. You would then put Whitey Grandad into that user class.

You could probably create a few more to cover other scenarios. How about a "Naughty Step" class? Or even a "Tolerated Muppet Show Moderator" class for Bearsy and Tokes.

While I'd shy away from the military style ranks you see on other sites, I do rather like the idea of spinning up custom user classes for special occasions. Bit of respect for those where it's due; and perhaps offering light-touch moderation options. In all seriousness, is this something you could easily accommodate or would be willing to implement?

Always good to see a discussion that incorporates elements of object orientation - especially in the wilderness that is the site suggestions forum. Posting in here always feels like walking round a large, cold and dark room shouting "Hello. Hello. Anyone there?" and listening for the echoes to bounce back.

Anyway, I was under the impression that we already have this sort of capability pap. I remember some of our Portsmouth supporting friends being given comical honourifics - the like of which you're suggesting here. Weren't they given "Fishy Friend" or similar? Perhaps my memory is playing tricks with me.

Keeping up the OO theme, I would like to be polymorphic. Liberal (with a small ell) in The Lounge and Grandfather Grammar in The Muppet Show.

P.S. I really like the "On the naughty step" title for anyone with current infractions. Perhaps they could have "On naughty step n" - where n is the number of infractions they have.

No point in moaning about site suggestions in the site suggestions forum as no mods ever come in here. We will just have to hijack the main board at some point, interrupting a MLG/Turkish argument and lay down our plans. Bearsy, you might have to run in front of a horse or something.

Sometimes I come in here just to fart so I don't p!ss anyone off in the muppet show.

I don't quite know how to break this to you Toke, but when you come back into The Muppet Show from farting in here, your posts still smell.

And the odd thing is, the smell is a noxious cross between the manure you get from a male cow and an unspecified quantity of seminal fluid from a large brown bear.

Next time give it a couple of minutes mate, would ya?

Edited by saintbletch
Spelling

I don't do that here, usually pop off to the computer games forum for that.

Here I just think about my next amazing thread and how else I can aggravate Pap in the lounge

First amazing thread, surely?

Next might give the new SaintsWeb visitor the distinct impresssion you've had one before! Can't have that, mate.

I don't quite know how to break this to you Toke, but when you come back into The Muppet Show from farting in here, your posts still smell.

And the odd thing is, the smell is a noxious cross between the manure you get from a male cow and an unspecified quantity of seminal fluid from a large brown bear.

Next time give it a couple of minutes mate, would ya?

Oh bletch, your are a literary hard nut granddad/uncle, how I love you.

First amazing thread, surely?

Next might give the new SaintsWeb visitor the distinct impresssion you've had one before! Can't have that, mate.

I dunno about that Pap, my "Agent Fee's" thread from last week went down really well as did my "Good News!" thread from Friday.

I think it goes to show the advantages of a bit of quiet contemplation before firing off threads willy nilly.