Cheating Suarez strikes again...or so it seems.

david in sweden

if TV replays are to be believed... then it look like Luis Suarez " scored " Liverpool's winning goal v Mansfield ..with his hand, and then bragged about it by kissing (said) hand.

It is a real disgrace when a World class player of his obvious skill and ability has to "cheat" in this manner, and it also goes a long way to boosting arguements to" improve " refereeing by use of TV.

It also brings back those bitter memories of the " Hand of God " incident with Maradona all those years ago, " the world's best player " cheating his way to a victory.

NOTHING will be done about it, of course. Whilst the FA may punish a player retrospectively for a bad foul or an "unseen incident ", there is little chance they will issue any punishment in this case.

For decades going back to the fantastic 1970's sides .Liverpool have always been my " second team " but Sorry Brendan.....if 'Pool get to Wembley on the strength of a handballed goal scored against a Non-League side .......I'll shout for the other side ......whoever they are !:x

The hand kissing was an unfortunate coincidence - seemingly that is how he celebrates all his goals. T'was a classic, feisty FA cup match between the underperforming giants and the plucky underdogs giving it their best. On to the pitch steps Mr. Multimillion and shamelessly murders the romantic in me. I turned off the tv immediately after his "goal"...

Liverpool fans claim that it was unintentional "ball to hand", and that it was the refs responsibility to spot it. Yes, but still it's Suarez' responsibility not to be a cheating tw*t...

Been gping for years - cant blame 'foreigners' - 'local' players did it all the time in the 70s when they could get away with it. Only become more 'visable' in the last 20 years or so with umpteen cameras at at all grounds... wont be solved until retrospective punishment for cheating is applied - would kill it off in no time.

simple solution to diving and blatent cheating is ref gives player an opportunity to come clean on the pitch and recive a yellow, and its end of. NO honesty and retrospective is a 3-4 match ban. simple

I wonder if they would have seen it if it had been done by a Mansfield player ??

Lets face it for years and years and years "big" teams always seem to get the awkward decisions over "small" teams.

Agreed......Some of the decisions we don't get against...Utd, City, Arsenal and Chelsea etc..

Pen against Davis WOULD not have been given against Chelsea.....Ref looked and looked......did not have a clue and gave it anyway..

Before a goal ...JWP being pulled down in 3 attempts until he could stay up no longer and fell.. They broke with ball and scored..Chelsea similar thing and given free kick..

At Mansfield...Lino must have seen it as with ref..SURELY

I ****ing hate all this nonsense, really do. There is not a professional player in the country that wouldn't have done the same, but because he's who he is, he's a cheat.

Same with Maradona, clowns like terry butcher and waddle going on and on about it, yet Jackie Charlton tried the same thing in the 66 semi final and nobody goes on about that. Double standards .

Footballers appeal for corners when they know it's a goal kick, pinch yards at throw ins, dive, exagerate contact, waste time and sometimes handle the ball. It's not ****ing golf,what do the waddles of this world want them to do, call the infringement themselves.had Barnes done what Diego did in the same game, would butcher have said " would you mind chalking that off old chap" to the ref?

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Surely not this Suarez?

"A handball on the goal-line by Luis Suarez prevented Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah from scoring in the last minute and Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty - with Uruguay triumphing in the shoot-out to make the World Cup semis. "

Been gping for years - cant blame 'foreigners' - 'local' players did it all the time in the 70s when they could get away with it. Only become more 'visable' in the last 20 years or so with umpteen cameras at at all grounds... wont be solved until retrospective punishment for cheating is applied - would kill it off in no time.

simple solution to diving and blatent cheating is ref gives player an opportunity to come clean on the pitch and recive a yellow, and its end of. NO honesty and retrospective is a 3-4 match ban. simple

I agree entirely. Regardless of whether most professional players do it, or that we also have been guilty of it, that is all irrelevant. That only goes to add strength to the argument that something needs to be done about it sooner rather than later. In this particular case, Mansfield have good reason to feel justifiably aggrieved that they are not replaying at Liverpool. If Liverpool went on the win the Cup, then fans everywhere will feel that it has been devalued by cheating.

