Far Cry 3

Sheaf Saint

I was going to keep it on hold until I can upgrade my graphics card to one that will do it justice, but I couldn't help myself. What an awesome game.

Ubisoft have combined all the best elements from the first two games and come up with something really special. There is much more of an ongoing story to it than the second one, but it still has the vast open landscape that you can go and explore and pick up little money-making missions here and there to distract you from the main storyline.

Much smarter than your average FPS and the attention to detail is phenomenal. Highly recommended.

Got it at the stupid price of £4.97 including FC1 and 2 from Gamestop - looks like a pricing error, but got the licence and downloading now.

Still got to be an error, surely? They'll change that soon.

I hated the second one, it was so unbelievably boring. Especially with the way the enemies respawned at every single checkpoint and if you lost your car you'd have to run for half an hour to find anything.

This one is amazing however. Totally addicted. My only worry is that, despite being a good 20+ hours long, it won't last long enough for a weirdo like me.

Yep - it seems to have been an error - it is up at over £50 for the 3 + the extra DLC for FC3. The Gamestop PC application sucks - downloaded twice (9GB a time!) and both times it errored on install. Downloading now through uPlay as that seems to be the best alternative. At 71% so I may be able to try it out this afternoon

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the Story mode - took a blooming long time, but got there in the end. It is a really decent game - time to explore, then get on with the mission when you feel ready. The extra DLC adds a few missions, but they are pretty simple. I got it for next to nothing when GameStop had a pricing error - best £5 I have spent in a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

picked it up at the weekend in a deal and this game is amazing, so much better than far cry 2, basically call of duty meets lost :)

some brilliant mechanics in it, loads of little references in it to popular culture too, just did the vice city styled burn the weed crop mission to the sound of 'make it bun dem'

EPIC!

• 2 months later...

Not played any of the Far Cry series yet but they are on my list of games for the PS3 to try. Played the Blood Dragon demo yesterday and have t osay it took some getting used to, but once I got used to the controls, found it found it very good indeed. Will be adding that to my list of games to buy in the future.

• 1 month later...

I played the original Far Cry on a PC, thought it was brilliant, but didn't like Far Cry 2 so I was a bit dubious about this game.

I actually don't think it's that great. The first hour of gameplay is constantly interrupted by 'tutorial' pop ups, wandering around looking for flower petals, climbing radio masts etc and all the time thinking 'wtf?'

I've stuck with it, to hope it gets better. I'm on the prison break in mission next, but come on, in the previous sabotage mission, there's a tiger outside the camp that ignores the pirates but kept attacking me.

I'm not saying its a bad game, but whereas I loved Skyrim and the first 2 Dead Space games, I don't think this has the same replayability factor