Away supporter coach questions ?

bender

Do they have a problem with drinking on the coach?

Do they have toilets on the coaches?

Whats people opinions of them?

Also, £10 to park at SMS for the day ? WTF??

Me and my Dad are going up on the Colleseum away coaches. £20 - not bad.

Google "Southampton Away Travel" - run by my mate Nick who owns the football merchandise stall in Shirley market (was outside Primark in West Quay over christmas too).

Free food and drink, pick ups in Marchwood, Central Station, Stadium, Fleming Park and Winchester, getting wifi sorted and got Sky TV as well. Very reasonable prices and friendly people. Stop a few times on a journey for a short period to stretch your legs, have a fag etc rather than stopping for an hour like the travel club do.

Oh and there's a toilet on board too.

Google "Southampton Away Travel" - run by my mate Nick who owns the football merchandise stall in Shirley market (was outside Primark in West Quay over christmas too).

Free food and drink, pick ups in Marchwood, Central Station, Stadium, Fleming Park and Winchester, getting wifi sorted and got Sky TV as well. Very reasonable prices and friendly people. Stop a few times on a journey for a short period to stretch your legs, have a fag etc rather than stopping for an hour like the travel club do.

If you get on at Eastleigh or Winchester prepare to sit on your own, as they don't allocate seats.

In his adverts on twitter he seems to suggest there is sky/ESPN on the coaches, therefore showing that day's lunch-time and evening kick offs, you know if that is the case or not?

In his adverts on twitter he seems to suggest there is sky/ESPN on the coaches, therefore showing that day's lunch-time and evening kick offs, you know if that is the case or not?

Yup, that is the case. Always have the evening games on the TV on the way back. Can be a little iffy with signal occasionally but that's to be expected.

I used it to Stoke, and fair play he runs it well.

No one was drinking on the bus so id didn't crack any open.

As Appy said, only problem was getting on at Winch/Eastleigh and having to sit on my own. And on the way back too as people take the same seat.

£19.95 for Villa, £25.95 for Man Utd. Can't say fairer than that!

But the official colleseum one is £20 for villa so thats a saving of 5p, and you get seat numbers pre allocated.

Anyway, does anyone know the answer to my question - can you drink on the official colleseum ones? Whats it like?

I'm pretty sure drinking on coaches is actually illegal, and they'd probably chuck you off if they caught you, so I wouldn't reccommend it.

You only save 5p, but I imagine the unofficial coach will at least have a smaller % of losers on it.

I'm pretty sure drinking on coaches is actually illegal, and they'd probably chuck you off if they caught you, so I wouldn't reccommend it.

You only save 5p, but I imagine the unofficial coach will at least have a smaller % of losers on it.

Why exactly??

Anyway, here's my opinion of my experience on the official away coach. The seats were a bit uncomfortable and a bit small. Hardly luxurious and there was no TV entertainment. Also it didn't stop at any services which I fancied. That said, they were more concerned on getting there quickly giving us plenty of time to go to the pub etc. It depends what you're after but I quite liked getting there no long after 1pm considering we left at 10.30.

I was chatting to some people who had been on the unofficial http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/ coach. They said it took forever to get there and back.

That said in the Villa away coach area I had a peek inside one and they did look nicer than our official one.