It is in the interests of the Football authorities that they are seen to be promoting fair play and that they can counter accusations that the glory teams gain an unfair advantage from the referees. With the modern technology available, there is scope for penalties to be meted out against players whose actions are clearly seen when matches and referees performances are seen in retrospect. Red cards can be rescinded in retrospect, so it is only reasonable that red cards be awarded retrospectively against serious foul play. And if retrospective retribution could be made in the case of red cards, why can't it also be made for other forms of cheating?

Come down hard on it and these practices will soon be eradicated.

He's a bit of knobber on the whole but to be fair to him on this occassion it was more instinctive than deliberate like Maradonna or Henry. The ball cam at him at speed and from only a couple of yards away. Also the way he kicked the ball in the net you could tell he was expecting it not to be given.

Mansfield manager wasan't too bothered by it either.

The wrist kissing is his normal celebration so irrlevant.

I'm sure they changed the handball rule recently, well in the last 20 years!!

I'm sure it used to be deliberate or if the player gained an advantage from an accidental one!

I was watching the Swansea v Arsenal game and a Swansea player had hi hand hit from a ball that bounced of the ground onto his hand, said ball then fell right at his feet. Ref didn't give a handball...

He's a bit of knobber on the whole but to be fair to him on this occassion it was more instinctive than deliberate like Maradonna or Henry. The ball cam at him at speed and from only a couple of yards away. Also the way he kicked the ball in the net you could tell he was expecting it not to be given.

Mansfield manager wasan't too bothered by it either.

The wrist kissing is his normal celebration so irrlevant.

Well, the Mansfield chief executive reckons they should be awarded a replay, so so much for them not being bothered.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2900/fa-cup/2013/01/07/3654122/suarez-stole-fa-cup-tie-claims-mansfield-ceo

And I read it that he kicked the ball into the net to make it look as if he had scored it in open play rather than with his hand.

But I agree with other posters, that had it gone the other way, it would have been disallowed. Mansfield are unfortunate to have no clout compared to all the plastics who support Liverpool in the media and the game's hierarchy, so their bleatings about how unfair it all was will fall on deaf ears, much as our protestations about the weakness of the penalty awarded against Steve Davis was against Chelski.

**** happens, thats football

If it had happened at the other end very few would complain.. noone knows for sure if the officials did see it or would've given a freekick if it was at the other end

Just because it Suarez its unnacceptable. He may be a **** but its quite boring to continually bash him for every single thing that happens.

Noone complained when Fonte deliberately handballed against stoke. Would you have preffered he admitted and went and told the referee?

Crouch handballed it before Jerome's wonder goal and noone has even fecking noticed!!

Noones fault but the officials

I ****ing hate all this nonsense, really do. There is not a professional player in the country that wouldn't have done the same, but because he's who he is, he's a cheat.

Same with Maradona, clowns like terry butcher and waddle going on and on about it, yet Jackie Charlton tried the same thing in the 66 semi final and nobody goes on about that. Double standards .

Footballers appeal for corners when they know it's a goal kick, pinch yards at throw ins, dive, exagerate contact, waste time and sometimes handle the ball. It's not ****ing golf,what do the waddles of this world want them to do, call the infringement themselves.had Barnes done what Diego did in the same game, would butcher have said " would you mind chalking that off old chap" to the ref?

All true, but would suggest that as these incidents gain so much more press and media attention due to teh clarity of teh multiple cameras, it is about time we looked to clamp down on a bit, given the the message its sends etc - having said that the controversy over decsions ahas always rightly or wrongly been a part of the game that infuriates yet keeps fans gasbagging in pubs post match for years.

Ultimately though sport should be a about fairness and played within the rules, else why have any? Yet in football the authorities seem happy with the status quo. It keeps thye media circus engaged and the game on the back pages ahead of other sports.

Do you think Jose Fonte is a cheat?

everyone is an outrageous cheat...unless a saints player does it

Are your referring to the Stoke handball? If it was intentional then yes he is.

When it comes to our own players, I've no problem calling a spade a spade - by cheating you are a cheat, are you not?

Are your referring to the Stoke handball? If it was intentional then yes he is.

When it comes to our own players, I've no problem calling a spade a spade - by cheating you are a cheat, are you not?

Then every single player playing the game is a cheat. Why aren't pundits and the like calling Ryan Giggs a cheat when he appeals for a throw in he knows is the other way. What about Gazza's bootlaces suddenly needing tieing up when we're leading in the last 10 mins, is he a cheat.